Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Huckleberry Inn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: The Huckleberry Inn   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

A medium-sized inn that was built along the most-traveled road many years ago, it has seen its fair share of travelers, soldiers, scholars and pirates. Owned by an an elderly man, Heirn Huckleberry, and his wife, Oul Huckleberry, the building is designed to be cozy and comfortable, like a small home.
Five individuals are currently employed here, each with their own specialties.
Heirn serves as the financial manager of the inn, and also as its night-time bartender, his dexterity as of yet unmarred by old age.
Oul spends most of her time continuing to dish out her special recipes for the hungry guests, and helps out with the cleaning as well. She usually gets help from the younger employees, due to her diminished stamina.
Larissa, the daughter of a Berkshire family sent to work here, tends the bar and the kitchen, having mostly learned culinary skills back home.
Trais, who may as well be living here, mostly cleans the rooms, but also serves as the sole waiter, acting as the in-between for the kitchen and the people.
Dhaein, who certainly IS living here, is essentially the man who keeps track of everything besides money, taking guest registrations and making sure everything proceeds as planned.

In the dead of summer, when the nautical nature of Monteport becomes rather attractive to many inlanders, the inn sees most of its guests, and indeed, it is very busy these days.

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:08 am

She shrugs with a smile, standing up and gathering her things, adjusting her massive glasses as she heads for the door.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:10 am

"Have a fine day, then, Ms. Fiolina." He calls after her, standing and giving her a bow.

Back to top Go down
Severick Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Solvari walks, or rather limps, into the inn as casually as she can muster and takes a seat at the bar. Her attire is dark in color and consists of a simple sweater with loose pants and boots. Another notable feature is the bandage currently wrapped over her left eye.

Character Statuses:

Severick: Shard Mission: Autumn Lake
Mizore:    Unknown
Canaan:   Hunting Mission: Eastern Verdant Plains
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:27 pm

The current bartender, a tall young man(perhaps even a boy) stops by to ask for her order, but upon seeing her bandages, can't help but flinch a little. "Uh, ma'am, I hate to intrude, but... Are you okay, what with all... That?"

Back to top Go down
Severick Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:20 am

"It...will heal." she says with a sigh, "Get some ale for me, please." Solvari doesn't make eye contact and instead, stares down at her hands almost disappointingly.

Character Statuses:

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:25 am

"Uh, sure.." He takes a mug and starts to fill it with ale, but continues glancing at her worryingly.
The mug is quickly full, and he places it before her. "O-okay, miss, are you SURE you're okay? No offense, but you look like you got in a bad scrap.."

Back to top Go down
Severick Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:10 am

Solvari looks to the mug and slowly grabs it to bring to her lips. She pauses momentarily to ponder her choices and then proceeds to chug down the ale. Once empty, she sets the mug down, "One more." she says, still not making eye contact.

Character Statuses:

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:11 am

"Um... I... Alright..?" He pulls another draft for her. Seems he's questioning his decision as well.

Back to top Go down
Severick Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:19 am

Solvari immediately drains the second mug before she finally makes eye contact, her face sullen, "I wish that it had been something...as simple as a fight to cause this..." She fights the urge to get any more emotional, but the alcohol quickly begins to whittle down that inhibition. Just as she expected, it was always easier for her to spill her heart out this way.

Character Statuses:

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:22 am

"W-well, if you want to talk, uh, I'm here to listen..?" He sounds a bit unsure, not being used to dealing with this sort of thing.

Back to top Go down
Severick Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:37 pm

"For the past month...I-I had been under the employ of a young girl from a wealthy and evi-..troubled family." Solvari begins sadly. "She...needed protection from the occasional brigand while fulfilling tasks in her late parents' wills. I thought her quest to be strange, but the pay was well worth any troubles that I could foresee at the time." Solvari looks down and deeply sighs, "We grew extremely close...in such a short time..."

Character Statuses:

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Trais says nothing, silently predicting what the next part of the story will be, but not wanting to interrupt. It was probably better to just let her talk, hopefully.

Back to top Go down
Severick Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Solvari closes her eye and takes a moment to focus however she can on her next words. Upon her eye opening, her sad expression changes to that of a fiercely angry one, "She was so very close to her goal...we went through assassins, traps, fires, monsters, mages and her wretched cousins all for naught!!" Her fist pounds the bar with her exclamation and her breathing is audibly heavy. Solvari remains silent for some time as she calms herself.

Character Statuses:

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Trais is silent for another while, before finally offering a lame "I'm sorry..."

Back to top Go down
Severick Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:39 pm

Solvari looks to Trais solemnly, her one visible eye beginning to glisten, "We had won...it should have been over. I could never have foreseen her mansion breaking down as it did...C-Carhmine's last words were orders for me to save myself." Solvari puts her head face down onto her arms as she finally lets loose the tears she had held back for the last few days.

Character Statuses:

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:49 pm

"H-h..." He starts to say something, and starts to reach out to touch her shoulder, but stops himself. He thought it would simply be better to just let her cry. What could he really say or do? He'd exhausted his options by now, he thought.

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:19 pm

No waking knock comes to Trais' door that day, leaving the young man to remain asleep until well into the morning.

The other employees have congregated at the bar, in convention over their plans for the day.
"Well, what does he like to do, Danish?" Heirn asks the man, leaning over to draw a draft of lager. Oul beats him to it, snatching the mug away from him and putting it away.
Dhaein taps his chin in thought. "Well, he likes viola, but he's already got one of those, and I don't think there's any good ones around town. I think those are all in Friezant, and that's way too far for today."
Larissa speaks up, offering, "He's told me he likes listening to those radio shows. Should we get him his own radio?"
Dhaein shakes his head. "Nah, we usually have something playing down here, and he's not in his room all that often. 'Sides, let's not give him a reason to start cooping himself up, eh?" He gives a small grin.
The group goes quiet for a moment, then Oul breaks it. "Trais has some warrior-type doodads, doesn't he?"
Dhaein nods. "Some cheap arms and armor he got from who-knows-where, probably for a steal."
Little did he know how literal his statement was.
"Maybe he could use better gear, yeah." Heirn says.
"What would he use them for?"
"Ah, he's always eyein' the guild boards when he's working the floor. Someday he'll take one of them, I reckon."
"...Are there any good blacksmiths around? Do we want to get him something custom?"
"He's a big boy, they can probably just give him something standard."
"That's true."
The group goes back and forth on the particulars for quite some time, until Dhaein finally sums it all up. "So then, we're getting the kid some new equipment, we're gonna try and wrangle up that York guy that's in town today, and we're gonna get a receipt that Trais can take in when the guy's done slapping it together if he needs to make it."
The others nod in affirmation, and Dhaein heads out to fulfill the errand.

A couple of hours later, Trais awakens, and sits up, rubbing his eyes blearily. He might've overslept a little.
Overslept.
He sighs quietly. He overslept. Dhaein probably had an earful ready for him already.
After getting dressed, he tentatively steps into the lobby, looking at the group still by the bar. "M...Morning..."
They all turn to face him.
"Morning."
Then they turn back to their chatter.
Now Trais is confused, and a little bit worried. Things were usually a bit more lively than that.
He moves to stand with them, as per usual, thinking to himself that he was probably stepping into the lion's den.
As soon as he gets close, Dhaein reaches out to grab him around the shoulders with one arm, pulling him into a huddle with him and Larissa.
"Now, Trais, there's something I need to say to you."
Trais groans, hanging his head. "I'm really sorry, sir, I didn't think I would be out that long."
"What? What are you talkin' about? You never get up unless I knock, and you always get up when I knock. How's it any sort of problem?"
"...What?"
"What what? What to you, what's what."
Trais blinks.
"Ah, forget it. Congrats, though, Trais."
He blinks again.
Larissa smirks, leaning forward to face him. "You're an adult now, sleepy."
"Oh."
Dhaein lets go of them both, throwing his hands into the air. "Oh, he says, well, ain't it great that we spent all morning makin' all this effort for him to just say 'Oh'. OH, he says."
The Huckleberries smile at his mock exasperation, and Trais' newfound bewilderment. "Today's your birthday, isn't it?" Heirn says.
"Uh... Is... Is it?" He looks over at the calendar on the wall. "...Looks like it is. Huh."
"You must still be asleep," Dhaein says, without the exaggerations from before. "I expected you to be more excited than this."
"W-well... It's really not that big of a deal..."
"Yeah? Well, what about this?" He asks, handing Trais a small slip of paper.
All is quiet for a moment as Trais reads the receipt. When he's done, he looks up, with a slightly surprised expression. "Uh... Thanks, everyone."
Dhaein gives a short laugh, shaking his head. "Alright, alright, I get it. You want to get right to working, no day off for the birthday boy."
"Wait, wh-what?"
"You brought this on yourself, you know!"
And so Trais was frogmarched into the kitchen, where breakfast would be made and where a rather nice cake was hiding.
Just another typical day in the Huckleberry Inn, really.

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:38 am

Continued from...

Dhaein finally reaches the inn, unbelievably glad to finally be permanently under cover, especially for the sake of the probably-freezing woman with him. He stumbles inside, barely catching himself as he crosses the threshold, and carries them over near the fireplace. The fire is still burning bright from the day, and probably won't be allowed to go out for quite a while.
He gently sets the woman down in one of the comfier rocking chairs before heading back to the kitchen to make a little bit of food.

Before long, he's returned with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a few simple sandwiches, as promised. He sets the dish on a small table next to the chair, and finally seats himself by the fire. Nothing to do now but wait for the woman to wake up, which hopefully wouldn't take long between the fire and the smell of broth.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:42 am

The fairy takes a couple of barely noticeable bites from a sandwich while they both wait. Eventually, she starts to stir with a shiver.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:43 am

Noticing, Dhaein sits up, ready to handle whatever state she might awake in.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:51 am

She looks around with bleary eyes. "Where...? What...?" The fairy flutters up and sits on her shoulder, looking relieved.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:52 am

"There we go, you're awake now... That's good..."
He breathes a sigh of relief, slouching back in his chair. "How are you feeling?"

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:57 am

"I... Cold, but..." She reaches up to her face. "Ah.. Lost my glasses, too." She rubs her eyes before patting herself down, apparently looking for a spare set.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 am

"Glasses? I... Uh... Didn't see any. They, uh... Mighta gotten stuck in the mud..." He looks a tad sheepish about that.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:08 am

"They could be anywhere... I.... Don't actually remember if I had them on...." She squints, looking off to the ceiling to think. "Or much of anything...?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   

Back to top Go down

The Huckleberry Inn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Monteport-
Jump to: