Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Watering Can

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: The Watering Can   Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:15 am

First topic message reminder :

A quaint little building on the edge of Eribank leading to its beautiful meadows, this shop specializes in floral arrangements and various natural perfumes and fragrances, all made by the store's owner, a young girl in her early to mid-20's. Despite the rather unassuming nature of this shop, people have been known to travel from far on Drachurst's east side to sample her wares. The store itself is adorned simply with various arrangements of flowers and other plants, all clearly well taken care of. Right behind the store is a greenhouse, which appears to also be mantained solely by the owner. Opening the door by the counter will lead you to a staircase, and upstairs is the living quarters of the proprietress, though not many have actually seen it. Rumor has it there's a basement as well, but there isn't any immediately obvious entrance...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 25
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:50 pm

"Of course! Though you'll always be Aery, you're just MY Aery now. So let's go! Time to see your parents, I'm sure they've been dying to see you!" Gimle smiles wide and hooks Aeris's arm, gently tugging her toward the door.

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 8:58 pm

"So have I!" Aeris giggles, happy to follow her beloved. She comes down to find her father Haku in his usual black-and-white armor, his helmet on the table allowing his long hair to flow freely, sitting next to his wife with a small smile on his face. He had a wrapped gift in one hand and a large case in the other. "... Happy birthday, my little flower. And congratulations."
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 25
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 9:00 pm

"Happy birthday my daughter!" echoed the upbeat voice of Aeris's mother, Reimu, who smiled at them before standing up and quickly dashing over to hug them both. "And congratulations to the both of you! I'm glad everything worked out, Gimle. I know you two will do great together."

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 9:06 pm

"Thank you so much, Mom! And you too, Daddy! Mmm~" Aeris responds with a tight hug and an affectionate nuzzle at her mother.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 25
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 9:11 pm

"Thank you very much, Reimu!" Gimle cheerfully says, hugging her and her Aery tightly. Then she shares a glance and a grin with Reimu. "Your advice on how to woo your daughter was instrumental."
"I knew it would be," Reimu slyly replies, giving her daughter a peck on the cheek for good measure. "But you're the one who went trekking all over creation to track down blisswisps. That on its own speaks volumes. Haku! Why aren't you here hugging your daughters? Hurry up now, chop chop!"

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 9:15 pm

"Right, forgive me." He says with the same smile on his face, gently putting the boxes aside and joining in the hug from the side.

"Heh, you know me so well, mother. Including how to woo me, apparently." Aery pecks her mother on the cheek, followed by her father. Her three favorite people in the whole world, in a single hug.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 25
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 9:22 pm

"Now this is a family hug I can certainly get used to," Reimu remarks with a smile as she squeezes tighter, half-nuzzling into her husband's chest. Gimle, for her part, couldn't help but silently agree as they all shared the moment. Then Reimu quickly stepped back a bit, clapping her hands together. "But! It's also a birthday celebration, and we're bearing gifts! Come over here, Aery, and see what we've brought!"

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 9:24 pm

"Aw, mom, you know you didn't have to..."

"And you know we spoil you silly regardless." Haku responds teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 25
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 9:27 pm

"Expect even more of that now that I'm part of the family."
"As it should be."

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 9:35 pm

"Eheh... You all make me feel like a princess."

"You're our princess, anyway. This is for you." Haku hands her his gift.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
avatar

Posts : 1822
Join date : 2013-11-28
Age : 25
Location : Hope's Peak Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 10:16 pm

"Ooh, open it open it! Birthday gifts are the best."

_________________
// Robin Gavin // Flandre Lamar // Patchouli Knowledge //
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sun May 22, 2016 10:53 pm

And open it she does, to reveal a small box, inside of which was...

"Oh my gosh, Daddy! This is beautiful!" It was a simple, yet elegantly designed necklace, which seemed to be rather old, but nevertheless still seemed good as new. It seemed to have a floral pattern.

"Your great-grandmother was an avid fan of flowers too, so you know. She passed that necklace down to my mother, and now I'm passing it down to you. I would have given it to you sooner, but I'd left it at home... I sent out for it not long ago."

"A gift from my great-grandmother...? Thank you, Daddy! I promise to cherish it!" she responds happily, with a big hug and another kiss on the cheek.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:59 pm

And... There's something else, too." He turns his attention to the larger package he was carrying with him. She opens it to reveal...

Spoiler:
 

"A sword? Well, it's beautiful, Daddy, but I don't..."

"I know. I don't expect you to learn how to use it, sweetie. I simply want you to have it for safekeeping. It's... A very special blade that used to belong to a friend of mine. And it's risky for me to continue carrying it. It's... A long story that I probably shouldn't share by now. You won't be in any danger, don't worry."

"Safekeeping? Ok, Daddy, that I can do. I promise, I'll keep it safe."

"Heh. That's my girl." He returns her earlier kiss on her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:46 pm

A thump comes on the shop door. Thump, thump.

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Aeris heads towards the door, looking to see who's knocking while the shop was open.
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Outside the door stands the woman from the day before, her hands occupied by a covered vaguely rectangular object.

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:29 pm

"Oh! Do you need help with that?"
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:21 am

"No, I've got it." she assures the owner as she makes her way inside. She glances around for somewhere to put it down.

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:56 pm

Aeris helps direct her to an empty spot by the counter to set it down for now.
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:32 am

She sits it down there. Then she carefully removes the fabric to reveal the painting underneath.

Representation, her ears are pointed in the actual painting.:
 

As the covering comes off, the faint scent of flowers seems to come from the painting.

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:21 am

"O-Oh my..." Aeris is taken aback by just how wonderful the painting looked. It was even better than she'd imagined, and from a near stranger, no less...
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:20 am

"I think it turned out well. Although now I've gotten myself..." A yawn interrupts her mid sentence. "Pardon me. As I was trying to say, I'm curious if other scents can be applied to paint now. I suppose I'll just have to try different things."

She stifles another yawn.

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:45 pm

"Er... Are you alright? You seem very tired..."
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:52 pm

"I haven't slept, but otherwise I'm fine."

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:30 pm

"That doesn't sound very fine to me..." She sounds a little concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Watering Can   

Back to top Go down
 
The Watering Can
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Flower Fields :: Eribank-
Jump to: