Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Because of this thread
http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t195-final-fantasy-1-challenge-runs
I have been inspired to do a generic-only run of a Disgaea game. I've only got 3 and 4 at the moment though, so the first few people in here will have to vote for which one, so I know what pool of generics to put up for picking.

Also note this is not going to be a new file, because I want you guys to have the pick of the litter. I'll be starting a new cycle and locking out my old equipment. I'll be making Tier 1 average characters of those who get chosen (which will probably be everyone who wants to be, since deployment is 10 characters). I'll also be adding a Stronger Enemies bill every chapter. It may take a while as this party could be completely unbalanced.

As for restrictions....

I don't want dupes (Though the other gender class is fine). And I'm going to have myself as a character as well. If D3 is picked, a Bone Dragon. A Gargoyle for D4.

That's pretty much it. That leaves 9 slots. Soooo.. Someone vote for 3 or 4!

Also, if not all slots are filled in a week, I'll be picking random users to be Prinnies.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:28 am

Hero (Masked Ryugin55) wrote:
well, I'll take any of the personalities I guess

Want White Mage to be a Cleric, or a Medic (linked to a few posts ago)?
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:28 am

Do you have a bag of breeders though? You are probably going to get quite varied pokemon.... Need to produce some eggs. Or do you pokesav?
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:29 am

Up to you. She's you, after all. I find Medics are a bit better while grinding, which there will be some of since I'm putting on bills. I might up the amount of bills being passed as well.. Possibly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:30 am

SmashBasher123 wrote:

What is the difference? The wiki does not have much about clerics
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:32 am

SmashBasher123 wrote:

What is the difference? The wiki does not have much about clerics

Besides appearance and personality sets... I think Ripdes has the answer up there^
Back to top Go down
OyutheGaggles
Oyuoyuoyuoyu

Rideps1 wrote:
Do you have a bag of breeders though?  You are probably going to get quite varied pokemon.... Need to produce some eggs.  Or do you pokesav?

Pokesav?

I never got into breeding - I find optimization stuff like spending dozens of hours on "perfect" teams boring and I don't do much online.

I'd totally buy this for five bucks. In the black market. On Steam Greenlight. During a flash sale.
Back to top Go down
http://notpotatoes.weebly.com/
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

Mainly the primary evilities that I put up in the list up there.

Being able to heal the SP of undeployed units while deployed is nothing to sneeze at in an item world run.

Also, Medic is one of the DLC characters with easy access to high tier weapon skills (for bow and sword)
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:34 am

Well, I don't really mean optimization. Really you'd just need that for the sake of being able to get the pokemon without tons of work. Pokesav is pretty much hacking, you can turn one pokemon into another and give it different moves, etc. Or something like that. Haven't used it myself, not entirely sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:35 am

Rideps1 wrote:
Mainly the primary evilities that I put up in the list up there.

Being able to heal the SP of undeployed units while deployed is nothing to sneeze at in an item world run.

Also, Medic is one of the DLC characters with easy access to high tier weapon skills (for bow and sword)

I guess whichever is best (though I am pulling for cleric with staves to be more accurate to her personality, but it is your choice in the end)...
Back to top Go down
OyutheGaggles
Oyuoyuoyuoyu

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:45 am

Oh gods no I have not, do not, and will never use hacking like that. I play Pokemon for legitimate story runthroughs - I don't breed, I grind as little as possible, and I certainly don't hack my 'monz. I enjoy playing through the game and just picking up whatever I feel like as I go along - it's cool to see how teams like that work out.

I'd totally buy this for five bucks. In the black market. On Steam Greenlight. During a flash sale.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:49 am

I did have a friend do one for me once though.  It was minor though, not game breaking or anything.

Just had him make me a level 1 Zapdos with normal growths and Pickup instead of Pressure.

Not game breaking, just a more useful version of my favorite legendary.

EDIT: But anyway, if you do not have a collection of pokes somewhere, it would be kind of hard to do a real run like this.
Back to top Go down
OyutheGaggles
Oyuoyuoyuoyu

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:01 am

Rideps1 wrote:
I did have a friend do one for me once though.  It was minor though, not game breaking or anything.

Just had him make me a level 1 Zapdos with normal growths and Pickup instead of Pressure.

Not game breaking, just a more useful version of my favorite legendary.

EDIT: But anyway, if you do not have a collection of pokes somewhere, it would be kind of hard to do a real run like this.

Eh - I do kinda wanna get an Action Replay just so I can get the events legends. Really, keeping you from getting certain 'mons legiti ately like that is a fucking stupid idea that should die in a fire.

(Hey! Another thing to rant about sometime!)

I can see what you mean, though. Eh. I'll think more about this in the m-

(looks at time)

...around noon.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:36 am

Rideps1 wrote:
1Rideps the Gargoyle
2Lao the Dragon
3Smashbasher the Warrior
4Arachnius the Ghost
5Spikaya the Prinny
6Rockman the Heavy Knight with Spears
7Hero the..... Masked Hero with Fists
8 White Mage the Healer with Staff
9 Comet Gunner with Gun
10 CreepyandNice (have a name preference other than that?) Beastmaster with a Bow

Everyone satisfied?  I'll be starting in a little while, I just realized I was mid cycle so.. Yeah I gotta speedrun the rest of it.

Incase they want specific personalities: Holding off on making Lao, Comet, and Fsteak. The rest are made and tucked out of the way of active evil symbols (I sent all my usual generics to the support room)
Back to top Go down
Delicious_Fsteak
Furfrou with a tophat
Furfrou with a tophat

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 am

I think the Newbie personality would fit me the best.

My Japanese name: 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean) 山下 Yamashita (under the mountain)
Stay calm and derjpop
Awakening:

ARE YOU READY?:

QFT:

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:57 am

Noted. But as for now, I'm going to sleep. Not sure why I'm... oh right steam sales.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:31 am

Rideps1 wrote:
Noted.  But as for now, I'm going to sleep.  Not sure why I'm... oh right steam sales.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah, uh... Will be starting later. I don't feel like laying down anymore today, and the chair in my room is covered in laundry.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:14 am

Me starting tonight is confirmed, because there is a bunch of tape on my neck and I cannot for the life of me get comfortable. I'LL BE SITTING HERE AWAKE ALL NIGHT YEAH
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:12 am

PROLOGUE!

*Random chaos all over Cipher HQ.  All non-Gumshoe clones on Cipher property are brought in front of Zerdark.*

Zerdark:  I've had it up to HERE with all of you!  *He motions to his neck and snaps his arm back down.*  You are all going on a VERY LONG TRAINING EXORCIZE.

Rideps:  But I wa-

SILENCE! *Zerdark snaps his fingers and all of the ten people in front of him collapse to the floor.* Now then, off you go! *he waves his hand and the disappear.*

The group starts to stir, and hears strange music playing...

Fenrich: YOU THERE!  Get up already!  Lord Valvatorez has tasks for you to complete!

Rideps: Bwa.... *Looks at hand, now made of stone.*  OH SUNUVA-
Fsteak: Wow these are bouncy.
Lao:  ... At least I'm still a dragon this time?
Comet: This had is awesome.

Valvatorez: *Clears his throat loudly*  WELCOME TO HADES!  You've been sent here to receive my extreme Prinny Rehabilitation Program.

Spikaya:  Then why am I the only one who is a Prinny? *Is kicked into the wall by Fenrich*.... Dood?  *Fenrich nods and walks back over to Valvatorez.*

Val: Aaaannyyway, I've heard you are at least somewhat competent in battle, so I'll just send you straight out.  Due to time traveling shenanigans, I've already saved the world around 15 times.  Now YOU TEN get to do it.  Oh, and I'll be making it harder as you progress.  Here, have some weapons.  *Party is given the weakest of their prefered weapon and a single Vinyl Cloth each*  And, I can't forget your rewards for listening!  *Valvatorez throws a sardine at each party member*

White Mage: But I don't like sardines.....

*White Mage hides behind Hero*

Valvatorez: Just for that, I'm going to pass a stronger enemies bill RIGHT NOW.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:44 am

CHAPTER 1-1

*Not all of the battles will be blow by blows. But we might as well for the start!*

Rideps hops along through Hades, no longer having legs. The others wander around the area, and he goes to talk with the Dimensional Guide.

However, Spikaya talks to the X-Dimension Guide first, and takes the party instantly to X-1-1, to be completely massacred by a tier 6 Nekomata.

After returning, and a quick round of Prinny Kickball by Hero, Smash, and Rockman, of course refereed by White Mage, who kept the ball from exploding, Rideps talks to the normal dimensional guide.

Dimensional Guide: Why hello there Ripdes. What can I do for you?

Rideps: Rip.... Really? They changed my name? God damnit. Whatever... Take us to the tutorials.

DG: Of course, Ripdes!

Suddenly, the party finds itself in... Some sort of magical portal. On the other side is a room full of angry looking prinnies. Spikaya gets pushed out first to test the waters. He deals 1/5 the other prinny's life bar... And takes 1/4th back.

Rockman: Well that isn't going to work. CHAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

Arachnius, seemingly comfortable with his ghost body already, takes one step out of the portal and attempts to cast Balefire, but instead just casts normal fire. This takes the first prinny down to a little below half.

Lao trips on his way out and fails to make it to an enemy, while Hero runs past them to hit the one in the back, following Comet's bullets. However, the Prinny manages to dodge Hero's punch and lays into him with his knives.

Ripdes comes out next, and manages a combo with Lao, taking the first prinny down to... A single HP!

SmashBasher is up next. "An uphill battle, huh? That's what fighters are for!" He, Rockman and Fsteak all combo and attack the second Prinny, which falls to Smash countering the Prinny's counter.

With that, White Mage finally leaves the portal and heals the nearest wounded, Smash. Hero is too far back for her to reach, which prooves to be a serious problem for him. He is taken down by two of the prinnys.

The first prinny stayed in place, however, and was hit by a combo led by Spikaya with Lao and Rockman. And what should happen, but a chest is left in his wake! Ripdes wastes no time breaking it, and is rewarded with 12 EXP for himself and Lao, who combo'd it with him.

Afterwards, Comet and Lao avenge Hero with yet another combo. The prinny that is left is severely outnumbered, and Arachnius opens with another Fire while Smash leads him and Rockman into YET ANOTHER devastating combo, felling the final prinny and earning them.... A couple hundred HL.

Valvatorez throws Sardines to the party again, and then... Warden Axel comes and takes the other Prinnys, so Val yawns and points you after him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:12 am

YOU GOT ME KILLED THE FIRST CHAPTER!?!?!?!

also, hahaha... Ripdes...
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:46 pm

YOU GOT ME KILLED THE FIRST CHAPTER!?!?!?!

also, hahaha... Ripdes...

Yeah I did.. Don't worry though, you are not only leading one of the 4 evil symbols I have out (The General Manager), but, well, Masked Heroes are squishy dodgetanks. If it weren't for the fact that I put on a stronger enemies bill you definitely would have survived. You took 2 hits for 7, with your 14 HP. Buuutttt your speed stat is the highest stat on the team (44), so you really should have dodged....

Ah well, even if you fall a little behind, the stats you get from leading will help you catch back up when you've got better gear.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:46 pm

What other Evil Symbols do you have?
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Training Ground, Evil Eye and... Uh... The lab? Yeah, the lab. Most of the team is in 2 symbols.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!   

Back to top Go down

A Disgaea Generic Cipher Run!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Dem Games :: DISGAEA-
Jump to: