Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bounty Board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AniaNova

PostSubject: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:42 am

This is just an idea that struck me earlier I wanted to put up for discussion. I thought it would be neat if we could create a place for posting bios for bounties. A lot of time, I find myself thinking "Man I wish I could use that person for something." or "It would be cool if these people can fight ________." Now, these bios would not be very complicated. It would be very short...a picture or reference, appearance details as needed, a brief explanation as to why they are on the bounty board, how difficult of an opponent they are (so a person knows if they should go alone or take friends) and maybe a "reward." That gives a way for you to RP that small time villian/not so nice character you thought might be fun...but didn't want to build up a full blown plot for. Also...it gives yet another reason to get people together, that normally would not travel together. Because in a world like this, everyone needs money for something. Of course I would not dream of over complicating the idea, like with making an in depth money system....think of it like this...
In a world like this, people who can't do things themselves, would no doubt be willing to pay someone who could, if the job needed doing that bad. So whether you are hunting down wild animals, beasts, or someone who just acts like a beast, the people themselves put the price on the table. My point is, no need to over complicate the money side of things, and simply look at it as an opportunity to get some use out of what may have usually ended up as, unused material.

Back to top Go down
Zerdark
Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:05 pm

I can see this being cool.  Especially for those playing assassin type characters. Would be cool to see assassins accepting contracts from the board. I could see Zerdark dabbling in this from time to time as a lucrative side business. Hell, Fulbright could get his heroic start with this (assuming the bounty board is 100% legal). I approve.

Also, is this bounty board fully public or is it moderated to some extent by the law? I would imagine at least a bit of supervision from the law. Can't have people posting bounties on innocents after all. I imagine those types of assassination jobs are negotiated more discreetly.

One last thing. I think we should have the bounty bios section with the other bios. Maybe in the "Other" section. http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/f41-other
Meanwhile in the RP forums, there could be actual bounty boards in towns where characters can accept these bounties and possibly meet up to discuss the job. The bios themselves would be in the bio section, but the interactions would happen in the towns, not the bio section.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Last night she was talking about having two boards, one for legal and one for the... shadier side. I think. I was sleepy.

Also I don't think in other, I think they should have their own subforum, like I assume available dungeons will. While the dungeons might have physical locations, we would still need a list somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:24 pm

Fair point. We can go with that.

Also, I'm not sure how having an illegal board out in the open would work. Unless it's a comical backside of the first board that the law enforcement never consider checking. I might be able to suspend my disbelief for that, but might be better to consider alternatives.

Then again, the shadier board might work for Sparalong City. Smash described it as, and I quote, "Cesspool of Crime and Violence". An illegal board full of shady jobs and assassination requests doesn't seem that far of a stretch in such a city. Guards are probably paid off to look the other way when it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:33 pm

It likely wouldn't be out in the open. Would probably be in the back room of pubs or something.... Except in Sparalong, where it's in the open.

Monteport's might be a little easier to get to too. I mean, it may be kept crime free by Lyra's crew and their allies, but they only care about the inside of the city, and the other coastal towns in the country.
Back to top Go down
Delicious_Fsteak
Furfrou with a tophat
Furfrou with a tophat

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:39 pm

The non-legal one doesn't have to be a literal board, it could be that you give some password to an innkeeper and he hands you a list of targets. Or maybe something less cliched. I don't know, I'm bad at life.

My Japanese name: 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean) 山下 Yamashita (under the mountain)
Stay calm and derjpop
Awakening:

ARE YOU READY?:

QFT:

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Delicious_Fsteak wrote:
The non-legal one doesn't have to be a literal board, it could be that you give some password to an innkeeper and he hands you a list of targets. Or maybe something less cliched. I don't know, I'm bad at life.

I do like this idea.

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Delicious_Fsteak wrote:

Yes. Yes you are.

dat idea is gud tho yayaya

I'd totally buy this for five bucks. In the black market. On Steam Greenlight. During a flash sale.
Back to top Go down
http://notpotatoes.weebly.com/
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Steak's idea seems good.

This would work well for the sort of "side work" Yoren does to fund his research. Wink

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:29 pm

I am glad everyone liked the idea. I should have gone deeper on what I meant. The less than legal work wouldn't be on a literal board, and not every character could usually just go and pick up those targets. Else people like Fulbright could get to it and snitch and ruin it like a big snitchy snitch. Most likely it would be for characters like Tesa and other characters who don't mind getting their hands dirty actually killing someone. Not to say they are all kill requests but, the first bounty board wouldn't put a kill on someone unless it was in the confines of the law. The assassin marks would probably just be something about knowing who to talk to, as Steak suggested, whereas the bounties would be easily accessible.

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:37 pm

AniaNova wrote:
I am glad everyone liked the idea. I should have gone deeper on what I meant. The less than legal work wouldn't be on a literal board, and not every character could usually just go and pick up those targets. Else people like Fulbright could get to it and snitch and ruin it like a big snitchy snitch. Most likely it would be for characters like Tesa and other characters who don't mind getting their hands dirty actually killing someone. Not to say they are all kill requests but, the first bounty board wouldn't put a kill on someone unless it was in the confines of the law. The assassin marks would probably just be something about knowing who to talk to, as Steak suggested, whereas the bounties would be easily accessible.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:40 pm

This is why Fulbright and Tesa had a rocky past.

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Not in this world. They have no idea who each other are here.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:49 pm

I still don't see him hitting it off immediately with a known "criminal"

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:50 pm

That depends on whether or not he knows who she is at all. If he does know, then yeah, not the best idea for them to interact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bounty Board   

Back to top Go down

Bounty Board
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Pre-Start Discussion Archive-
Jump to: