Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stat discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Delicious_Fsteak
Furfrou with a tophat
Furfrou with a tophat

PostSubject: Stat discussion   Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is the stat sheet in its current state. I figured a topic discussing what each stat actually affects (broadly in ways that apply to everyone, character-specific stuff should be listed in bios). I feel like each stat needs to affect characters both in terms of combat and outside of it, since not all characters will be combat-based. This leads me to my first point; the magic stats. I've discussed this with Aeo and we agree that they should be called something else, because as it stands characters who don't ever plan on using magic can set them both to terrible and not suffer at all for it. I've thought about it myself and the only thing I could come up with is spirit, which is terrible and has the exact same issue :v

Secondly, I was thinking some things could be affected by multiple stats, my reasoning being that being a it would be a little odd for a mage who has never been in the vicinity of a forge to be able to craft a decent armor because they also happen to be able to brew potions. For example, specifically in regards to crafting, forging could be affected by both craft and strength while alchemy could be craft and intelligence. Thoughts?

My Japanese name: 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean) 山下 Yamashita (under the mountain)
Stay calm and derjpop
Awakening:

ARE YOU READY?:

QFT:

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Stat discussion   Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:53 pm

If it does occur, the number of people joining should be low enough to not need a terribly simplified system designed for ease of joining.

PostSubject: Re: Stat discussion   Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:56 pm

Well. I suppose that if Stats are mostly a tool for newcomers, they won't be needed as much as we're going to make backlogging easier..

I guess no stats is fine.
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Stat discussion   Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:50 am

I am technically, in respect to the rest of you, one of those newcomers. With that in mind, I stepped into even an unbalanced system because it appealed to me even so. Was it difficult? Yes. Not because there wasn't a stat guideline..but because power lvls were so vastly spread out that it didn't make sense, especially for what was, essentially, a slice of life RP. I think with the new RP, implementing a stat should it be necessary later, is much easier than it ever could have been with cipher...because we will still be balanced out by each other's opinion this time. What doesn't seem to be understood is...there ARE going to be differences in ability and power. That is the point I was making before. They do not need to be so incredibly vast. However, someone who has spent a large part of their life fighting, is going to be all around more polished than someone who is just starting out. It is a fact of life. No one character who plays a combat role...will also hold a position of power over others, unless that position is agreed upon by the writers. Like, with a guild. All things should be discussed between the people participating. If new people come along and struggle, it is our job as hosts to help them. I agree with Smash that we should wait on stats, until such time as it is deemed necessary.

Back to top Go down
Zerdark
Emperor of the Multiverse
Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Re: Stat discussion   Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Agreed.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stat discussion   

Back to top Go down