Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Watering Can

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: The Watering Can   Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:15 am

First topic message reminder :

A quaint little building on the edge of Eribank leading to its beautiful meadows, this shop specializes in floral arrangements and various natural perfumes and fragrances, all made by the store's owner, a young girl in her early to mid-20's. Despite the rather unassuming nature of this shop, people have been known to travel from far on Drachurst's east side to sample her wares. The store itself is adorned simply with various arrangements of flowers and other plants, all clearly well taken care of. Right behind the store is a greenhouse, which appears to also be mantained solely by the owner. Opening the door by the counter will lead you to a staircase, and upstairs is the living quarters of the proprietress, though not many have actually seen it. Rumor has it there's a basement as well, but there isn't any immediately obvious entrance...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:36 pm

"So out of it that you haven't even remembered what today is?  Well that's okay, I get to remind you then!" Gimle gently breaks the embrace to take a step backward, her hand reaching for her satchel.  Her smile is absolutely beaming as she takes its contents from inside and holds them out to Aeris with a dramatic flair.

Spoiler:
 

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Her eyes widen in surprise as she stares at the flowers. Were these...?
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:45 pm

"Aery? You seem... surprised at something. What's on your mind?" Outer calm, but insides primed to burst at the slightest poke.

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:18 pm

"... Blisswisps? But... But these are among the rarest flowers to grow in Drachurst... I've never even seen one up close, let alone..." she half mumbles to herself, half says out loud. It was clearly a surprise at any rate.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:29 pm

"You can see why I was gone for so long then. I pulled every string I had, pushed every contact, pursued every lead, but these are NOT easy to come by. All I could get out of anyone was a location where they were said to bloom, without a guarantee that they were even there, let alone in bloom. But... I got them. I got them and now I want you to have them. For your birthday, and..." Gimle's words diminish but the shade of pink on her face only intensifies as she speaks.

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:42 pm

"G-Gigi, you went through all that trouble just for me...?"
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:46 pm

"What do you mean, JUST for you? YOU happen to be the woman that I-" An abrupt and rather awkward squeak silences the rest of Gimle's sentence. She lifts a hand to her face and looks aside for a moment, face nearly glowing. "My word... You're going to make me spell it out for you... Here, please take these... blisswisps... and let me take a moment to gather myself." Without waiting for a reply, Gimle hands the bouquet over to Aeris, not really sure what to do now with her eyes or her hands. She hadn't expected this to be so challenging.

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Aeris barely seems to notice this as she continues rambling. "If I recall, these rare beauties are said to have been used a lot as symbols of long lasting relationships back when they were more common. Oftentimes, they were used to symbolize a deep, eternal love to your belo-" she pauses mid-sentence and slowly looks up at Gimle.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:06 pm

The grin and the blush on Gimle's face speak volumes that mere words could never hope to express. All she manages is a simple "Finally figured it out..."

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:12 pm

"G-Gimle...?" She seems quite unsure of what to say as her face suddenly turns a bright crimson color, even deeper than it usually gets when she's flustered.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Gimle takes a deep breath and slowly steps toward Aeris, reaching out gently to cup her face in her hands. "I'll finish what I was going to say earlier. YOU happen to be... the woman that I fell in love with. Long ago, too, but... I was far too scared of how you might react. I didn't want to ruin what we had on this romantic gamble. But now? I'm afraid I can't hold out any longer. I had to tell you, and I had to be BIG about it. These flowers are..." Gimle falters for a moment, her gaze falling for just a second. But like lightning, she stands firm and stares directly into Aeris's eyes, their noses almost touching. "No. It's not JUST these flowers. They're just a symbol of my... of how I..." A deep, steadying breath, though one showing the slightest hint of a quiver. "I love you, Aery. I always have. I want to stay with you from now until the end of all. It's all I've ever wanted."

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Aeris doesn't respond verbally, but not for lack of trying. Several times she starts to say something then cuts herself off. Her face is beet red, and tears eventually begin to form in her eyes. But she could tell they weren't tears of sadness... Eventually, she gives up and simply hugs Gimle as tightly as she possibly can, looking up at her with the warm smile she fell in love with.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:40 pm

Gimle smiles as warmly as she can, a few tears of her own forming. She manages one last "I love you..." before leaning in and tenderly meeting Aeris's lips with hers, sharing their first true kiss of love. The instant their lips touched, all doubts Gimle harbored about this were completely washed away. Mentally, Gimle couldn't help but think about how cliche that was. But, that's love for you.

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:42 am

She holds the kiss for what feels like an eternity. Eventually her lips part, as she seems to have gathered her thoughts a little more. "I... I didn't expect this to happen... Or... M-Maybe I did... I think I was waiting for it all this time and didn't even realize... Oh gosh..." she shudders, clearly relying on Gimle to hold her up. "I... You are my closest friend. You always have been, and you always will be. But now... Now we can be even more... I'll replant these flowers in my garden, and... Let them symbolize our eternal bond... I love you, Gimle... My sweet Gigi... You've done so much for me... And now I can do the same for you..." Her pauses are a clear sign of her struggling throughout her sheer desire to just pass out right then and there from being overwhelmed. She strokes Gimle's cheek and smiles as she takes a deep breath. "... You look exhausted. Shall we go back to sleep together once I finish with that?"
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 7:52 pm

After several hours pass, there is a loud knock on the door. Aery barely seems to notice, deep asleep curled up next to her newfound lover. After a few moments, the sound of a key turning the door can be very faintly heard. Whoever was at the door obviously had a key to the place.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Gimle doesn't move much either, so wrapped up in her Aery is she.  From the front room, the faint sound of talking can be heard, including, "Do you think she's home right now?  Asleep maybe?"

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:07 pm

"Perhaps. I can't imagine she'd be off elsewhere on her own birthday, judging by the past few years." another voice responds.

This seems to wake her up a bit more. "Mnph... Mom? Daddy?" she gently nudges Gimle to try and escape her hug.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:11 pm

The nudging stirs Gimle, who responds with a big yawn and stretch, releasing her grip on Aery. "Hmmmm... is someone here? I thought I heard talking..." It's clear Gimle is still somewhat groggy as she stretches again, just in time for a knock at the bedroom door. "Aery? Are you taking a nap in there?"

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:14 pm

"Um... Yes, Mom! Er, let me just get dressed..." She responds, nearly tumbling out of bed.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:21 pm

"I'm here too~!" Gimle shouts cheerfully, giving her eyes a final rub and starting to get her clothes back on.  "We have a lot to talk about as it turns out!"  Gimle gives Aeris a wink at that proclamation as clothing flies through the air between them.
"Alright, we'll be in the living room when you two are ready!" And the sounds of footsteps walking down the hall can be heard, with nary a mention as to the implications of Gimle and Aeris sharing a room and a nap.

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:25 pm

"Gigi, do you think they'd be...? N-Never mind, it's silly to think they wouldn't..." Aeris says nervously as she slips on a simple white dress and begins to straighten her hair.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:29 pm

"You heard your mother. Here we are, you said you needed to get dressed, we're in the same room, and she didn't even break stride. I'll bet they actually planned for something like this." Gimle just has the clothes she arrived in and quickly situates herself, making a mental ote to have her things delivered here as soon as she can.

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 pm

"Heh... Did you track them down and ask them for their blessings before coming over here or something?"
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 26
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:41 pm

"NO! ...Maybe. Shut up! You're too smart! It was just your mom though, and we found each other on accident out east of Friezant. I told her what I was searching for, she joked that they were for you, I blushed, and she saw right through me. We talked, she pretty much told me she had a good feeling this was going to happen, said she'd see me here on your birthday, and we parted ways. That was maybe two or three weeks ago? Around then, and I was still hunting for the flowers." All of those words took Gimle less than ten seconds to say as her excitement and speed grew now that she could let THAT cat out of the bag.

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:43 pm

"Whoa, sweetie, calm down! ... Heehee, I guess I can give you pet names without making things awkward now, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   

Back to top Go down
 
The Watering Can
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Flower Fields :: Eribank-
Jump to: