Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Change for Adonia so far...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AniaNova

PostSubject: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:54 am

Let me start by saying that this stuff can all still be discussed if people come up with new ideas or plans. This is simply a mile marker so to speak...of the things we have decided on so far. Please forgive the format or if things don't seem well explained enough. If I need to, at the recommendation of others...I can come back and give more detail.

Why we arrive in Adonia
No one quite understands exactly how the Outrealm gates function. Through unknown means (still under discussion) those gates exploded (or imploded or however it happens) causing time and space to warp, and put everyone into this current predicament. This can be expanded upon at a later time when we know more.

Our Memories
It is most largely agreed upon that those coming to Adonia, will have lost their memory. Their last memory will be of a big all consuming "bang" and then they woke up wherever they appear in Adonia. The discussion of whether or not people have any form of natural subconscious recognition is under debate, and not widely unacceptable, as it could help with explaining certain personal character relations and possibly help play a role in the WK arc. Will discuss at a later date.

Future kids
We will re-write them so their parent's romance now takes place in Adonia. A broken one way outrealm gate will be there, for the future children to appear through. All future children will now be Children of Adonia

Adonian Lore
Before Adonia was as it has been in recent history(past several hundred years), much is unknown. It was an age in which all things shared one realm. The nature of things is open to interpretation and allows for deities and creatures of all types and ranges.

Travel and Technology
This is set in a medieval fantasy period...with bits of modern convenience through magitek and other means. We can touch down more on this later but as of right now travel around the realm of Adonia is set to be worked out. Some areas that lack magic may turn to other means to power those technologies. Guns are doable but not overpowered.

Other Realms
This has proven to be a difficult topic. We conclude that they do exist, however, we must discuss some form of limiting or condensing them for the sake of (my)sanity. Will discuss on a later date.

Terminology
Those who have live in and have memory of Adonia are to be referred to as Adonians. Those who came from outside Adonia and now have no memory, are Outsiders. Those who are a part of this world and have their memories....but fit into special circumstances in which one would not refer to them as an Adonian...would be referred to instead as a Unique Character. The nature of a Unique Character can be touched down upon in their personal bio.

Power Lvls
Power lvls of all Outsiders will be the same, in respect to their own abilities. Obviously a non combat Outsider is not equal in strength to a combat Outsider. One's own strength and weakness' would be determined by that person's class. EX. Someone who wears heavier armor because of their class will be harder to take down...but slower due to the armor. A person who focuses on wearing less clothes and striking with blades like a Ninja..would be faster but could take fewer hits. Range fighters are at a disadvantage of dealing less damage at close range. Mobility of that range fighter would depend on equipment. Mages can (usually) cast high damage or healing or effects over areas but their defense would likely be low because they are, mostly, unarmored. Be mature...and if you don't know what kind of strengths and weaknesses to give a character, ask your friends. Adonians are much the same for the most part. Most Adonian people on the norm are non combat. However some (among our characters mostly) can reach as high combat wise as the Outsiders can. Unique characters will often take the role of power characters, and often only to serve story purposes. Sometimes in the world there just exists people who need to be stronger to play their role. These character however will not usually serve in regular combat situations. If there are questions please ask, especially when making a Unique Character.

Finally...
We also discussed the note that...when interactions span multiple topics...we need to start linking the topic for easy reference. It is easy enough to do...we just have to pick up the habit.

If there is anything you feel I need to go into more detail on or that we should discuss more...or perhaps if you get more ideas that could replace these, please let me know. Thank you everyone for all your help with doing this.

-Aeo

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 am

Quick question/observation.

Are we gonna try to thin out the amount of characters? No offence, but it seems like having a ton of characters may have been one of the kinda-issues. Again, no offence. Just curious.

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:45 am

Thinning out the characters is implicitly happening already, at least as far as I can tell.

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Rand wrote:
Quick question/observation.

Are we gonna try to thin out the amount of characters? No offence, but it seems like having a ton of characters may have been one of the kinda-issues. Again, no offence. Just curious.

I think the main issue wasn't having a lot of characters around, but the fact that they were nearly all condensed into one building when there was an entire multiverse to explore. At least with this that 'building' would expand into a large country at the least :v
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:00 pm

It really depends on the person.

I'm adding more characters, because I feel one problem is I don't have anough to have a good variety. Some of the people who feel they have too much to manage will probably be retiring some, at least for a while. Besides, with the spread-out world, if we introduce the different countries/continents one at a time, the amout of characters won't be an all-at-once thing, sho it should be closer to manageable.

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Tod Arachnes wrote:
It really depends on the person.

I'm adding more characters, because I feel one problem is I don't have anough to have a good variety. Some of the people who feel they have too much to manage will probably be retiring some, at least for a while. Besides, with the spread-out world, if we introduce the different countries/continents one at a time, the amout of characters won't be an all-at-once thing, sho it should be closer to manageable.

Fo sho, bitch! *kicked out*

But yeah, in my opinion having Loads and Loads of Characters isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just how all these characters are handled. Having a huger starting playground for the new arpy should definitely help with that because we all aren't crammed in the most insane building ever. :v

But yeah, if I do actually get into this thing, I'll obviously be starting off with a very small amount of characters - possibly three at the most. I'll be building up on that over time if my interest holds and I have ideas to bring more peoples in.

I'd totally buy this for five bucks. In the black market. On Steam Greenlight. During a flash sale.
Back to top Go down
http://notpotatoes.weebly.com/
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Loloyuretaininginterestinanything *shot*
Back to top Go down
OyutheGaggles
Oyuoyuoyuoyu

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:40 pm

If I could never retain interest in anything ever, would I even be here to talk to you guys right now? :v

*shot*

I'd totally buy this for five bucks. In the black market. On Steam Greenlight. During a flash sale.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:58 pm

2morbid4me

I actually might delay the return of some of my old vets, to keep my scales a bit lighter.

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
OyutheGaggles
Oyuoyuoyuoyu

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Lao-ShanTux wrote:
2morbid4me

4spoons8forks

FORKING WITH FORKY *killed*

Back to top Go down
Yiksphone

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:24 pm

I'll add more with time if I'm any bit decent at teh arpying.

There will be no more random changes from me tho. Fucks stuff up too bloody badly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Change for Adonia so far...   

Back to top Go down

The Change for Adonia so far...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Pre-Start Discussion Archive-
Jump to: