Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Races

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Races   Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Note that this isn't for creatures that would go in the Bestiary, but for sentient (and for the most part, played regularly by writers) races that inhabit the world.

*By "derivatives" I mean "Derivative and/or similar", too lazy to add that onto everything. Basically more or less lumped any similar races into groups due to a few complaints :v

Spoiler:

Last edited by SmashBasher123 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:47 am; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rockman47
Typhoon Commander of the 17th Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Races   Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Lizardmen will probably inhabit some areas of the world, and their female counterparts too maybe, depending on Lao's opinion on the subject.

Pokemon live in Adonia, known for their power and ability to be tamed. Not really called Pokemon in Adonia but just slapped a generic, "Creature/Monster/Pet" title.

The Sonichu race should be something *Killed and tossed into a bodybag* *Not serious*

Zydogecopter:

ヤドン:

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Races   Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:11 pm

===Rare Grilod / 'Draconians' ===
A subspecies, or sometimes mutation, of the Grilod species, they resemble dragons more than they resemble crocodiles, differentiating them from standard Grilod.
Physiology-
Rare Grilod generally have higher physical strength than the rest of their spirit-oriented race, and as a result, often have less magical compatibility. They are also generally smaller than normal Grilod.
Characters of this race: Lao Rhyus

===Narugan===
A forest-dwelling subspecies of dragonkin with large ears, bioluminescent eyes, bladed arms, and large tails. They are often attributed as secretive and naturalistic, though they're often referred to as barbaric or savage. They are inclined towards dexterity and mobility, living in the trees rather than under them. They have a culture of their own, structured in tribes and living off of the forest.
They are not often skilled at magic, though some individuals are skilled with shadow magic or dark magic.
Characters of this race: Shara Colton, Othello Colton

===Manakete===
Descendants of dragons and man, they are long-lived individuals who possess the ability to transform into dragons. They have pointed ears and generally smaller statures, as well as an aptitude for magic.
They can live up to thousands of years without growing old.
Characters of this race: Neena Rhyus, Drayce Rhyus, (T)Morgan

===Lamia===
Women with the lower bodies of snakes, they are large and heavy, but also intelligent and swift. They often live in arid regions, organized into clans and villages. They are only female, but can procreate with most humanoid races and reptilian races. They often have an aptitude for most kinds of magic, and possess a high measure of strength as well.
They are cold-blooded, and thus subsceptible to cold and sickness. They are, however, extremely long-lived, living up to many millenia.
Characters of this race: Kaarme Venator, Kylma Venator, Melinda Kulta

===Taliv===
Believed to be a precursor to the human race, they are identical to humans in nearly every aspect. However, they are much longer-lived, unable to die of old age, and possess extremely high magical aptitude. They are often recognized as those who constructed the humanistic behavior in many regions, but have long ago gone extinct. How, remains a mystery.

===Magimaton/Magical Homunculus===
Beings almost identical to the race of their modeling, aside from possessing organs despite not needing them. They require magical energy to exist, and so need recharging every now and then.
Characters of this race: Syntax

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Races   Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Rockman47 wrote:
Lizardmen will probably inhabit some areas of the world, and their female counterparts too maybe, depending on Lao's opinion on the subject.

Female lizardmen is Alright(tm)
*creepy glances*

Back to top Go down
Zerdark
Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Re: Races   Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:14 pm

Vampires, how do they work here? *attempts to summon Alisa*

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Could we use humanlike races from games as regional/racial groups here?

Like Gerudo, Zora, Kokiri, etc?

PostSubject: Re: Races   Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:56 am

Destin von Tod wrote:
Could we use humanlike races from games as regional/racial groups here?

Like Gerudo, Zora, Kokiri, etc?

Ehhh, I'm not sure. Maybe as long as we don't get too crazy with them, but I dunno what others think about it :v
Back to top Go down
Spitz
Conqueror
Conqueror

PostSubject: Re: Races   Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:28 am

I had an idea for a race on anotherbfll forum I returned to. Like, way OP and the region is shit, but I kinda wanted to share anyways.

So here, have a race and stuff.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:12 am

I actually brought up when I introduced the concept, the idea of their being other "kinds" of humans. You have many races of humans in real life because they adapted to the place they live in. I imagine it would be similar here. I already have a race similar to the Gerudo in the works for my character Morgianna, however they won't have such a large female focus and will be more nomadic. I think there would definitely be people of varied types that are still human.

Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:02 pm

Would races that are mostly human physically with the exception of, say, animal ears and possibly a tail fall under that category? Cuz I have two such races.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:22 pm

I'd imagine so, since they'd have different behaviors, traits, and some marginal biological differences as well. I mean, a good ol' Many Parakeet is basically a elf that can go dragon, but they aren't elves.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Should probably have Aeo write the Fanalis stuff here later.

And for us to add elves...
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:20 pm

And phoenixes and dullahans too

Prolly a few others I'm forgetting
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:46 pm

No. -just kidding-

Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Nova:
A recent addition to Adonia, the Nova are descendants of dragons and humans much like Manakete, though they lack the ability to shapeshift into dragons. Their appearance is largely human, with small horns and wings not capable of flight. Most Nova also possess dragonic tails, though there are rare exceptions to this. Almost all Nova possess expert-level skill in magic use, and can channel their dragonic spirits to improve their attacks and capabilities. The Nova arrived in Adonia via some manner of temporal shift, and as a result are largely unaccustomed to the culture of the area, though they are not outright hostile to outsiders. The vast majority of their number currently live in an unmarked settlement in western Drachurst known as Pantheon, after the capital city in their civilization on their own world.
Characters of this race: Tear/The Angelic Buster

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:20 pm

Fanalis:
Fanalis are a nomadic race that moves between the larger continents. Their prowess in combat is legendary, often possessing strength and speed beyond what many races are capable of. Known for always having red hair, and red eyes...which glow like fire when they are in the heat of battle, meeting a Fanalis hunting group in battle is dangerous indeed. The relationship between the battle hungry Fanalis and the countries of Adonia has been shaky at best. As it stands many of the larger countries tolerate the presence of Fanalis hunting tribes, because they spend a good amount of their time hunting down large roaming beasts in the country side, which makes the land safer for all to travel. Fanalis pride themselves on their combat skills, and usually feature light armor plating (by their standards) and simple weapons. Some of the strongest most talented of their race throughout history have even entered battle with no weapons at all, such as the Current Chief..Leo. Fanalis are naturally highly attuned to sensing magic, to such a degree that when used in close proximity it can overload their senses, rendering them ineffective. This effect has been known throughout time to effect each Fanalis differently, and with training...to be able to overcome it to some degree.

Last edited by AniaNova on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Races   Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Taliv can get the chopping block, I ditched the idea I was gonna use quite some time ago

-Grilod-
A reptilian race similar to otherkin, but old and proud enough to differentiate from them. Originally a nomadic race(and indeed, some still are), they have since settled in Montilles and other nearby communities. They are similar in anatomical structure to humans, with some distinctions. Some grilods' posture is more hunched over, similar to how an old man might stand. Their legs are slightly digitigrade. Hard, crocodilian scales cover a large portion of their body, plating their backs, legs, chests and arms, and occasionally encroaching upon their faces. Most, if not all, have scales framing their forehead, and reptilian eyes. They also have large, thick tails reaching about two feet in length, and helps them balance. Females do not have breasts, linking them closer to reptiles. Grilod vary between physically or magically inclined, but most are deeply spiritual.

-Quetzalcoatl-
Similar to lamias in nature, with the addition and replacement of arms with large, feathery wings and feathers along their tail. Only one specimen seems to currently exist, known as 'Quetzalcoatl', the patron goddess of Greenfield Village. They have high magical capabilities and are capable of flying.

I think there's more I could write but I am a forgetful

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Races   Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Koopa:
Koopas are a race of anthropomorphic turtle-like creatures. Their shells come in a variety of different colors, and some are even born with wings, granting them the power of flight. Originally a small tribal race few in numbers and facing extinction, they have grown into the dominant species of what is now called Koopa Island. A surprising feat considering that Koopas are generally very peaceful by nature. They haven't even really known combat until the reign of their current king who has led them into a golden age. While peaceful by nature, Koopas have a variety of traits that prove useful during combat. For one, their shells make for a very effective piece of natural armor. They also have large eyes which are speculated to give them a large boost in accuracy with long ranged weapons, such as the common throwing hammer. They are also excellent swimmers, making them difficult to fight near bodies of water. Unlike some other races such as Humans or Elves, they do not grasp magic as quickly. It can take a decade or even two for Koopas to master a single spell, explaining why Fire Bros and Ice Bros only know their one spell. The most accomplished wizards in The Koopa Troop are fairly old. Their natural lifespans are identical to the Human lifespan, though some Koopas who keep in exceptionally good health can survive for even longer. How much longer varies based on the individual.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Races   Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Norn:
These are a large race of people, who live far to the north, and an island for removed from any main country in Adonia. The Island was normally avoided do to the harsh cold, and the hostile creatures that live there. The Norn settled there hundreds of years ago, growing accustom to living in that environment. Norn can get to be anywhere from 7ft tall to on the upwards of 12ft tall, at the height of their maturity. They are generally warriors, mostly relying on sheer brute strength to get the job done in a fight, however their tribes do host a few priests or priestesses that know different spiritual prayers. The Norn worship the spirits, and the Old Gods.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Races   Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Dullahan: A long lived race with detached heads. Fairly hardy and quick to heal, it's hard to keep a Dullahan down. In truth, a dead Dullahan never been seen by any other race. They all just seem to be there one day, then gone the next. They are always alive enough to crawl away, and then simply never seen again. But no scholars seem to question this, they're all too busy trying to figure out how the Dullahan digestive system works.

Tengu: The history of the Tengu is clouded in mystery, as there are very few left and they don't seem to know it. The rumors say that they are all descended from one couple centuries ago, a human girl and a crow-like wind spirit, but there doesn't seem to be any writings backing this up. Though they do usually gain a strong power over wind later in life. They once had an aery on Lost Mountain, but poachers managed to find the path there and nigh wiped them out. Their fast flying saved several families, who scattered to the winds across Adonia.
Back to top Go down
Rockman47
Typhoon Commander of the 17th Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Races   Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Lizardmen:
A tribal species known to have lived in the south island now known as Koopa Island. The lizardmen way of life is mostly unknown due to them being an isolated society. Most reports of the species come from exiled members whose statements can unreliable and have conflicted with each other. Though, some facts have been discovered. For one, the lizardmen used a unique language to communicate that has touches of the modern Drachurst language, hinting that communication in between them and the main continent may have occurred in the past. Lizardmen are also taller than the average male and heavier. Their bodies are composed of thick scales that can withstand damage. Lizardmen also tend to develop spines with no concrete pattern, researchers believe that their capability for spine growth depends on their genetics. A particularly interesting detail is that females of the species were a rarity and were expected to procreate with various mates. No proof of this has been confirmed since no females have been sighted outside the island. However, some reports indicate that some males took part in homosexual behavior while others fornicated other creatures in the island. It is unknown what has occurred to the southern population due to the rise of Koopas or if there's any other settlements in the world.

Zydogecopter:

ヤドン:

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Races   Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Angels
The Angels hold a very law based society. The rules are immutable, but the punishments are not; these are decided by the immediate superiors of the rule breaker, or those above them depending on the rule broken. As a long lived race, many of those in power have been there for centuries. They have a ruling set of overseers, most of whom are gods and godesses, but a few are archangels, and for the most part these overseers know each and every one of their underlings. For the most part, other than Guardian Angels (to whom discretion is up to the guardians themselves), they try to mostly work behind the scenes of Adonia. Not so much to be unknown, but enough that they aren't expected to fix every little problem that everyone has.

Frankenstein's Monster/Reanimated Corpse
Undead raised by necromancers who are given at least some semblance of free will, and generally matching intellect to said will. Of course, most necromancers will make sure they, at the very least, won't betray their masters. Your average necromancer's minion won't have any of this. These ones are usually able to make their own decisions in battle, or in assistance. Most are achieved by binding the old soul into the body, or another. That is the easiest way to give free will. Though some necromancers aren't so good at that, and will instead only give them the brain power (which tends to leave them useless in battle), or.... They'll use something else. Demons, most often. This tends to go poorly.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Races   Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:53 am

Calling for a small change to Magimatons and the creation of a Homunculus race for it to be a sub of;

Homunculus
Artificial beings created in the image of some sentient race, but without the aspects that truly make them sentient. Often seen as servants or assistants. There are many ways to make homunculi, and many ways to alter them, and it's been said that a few special cases have managed to acquire some measure of sentience.

Magimaton/Magical Homunculus
Homunculi formed of pure magical energy, they are essentially puppets or even golems modeled after a certain race. However, as magic is a fickle thing, they require magical infusions after certain intervals.
Characters of this race: Syntax

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: Races   Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Fae

A race of (usually) magically inclined semi immortal beings that generally fall into one of three categories, when it comes to alliegence. Includes your regular old little faerie with wings that isn't very large, as well as a human-sized (or larger, as the very powerful ones can alter their shapes and appearances) ones that can summon the telltale wings at will.

Summerfae: Catchall term for the group of Fae beings sworn to the Summer Queen, Yggdrasil.
Winterfae: Catchall term for the group of Fae beings sworn to the Winter Queen, previously Morgana.
Wyldfae: A Fae whose allegiance is declared for neither of the two Courts.

The Accords: A magically binding agreement came upon by Fae leaderships long, long ago. Forbids Fae sworn to either Court from acting against the reigning Queens, and from killing or harming mortals who haven't first attacked them. Wyldfae are generally exempt.

The Mantles: Transferable magics that augment the Queens and their personal Knight. Transferred to the nearest suitable Fae upon the death of a bearer.

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Races   

Back to top Go down

Races
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Information/Vault :: Races and Creatures-
Jump to: