Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Isabel da Sorte

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Isabel da Sorte   Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Spoiler:

Backstory: When Franziska split her consciousness between her two bodies to retire, one was 87 and the other 26. To eliminate confusion over identities, the 26-year old administrator altered her appearance and name, and even personality to some extent. Having the mind of a Franziska from an alternate world, Isabel is much younger mentally; however, she is still capable of legal and executive work.

Last edited by Tod Arachnes on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:22 am

I was looking through bios recently and I noticed this one. I was strongly reminded of how awkward an idea it was once implemented. Though it worked to get Franziska out of the Executive position, which was only done because I couldn't have two executives without becoming boring. Yet it still seems vaguely wrong. The other executives are Cave Johnson, Wheatley, GLaDOS, and RED Spy - key Portal 2 characters and Zerdark's own prosecution/assassination form. And I'm really appalled at how crudely I managed to remove Franziska from the position.

Franziska was not the problem. Her job was important and she had a personality. But eventually, her personality vanished and her job started looking more like secretary work. So I had her retire, which I think also worked for her.

But now we have this almost never used person with no personality. It was a terrible idea, but I didn't know that until now. I see where I went wrong. I want to get rid of Isabel for the same reason I got rid of Grodus and ALPaCA and Chaos and Ganon and everyone else - because she does nothing in the RP except passively fill a slot.

But the question is: How can I do that without complicating things?

One thing I could do is have Franziska start doing her former job again (supervising admins and lower to "whip them into shape"), but not as an official employee. Instead she'd be doing it as a volunteer. This way, I'd keep her personality from becoming that of just a careerperson. Isabel could quietly fade from existence, no death or farewell scene necessary. With no acknowledgement that she exists, she could be retconned in the background.

This sort of thing would open Franziska interactions to more people, too, and let me use her canon form more often.

But it's all up to what the rest of you think. Yea or nay?

Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:28 am

My vote: Yea

Always good to open your characters up to more interaction, and I'd be happy to see her canon form used more. I only ask you do a bit of research on her original personality first. I think I linked you to some reading material a while ago, but will do so again just in case.

http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Franziska_von_Karma

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:49 am

Except the admins don't really need it.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:52 am

Rideps1 wrote:
Except the admins don't really need it.

Actually, that is a good point. They seem to know what they're doing. Everyone seems to know what they're doing now actually. Everyone being played anyway.

If Spitz were still here though, there'd be a reason for Franziska to at least whip Pryce into shape >_>

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:15 am

I know. It would start with Franziska just talking to them, then telling them how impressed she is with them. After seeing how wonderfully competent they are, she'd be more of a coordinator between admins, executives, and everyone else. Not that they can't communicate when they need it; just that sometimes they might not receive news when they need it. Memos aren't always the best for the spread of important information, with how minor some of them can be.

At least, that's what I was thinking.

Libero

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:02 pm

There was a suggestion a while ago about mission layout improvement. I don't know if that will ever go anywhere, but having an executive-level coordinator between supervisors would be helpful, especially regarding missions and the proposed improvements to the mission system. Franziska could also be unofficially a fast-track to the circulation of urgent news, and I especially think she would be more able to bridge the gap between administrators and executives.

"What gap?" you might ask. "Aren't administrators nearly just as important at this point?" Well, there are some differences. No administrator has Zerdark's trust the same way his executives do. Also, the administrators work on all manner of work. Memos, reports, filing files, organizing missions... Whereas the Executives focus more specifically on less specific things. Specifically science. Because 3/4 of the executives are from Aperture Science. I'm not saying we need to bring more Executives in, I'm just saying if there was a more efficient medium between the growing number of administrators and the small number of executives, both groups would benefit when it comes to productivity.

Also, it would increase the ability of admins to actually discuss admin-like things with each other. Most of the time, when they talk, it's about personal stuff, which is totally fine. It's just that Cipher has three main focuses: Relationships, combat, and career. If we could blur the line between relationships and career, working relations would become a key point. This would effectively decrease the gap between Administrators and lower, because at the moment Administrators, Scientists, Healers, and Mercenaries/Fighters are the most common careers to be onscreened. By showing how important each member's job can be, the impressive power setting them apart would close all manner of gaps, leading to interactions becoming plausible that would never have been plausible before - all without having to write characters like Bob from accounting. All characters (that aren't actually grunts) are way more competent and capable than grunts.

Also the suggestions about missions and rankings and that manner of reorganization should be looked at *shot for nagging*

And if my ideas here are completely horrible and/or drastically wrong, don't hesitate to say so, and we can let Isabel fade from existence without bringing Franziska back.

Last edited by Tod Arachnes on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:01 pm

So do you guys at least support my idea for the removal of Isabel from the big scheme of things?

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Sure, feel free to remove her.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:39 pm

If you can kick people into gear actually getting missions going, more power to ya. Because god knows we need it >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isabel da Sorte   

Back to top Go down

Isabel da Sorte
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Old Bios :: Free For All Characters-
Jump to: