Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:28 am

Alright, so I've been talking this thing up for a while now, I may as well divulge some details.

I don't want to give away the entire plot right now, but essentially, this would be Cipher entering a video game-like setting. Through unknown means, a good chunk of Cipher is sent off to an entirely different world, where they get caught up in a conflict that could put their lives (or even their world) at great risk.

Yeah, kind of a hammy description, but that's basically what it is. :v

They'd be split up into groups and scattered around the new world, facing RPG-fare monsters, odd creatures known as Bits, and a certain group of powerful knights that have it out for them for some reason. Yep, this is the plot that requires the knights I've requested of some of you. I'll share some more details about them soon. I will say though, I want you to treat them as their own characters. Hell, if you wanted to you could ship them or kill them off if you wanted to.

The Elias siblings (meaning June, July and Auggie) and the family in general are gonna be pretty important in this arc. In fact, those siblings are pretty much the driving point of the plot. Again, I don't wanna divulge too many details, though I will at least they'll be absent for a fair portion of the plot.

Also thinking there'd be a "life" system in place. Everyone gets 3 'lives', meaning they can come back to life twice after dying. If they lose the last one, they'll die for good!
Spoiler:

A Player system would also be in place, splitting characters up into PCs (aka the characters that will actually be participating in plot events), NPCs (AKA anyone who would be caught in the world transportation but be stripped of their powers/memories and thus unable to participate) or Rivals (AKA those brainwashed to fight against other Cipher members and must be defeated to be brought back to normal). This would be mostly to explain how most of Cipher could be transported but not forcing you all to play anyone you don't want to. It could also make for interesting situations so nyeh. :v

Obviously this is in the planning stages still, but what do you all think? Interested? Any questions? I'll be editing the OP as things go, probably.

(Also for those not in the know, I've got the basics of each knight written down in my Minor Characters page.)
Back to top Go down
Spitz
Conqueror
Conqueror

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:32 am

Selene would love the fuck out of this! Though no pressure on cranking it out or anything, we don't want too much on your plate or anything like that, now do we?

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:32 am

Well as the sounding board you already know what I think. Even if I am derpy.
Back to top Go down
Rockman47
Typhoon Commander of the 17th Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:31 am

Sounds like fun and a unique change of pace
Told you:

Zydogecopter:

ヤドン:

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:18 pm

I'm interested.

Sad

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:29 pm

random cheese okay

also sounds cool so far, if I get an idea, I'll totes share it :v

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Sleeny may hate me for my plans though >.>

Also yay.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Sounds fun
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:05 pm

If anyone has any ideas for who they want to outright participate or not, they're free to PM me. I'm gonna keep a list of every PC, NPC and Rival on hand for my own use, so the rest of you don't have to be spoiled Razz

There's no real limit on participants, but you'd probably like to keep it at a reasonable level if you actually want to use them. Just keep in mind, anyone in the Elias family or close to them would be handy. Not quite necessary, though.

And also, for how big this thing might be, it should really not affect the normal RP at all until it's complete. It might take a while and I don't wanna hold other things up. >_>
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:04 pm

At this point my main concern aside from this possibly holding other things up is having either too many enemies or not enough. :v
Back to top Go down
Zerdark
Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Well right now it doesn't seem like you'd be holding anything up :v

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:11 pm

This isn't for right now tho :v
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:36 pm

In case it's not obvious, I'm open to ideas, suggestions and open discussion :v (NAW, WHY ELSE WOULD THIS BE IN PLOT DISCUSSION? *shot*)

Still plenty of time to decide which characters you want to use or not and stuff as well. General and probably incomplete list of locations in the world this is set in is up if you didn't see, so you could start thinking about where you want to place who and stuff as well.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t1913-the-world-of-adonia

Also two relevant things I told Rid a bit earlier:

smashbasher123 (9:18:10 PM): But yeah, NPCs and Rivals are basically forced to act out a part so in theory they can take on any role

smashbasher123 (9:25:32 PM): Though if you don't want to fully think out a job or anything Rivals could just as easily be "Minion sent out to kill other Cipher peeps/drag Elias bloodmembers to the king"
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:40 pm

I had ideas, but I think those are things we should discuss in private.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:19 pm

Quick question: I'm considering giving the knights something to do before the plot actually starts. Get the writers figuring out how to play them and stuff. I have no details at the moment other than that it will likely be a flashback. Anyone object?
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Les do it
Back to top Go down
Rockman47

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:22 pm

I can Roll with dat

Zydogecopter:

ヤドン:

Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:28 pm

No one else? :0

Anyways, with Ben kinda-sorta-quitting for now, it seems a spot for a knight is now available.

... Any takers? :v
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:40 pm

I might, but I already have The Masked Man as a villain/rival. So I'll give someone else a chance if they want to be included. If no one else wants a knight though, I'll happily attempt to make my own.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:29 pm

I'd like one.

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:51 pm

-Zero manages to surprise attack Cipher, but this turns out to be a diversion; a hidden bomb has been placed near the town's Outrealm Gate, and a strange machine pointed at it. The machine fires as the bomb explodes, destroying the Outrealm Gate. But instead of simply destroying that gate, something unusual happens; reality itself begins to distort uncontrollably. Shift happens, Adonia is reborn.

-The normally kindhearted and benevolent king has recently made some questionable orders, from threatening new laws to hostilities towards subjects to even ordering attacks on innocent towns.

-Found by friends with no recollection of themselves or where they've been all their absence, June, July and Auggie are assisted in recovering some (but not all) memories.

-Throughout the world, shadowy creatures commonly known as [name] have begun springing up. The mere presence of some cause people and animals alike to go crazy with seemingly little provocation, while occasionally some grab hold of people and drag them down into some sort of portal. What happens to these people afterwards is unknown. The Silver Knights (and others) are ordered to investigate them.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:05 pm

First point seems fine to me. I'm not sure if this was established or not, but are we onscreening that attack and the actual transition from Cipher to Adonia, or just starting in Adonia with that attack as backstory? Honestly kind of hoping for the second one for reasons I'd rather not get into now.

Second plot point discussed seems interesting and I really wonder how that's going to play out. King possessed? Blackmailed? Impostor?  I'm questioning how Zerdark will feel about this too...

Third point seems fine to me.

First time I'm hearing of this fourth point and it's an interesting one. It could help with the Team Magma plot depending on where they fall in the grand scheme of things. They could blame the shadow creatures on the outsiders depending on when they both started showing up.

So now we seem to have how they get to Adonia sorted out. Question now I think is what happens once they are there in terms of this plot. I don't know what Zero's main goal is or what he'd be doing, so I don't really have any ideas on this. From the sounds of it, no one would even remember the guy anyway until he did something in Adonia. Do you have any ideas planned for that?

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:36 pm

First point is fine and all, though the method of occurence might be a little less dramatic. No idea why the machine is there, unless to cover some technicality.

Second point is fine and dandy, and could create some subplots even apart from the overall conflict between characters. Y'know, freedom v security debate and all that.

Third point is alright. Some characters might wig out, though. :v

Fourth point is something I'm pretty okay with. I'm a sucker for 'unnatural abominations suddenly roaming around' and it gives me in particular something to work with, such as giving ARK a secondary purpose.

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:49 pm

My only concern is on the three Eliases, what exactly they won't remember.

Otherwise es gut.
Back to top Go down
Rockman47

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:55 pm

1) This is an interesting concept but the most problem I have is Lelouch's motivation for blowing the gate up and the machine.

2) This idea can lead up to a bigger plot arc that can provoke many characters to develop in a certain way.

3) I am guessing that this where the other Outsiders are also slumped in. Otherwise, I have nothing that would echo other statements.

4) Dem Shadows. Though, having a common enemy in this realm can be quite useful in the grand scheme of things.

Zydogecopter:

ヤドン:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity   

Back to top Go down

Warrior's Kingdom: The Silver Circle and the Accursed Trinity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Pre-Start Discussion Archive-
Jump to: