Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Inquisition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AniaNova

PostSubject: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:56 am

I already discussed the basic idea for this with Smash but, in a country that has such a large focus on magic, there should be some kind of organization to deal with rogue magic as well as other hidden threats to the country....is the excuse I am going with (been playing a lot of Dragon Age tbh). Anywho I know we have the knights but they are more of an in your face warrior group, best of the kingdom's warriors sort of thing. This organization would be a sort of shadow group with large authority (over regular normal citizens) when in the middle of an investigation. To elaborate, usually they sort of just keep a watchful eye out, but when something requires further investigating they have the right to demand cooperation. More of in a sense that many of the means are turned a blind eye to as long as it gets the answers and is for the good of the country and its citizens. This is not a regular police force, they look for very specific kinds of high lvl threats. My character Violet that I will be introducing soon, would serve as the High Inquisitor. I was wondering what some of you thought of the idea, and if it might interest some of you, i.e. maybe making an inquisitor of your own to add to the mix. It could be a pretty varied outfit, and if no one is interested, I could just add a lackey here or there, and they can be more background, and Violet as the High Inquisitor would be the person most interact with when dealing with the Inquisition. So, thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Delicious_Fsteak
Furfrou with a tophat
Furfrou with a tophat

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:05 am

I don't think they should have as much authority as they do in DA, but otherwise it seems alright.

Spoiler:

My Japanese name: 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean) 山下 Yamashita (under the mountain)
Stay calm and derjpop
Awakening:

ARE YOU READY?:

QFT:

Back to top Go down
Zerdark
Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:49 pm

I had a bit of an idea to go along with it. Does the Inquisition just flat out arrest and jail people on suspicion of wrong doing? Or do they give fair trials? I was thinking this could be a decent excuse to bring back the court system into things. Only instead of a normal prosecutor, one of the Inquisitors, or perhaps even the High Inquisitor herself can stand as the prosecution if she so desires.

I get this idea purely from Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. And that Judge's outfit.
Spoiler:

I'm mostly just saying that in the event of an accusation, one should be given the chance to defend themselves. False accusations probably happen, no organization is perfect.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
The Riderps Phone
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Chris.

I am putting my foot down. No more one sided "trials". This is not AA with a hotshot defense shooting holes in faulty arguments. Investigators. Are not prosecutors. Unless the defense are also investigators.

I would rather there be no trials at all then watch Violet drag people into court for a solution we already know.

There is a place for trials, but it isn't right there. And it certainly isn't with the high inquisitor prosecuting. Unless we get someone to serve as defense with equal access to the flow of information, then maybe.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Well they don't have to be one sided. Equal access to information is fine. (Honestly it IS weird that the defense gets almost no information. Japan's weird). Then again, I do see your point about outcomes we already know. There'd be almost no way to avoid that since we're the ones writing the evidence.

Though I see no reason why they can't happen in the background as a lore set-piece. It's better than the Inquisition arresting whoever they damn well please with no chance for a proper defense. It's like the damn Thalmor from Skyrim, hate them. And again, this would be entirely in the background.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
The Riderps Phone
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:23 pm

While background makes it more stomach able, I was thinking about it and I can't picture her in a courtroom.

More the interrogation type, you know.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Well she doesn't HAVE to appear in court at all. I was merely saying she could if she wanted to. Like in spoilers,
Spoiler:

It's just something that's available if she wants to, but she doesn't have to. Any of the normal background inquisitors can do it.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:28 pm

I don't think trials would be bad (in general) provided it's not as blatantly one-sided in the prosecution's favor as AA (since that's for gameplay and story purposes and all). RP wise I'd see it as a bit more like a debate between two characters (arguments and counter-arguments, backing them up with evidence, etc.

That being said, yeah I sorta agree with Rid there, the High Inquisitor doesn't really sound like the type of character that would be very effective in court as opposed to interrogations. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:39 pm

SmashBasher123 wrote:
I don't think trials would be bad (in general) provided it's not as blatantly one-sided in the prosecution's favor as AA (since that's for gameplay and story purposes and all). RP wise I'd see it as a bit more like a debate between two characters (arguments and counter-arguments, backing them up with evidence, etc.

That being said, yeah I sorta agree with Rid there, the High Inquisitor doesn't really sound like the type of character that would be very effective in court as opposed to interrogations. Razz

Well to be fair, it would be hard to keep it from being one sided if we're the ones writing the evidence.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:44 pm

I have an idea on that. You see there was a form of trial in Inquisition, in some cases. Now the Inquisition does not have total absolute authority first off. They simply have more authority when it comes down to rooting out high lvl, often magical threats. Other wise things are left to the normal authorities. The High Inquisitor Violet, mostly travels alone. She doesn't do a lot of things party worth, she just investigates, but she would occasionally ask Inquisitors to join in her work. She excels at getting information, not only by violent means, but through simple conversation as well as helping people out in exchange for said info. They do what they have to, to get that info. These would not extend to the High Inquisitor's cases, but more to the ones that other inquisitors can't make an informed decision on, and will not always end in punishments like execution or imprisonment, though it can. The Inquisitor will present evidence to the High Inquisitor, who was often not involed in their investigation(interactions). They will present their full case, the defendant will offer their side, and in cases needed, can have a defense. Then the High Inquisitor will make a decision. If she can't attend she can appoint someone else in her place.

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Well we'd still need to solve the problem on things being one sided and us already knowing the outcome.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Well no, because I wasn't involved in those interactions...I am reviewing the evidence and making a decision, even if that decision is locking them up or setting them free until more evidence is found. I make the decision as the interaction happens. If not, then there is no other way to do it, unless someone else has a better idea, and in which case if not, then we should avoid the courtroom all together.

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:06 pm

So you're saying you wouldn't read the interactions at all until after the High Inquisitor's decision? That might work.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:18 am

How often do I read other people's interactions if they don't specifically hunt me down and ask me to? Lol

Back to top Go down
AniaNova

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:19 am

Anyhow it might be best to just avoid the courtroom bit, and leave her job at rooting out problems.

Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:36 pm

So wat do
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:39 pm

How many inquisitors were made?

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Only 2 are relevant now so :0
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:41 pm

My only idea would be to integrate the Inquisition or at least some of their former roles into an already existing group. Whether it be Cipher or ARK.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 pm

I vote that the Inquisition be mostly dissolved, with maybe the roles unofficially taken on by other groups with their own agendas, such as the Scholar's Guild and ARK.

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:57 pm

Laonoone wrote:
I vote that the Inquisition be mostly dissolved, with maybe the roles unofficially taken on by other groups with their own agendas, such as the Scholar's Guild and ARK.

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition   

Back to top Go down

Inquisition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Pre-Start Discussion Archive-
Jump to: