Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Concerning pregnancies and future kids

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:27 pm

(God fucking dammit phone erasing what I had already written -_-)

Alright, so Ali and I were talking the other night and we got on the topic of pregnancies in the RP.

I had the idea that the pregnancies in Adonia would be much shorter than IRL. This would be mostly for writer convenience, since I doubt any of us would have the patience to RP a pregnant woman for a full 9 months. This would also mean any action girls wouldn't have to sit stuff out for as long (but still leave enough time to force them to settle down~). What do you all think tho?

This next bit is Ali's idea but I'm not sure if I remember the exact details and Steamlog isn't showing it here so Ali can probably elaborate later if I missed anything. This concerns same-sex couples getting babies.
Basically, if a gay/les couple wanted a child of their own, they could seek out Yui and Reina, who would place a plea to the gods (who'd probably listen since Yui and Reina) and perhaps grant them a child in some way. The exact method would prolly vary since obviously men can't get pregnant (inb4anycommentsonthis), but I wanted to see what y'all think of this too.

And finally, to save a bit of space and since it's somewhat relevant to the above, I figured we could work out exactly how, where and why future kids end up in the past. :0
Back to top Go down
OyutheGaggles
Oyuoyuoyuoyu

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:33 pm

SmashBasher123 wrote:
The exact method would prolly vary since obviously men can't get pregnant (inb4anycommentsonthis)

AW YOU'RE NO FUN *mangled*

I'd totally buy this for five bucks. In the black market. On Steam Greenlight. During a flash sale.
Back to top Go down
http://notpotatoes.weebly.com/
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:33 pm

whatever works

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:41 pm

I want to comment on the future kids part.

Obviously in Cipher, they had access to unlimited outrealm gates. They could come back with knowledge of the future, or of a bad future, simply by stepping into a realm that was literally a different realm than theirs, even if only because it was behind chronologically.

I propose that we implement certain measures to prevent future kids from initiating paradoxes and/or rendering plans null in their past simply by not knowing what would happen in the RP'ed timeline. A future kid who claims to be an only child either prevents the parents from having another or makes an event which prevented them from having another in the alternate time canon.

So, if we implement kids, I propose we do at least one of the following:

- Implement a canon alternate timeline with a believable explanation for its deviation, then determine the canon characteristics of it in advance. (And implement no more than one alternate future)
- Have kids arriving from the future without memories of future events. How far the lack of memory would go is unknown.
- Have kids not necessarily be from the future, but implement their grown forms through some other explanation.

One idea I had is that a shrine up north in the mountains has the ability to send a person back in time to the moment of their conception, and they have to have an arcane symbol marked on their hands and arms. They lose their memories upon being sent back in time, and the only exception is that they can sense where the child version of them is. That would explain them finding their parents if they aren't settled down, and showing up only after the parents get together. After they find child them, they remember their parents, but not much else.

Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Well if two males want children, Alisa kind of already solved that issue. Yui and Reina's first child (Kotonoha) just appeared at the shrine after a while. It was only their second child (Akari) that came about through a pregnancy. So should we need to use this excuse for the males, the spirits can just skip the pregnancy altogether and just make a child appear in the male couple's home after a week of prayer or something.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Koto is adopted.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Rideps1 wrote:
Koto is adopted.

Technically speaking, yes. But if we want the couples to have a biological child, we could say that the spirits specifically made the kid for that purpose.

Naturally, I'm afraid this kind of adoption is the best we can do, unless I'm just not creative enough. There's kind of a physical limitation on males that prevents a traditional pregnancy. So...they're either gonna need to adopt, or perhaps find a surrogate mother.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:13 pm

Not that it's that big an issue since GAY MEN IN THE RP WHAT ARE THOSE :0 *killed*
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:16 pm

*lowers flamethrower*

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Yours already adopted tho Tod :0
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Two so far.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:29 pm

My idea was that the traveling back in time to this time period would be sort of a ripple effect caused by the Big Bang that caused this all in the first place. Let me try to explain what I mean the best I can. The issue is, some of the kids might not be coming back for the same reason, as well as...it may be hard for some to HAVE reasons to come back. My explanation I would like to use, is it being an accident.

This was the point in time where the last universe, and all the time lines and the muddle, were basically blown up. The last outrealm gate, as we have said, is the means that the future children come through. I imagine because of the big bang, time would be distorted. This part comes a bit from one of Tod's ideas...
Just like those who are outsiders who came to Adonia, the future children would suffer memory loss. However, it would not be on the same scale. It might be bad and disorienting at first but within a week they start to get feelings of familiarity around people. A while after that they begin to regain memories about their family, things from their childhood, people they know really well, etc. If they don't remember someone else they meet, that is ok...it can simply be left to "must not remember because of the memory loss thing." They would not remember crucial plots in the future, and would not remember anything that could ruin those plots. The most they might get is a "bad feeling" about a situation they are heading in, and that is something to be discussed between writers, perhaps an interesting way for plot planners to hint at something serious without having to give their story away, is allowing someone's future child to get a bad feeling about something(potential there).

Basically, time is finicky at this point because of the sudden wound in time caused by the big bang. The outrealm gate in the future likely I guess you could say "shorts out" in a sense, and reacts unpredictably. It takes causes brief rips in time that takes these kids into their own past, or the past of their ancestor (unpredictable DNA thingamajigs). So in the end the future children don't HAVE a reason for coming back in time (for the most part) and though they will soon recover their memory in regards to important personal info...they would not be able to remember everything, which thus, saves the future from plot holes and the like.

EDIT: They also would not remember themselves from their future...since they would obviously be there...

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:39 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Aeo's solution.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm okay with the memory loss idea. Though I'm not sure about the Outrealm Gate randomly sending people back. Makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Maybe certain conditions have to be met for an individual before the gate does that? Maybe they have to be close to the thing for it to happen at the very least.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:01 pm

That works fine with me. Nearly all of mine have already been sent back from the start so they'd bypass the memory loss thing.

With perhaps one exception :0

All of them get spat out wherever the Outrealm Gate is, right?
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:01 pm

We could do it like the other outsiders and have them wake up in random places.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:14 pm

Well it won't ACTUALLY be random...it is all planned by us lol. Still I get what you are saying. Problem is some of these people would have no reason to go near the outrealm gate at all. It would only be pulling certain people back through time, and it's not like they will be falling from the sky...we are talking only making this exception for the few who still need to be future children.

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:18 pm

Well I guess I can just chalk it up to time being distorted and the future kids are conveniently the ones we want because Writers. But I would like to keep it to a minimum if at all possible.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Relax, the Writers are watching over everyone to make sure they don't send back anyone that doesn't need to be Razz
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Alright then.

So...anything else?

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Delicious_Fsteak
Furfrou with a tophat
Furfrou with a tophat

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:16 pm

I've asked before but I'll ask again because more people will see it here: would all the future kids have to come from the same era? Not the exact same time or even same timeline, but would it have to be from the same general time period? Cuz I wanted a character to be from way further ahead than most.

My Japanese name: 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean) 山下 Yamashita (under the mountain)
Stay calm and derjpop
Awakening:

ARE YOU READY?:

QFT:

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:16 pm

I wouldn't mind personally. But let's see what the others think.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Nah I think they could be from any time in the future, personally...as long as you stick with the memory loss

Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Quick question about that memory loss thing, can I say a near-death experience would slow down the memory recovery? By like... Several years? :v
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Sure.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning pregnancies and future kids   

Back to top Go down

Concerning pregnancies and future kids
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Pre-Start Discussion Archive-
Jump to: