Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Huckleberry Inn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: The Huckleberry Inn   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

A medium-sized inn that was built along the most-traveled road many years ago, it has seen its fair share of travelers, soldiers, scholars and pirates. Owned by an an elderly man, Heirn Huckleberry, and his wife, Oul Huckleberry, the building is designed to be cozy and comfortable, like a small home.
Five individuals are currently employed here, each with their own specialties.
Heirn serves as the financial manager of the inn, and also as its night-time bartender, his dexterity as of yet unmarred by old age.
Oul spends most of her time continuing to dish out her special recipes for the hungry guests, and helps out with the cleaning as well. She usually gets help from the younger employees, due to her diminished stamina.
Larissa, the daughter of a Berkshire family sent to work here, tends the bar and the kitchen, having mostly learned culinary skills back home.
Trais, who may as well be living here, mostly cleans the rooms, but also serves as the sole waiter, acting as the in-between for the kitchen and the people.
Dhaein, who certainly IS living here, is essentially the man who keeps track of everything besides money, taking guest registrations and making sure everything proceeds as planned.

In the dead of summer, when the nautical nature of Monteport becomes rather attractive to many inlanders, the inn sees most of its guests, and indeed, it is very busy these days.

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 am

"Ohhh, one of those... Hey, listen, you're in a city called Monteport, in a country called Drachurst in a land called Adonia, and this place here's called the Huckleberry Inn."
He adds as a sidenote, "There's also soup and stuff right there if you're hungry."

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:52 pm

"Hmmm. It sounds familiar... But maybe not." She rubs her head. She smiles at the fairy on her shoulder as she looks at the food. "Good to see you're fine, Selene. Hmm. I can't remember my name though..."
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 pm

"Oh, geez, you can't? Uh, anything you think might help you remember? Well, though, uh, Selene there might know."

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

The fairy shakes her head with a frown and hugs the woman's chin.

She finally finds a case with a second pair of glasses and puts them on, closing her eyes a few times to let them adjust. "Maybe your sister will remember... We'll wake her up after food." She moves the tray of food onto her lap. "Oh, er... Thanks for helping me. Sorry I didn't say sooner."
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:15 pm

He waves it off with a smile. "Least I could do for a lady. If you think you need to, you can hang around a bit longer to recover. Plenty of food and some comfy beds. Inn stuff, y'know. Might be good if you wanna see how the amnesia goes for now."

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:31 pm

"Hmmm... I think I have some money, what's the going rate here?" She pats around herself again with one hand while she picks up the sandwich with the other.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:32 pm

"Considering the circumstances, complimentary, I think." He says nonchalantly.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:15 pm

"Are you sure?"
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:37 pm

"Absolutely, ma'am."

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:46 am

"Well... Thank you, then." She smiles.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:49 am

He smiles back, before snapping his fingers as he realizes something. "I shooouuuld go get a room set up for you, then, huh. Did you want any more food before I run off to do that, or is just that stuff fine?"

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:13 am

"This is plenty, thanks."
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:08 am

"Alright, just ring if you need something, and enjoy your meal, ma'am." He stands up, gives a polite bow, and heads upstairs to prepare her room.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:31 pm

"Thank you." She takes another bite of the sandwich and starts in on the soup, blowing on a spoonful to give the fairy a sip too.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Trais sat in the commons room, near the fireplace, watching the light of the fire twinkle off of the sword his friends had commissioned for him. It was a surprisingly light weapon, and much more balanced than the cheap steel blade he had stolen. By now, he had already given it a name: Talon, entertaining the idea that some day he might be a fabled hero. It really was a pretty blade. Maybe he could get that going for him, at least. The prettiest blade in history.
He was wearing the new armor as well, having been under the impression that it would take some breaking in to avoid chafing and the like. He was pleasantly surprised upon donning it, however, the measurements that had been made for his uniform working quite well for the duds. It wasn't much in the way of knightly protection, but it looked good and wore comfortably. It struck him as 'adventuring gear'. Did one name armor, too? He couldn't think of any examples.
He jolted out of his thoughts as Dhaein put a hand on his head, giving him a friendly ruffle. "How do y'feel?"
Trais took a moment to ponder his answer, before admitting, "Nervous. Really nervous."
Dhaein looked surprised, but not concerned overmuch. "Really? With all that warrior-looking stuff on that body in its young prime? Well, that's about what I expected."
He sat down in the chair across from Trais, giving him a relaxed look. "Listen, Trais, that's about normal, yeah? Lot of people get butterflies when they're going to a new place, believe you me."
Trais didn't look too reassured, and Dhaein could tell, so he continued. "But, that nervousness? Means you've got the right idea. Not in the way that you might be thinkin', not 'cause you're right about being likely to mess up. Uh, 'cause that's wrong. The... Being likely to mess up part."
He pat his face with both hands, like a drinker trying to sober up. "I mean... What I mean is... You're gonna do fine. Because you're nervous, so you'll take caution. Precautions. Probably even postcaution. Like your math, how you keep triple-checking it even though we told you it was the right darn answer."
"Wait, what?"
"Never mind. Point is, you'll do fine. Don't worry."
"O...kay. But what about having to pull my weight? I'm not a very good fighter, and I'm not exactly good at noticing, like, booby traps and whatnot. My friends usually had that covered."
"Doesn't matter too much, you're going to be around other people. You don't absolutely need to be a good fighter, or a good explorer, to be a good teammate, right? Everyone has their own role. Yours might be a bit unclear, but you know what?"
Dhaein pointed at Trais' long shadow, formed by the flickering fire against the floor. "That right there, could turn out to be the most darn useful thing possible. You never know."
"...Are you serious? Like, not joking? Not lying to make me feel good?"
Truth be told, those shadow powers of his didn't make him entirely comfortable. He still didn't truthfully understand them, and he felt that they detracted from his overall reputation. After all, in the midst of this Shade crisis, who wanted to have a power indistinguishable from a majority of the creatures? There had already been reports of doppelgangers.
"Alright." Dhaein took the metal sphere he kept on his desk out of his apron pocket, holding it up for Trais to see. "I want you... To catch this."
He waggled it, and Trais nodded, holding his hands up, ready to snatch it from the air. They had done this before, between customers.
But then Dhaein slung it perpendicular to them, away from the fireplace. Trais reached out for it by instinct, but didn't completely follow through, processing that it wasn't a possible catch. He winced internally at the thought of the sound it would make upon impacting the floor, and the lectures that Larissa would give them both about disturbing the guests with their games.
With all that going through his mind, it's little wonder he didn't notice the absence of such a noise until Dhaein pointed it out by tapping his shoulder and gesturing towards the shadowy hand that clutched the ball.
Trais blinked for a moment, following the trail of the 'arm' with disbelieving eyes, until he came to its end, connected to his own shadow on the floor.
"Did... Did I do that?"
"Yep. Well, at least your brain did. Maybe your shadow's brain. Either way, you caught that ball. Can you bring it back?"
"Y-Yeah, no problem..." The hand glided along the floor to stand proudly between them, a strip of shadow keeping it connected with the main host. Dhaein gently plucked the ball from its grip, smiling.
"Check it." He said simply, tossing the ball into the air to land back in his pocket.
"...I... Guess I believe you." Trais smiled.
"Yeeep. That's all you need. Honestly, I bet you won't be doing too much besides searching as a group, anyways, so..."
"So..?" Trais looked apprehensive again.
"So just be your usual dope self." Dhaein grinned.
"H-hey now..!"

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:29 am

It's the morning, just the usual morning. The usual opening of the front doors, though Trais is the one to do it this time. Just... The usual.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:34 am

And then that door smacks him in the face as a girl with mint colored hair barrels into the inn. You know, usual.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:37 am

Trais crashes into a table and a couple of chairs. As usual.
"Woah, woah, woah, who's not holding their horses?" Dhaein shouts, coming down the stairs at the sound of the collision. "There's no rush to beat yet, you're the only one rushin'!"

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:43 am

The girl skids to a halt and flops into a chair at a table in the corner, leaning her spear up against the wall. "But the faster I get to the table the faster I can order breakfast, Dhaaaeeeeiiiiinnnnnnnnn.  We didn't stop for dinner yesterday, we got behind schedule."  Obviously a regular in the area.  So very usual.
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:53 am

"Well, who's fault is that! The usual, I assume?" Dhaein doesn't even bother writing anything on his notepad.
Trais stumbles to his feet, attempting to clumsily readjust the table.

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:58 am

"I told her to pack some more food for herself before we left Berkshire, but NOOOOOOOOO."
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:06 am

"Really now? Alright, little miss 'Melia, you're getting a doggy bag after this!" He mock scolds her, wagging a pen at her. "No ifs ands or buts!"

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:20 am

"Guuuuuhhh.... Fine. Make it two, though." She has started to yank off the straps of her armor to dump it behind her chair, shaking the plate sleeve off her boots first.

Yanshi leans her sword up on the wall behind the other chair, yawning and stretching out her shoulders. "Nah, you don't really need to. We're headed home in the morning, have plenty of food waitin' for us."
Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:25 am

"You kidding? This is a grandma restaurant, you two aren't going anywhere without extras. Besides, means we get to advertise to the rest of ya." He grins.
He then pats the unwoozied Trais on the shoulder, pointing him towards the kitchen. "Alright, kiddo, same old same old, think you got it?"
Trais nods solemnly, having had the particulars of this 'usual' branded in. He disappears into the kitchen shortly thereafter.
"So, what's new with you two? Got any of those 'inn rumors' I keep hearin' 'bout?"

Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:35 am

"Nah, not unless ghost ships between here and Crystalpine is new news for ya."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Huckleberry Inn   

Back to top Go down

The Huckleberry Inn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next