Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ally and Yorick's Cottage

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

Ally and Yorick's Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 5:24 am

A cozy place, with loaded bookshelves lining most of the walls. What walls aren't covered up with bookshelves or a few assorted wall coverings, are a warm offwhite color, giving the whole place a feeling of relaxed comfort. While one story, the ceilings are a bit high, with exposed rafters of a well-polished wood, as well as the entrance to a balcony which is a favored take-off and landing point. There's no stairs up to this balcony though, so if Yorick wants to get up there Ally has to carry her.

The kitchen is well-outfitted, including a walk in refridgerator for storing copious amounts of ingredients for whatever Yorick and Ally might want to cook, or just snack on.

The couple has lived in this place since they were the ripe old age of 25, and have never stopped accumulating books, knickknacks, pictures, or really anything else. The place is full to the brim, but there's always space to move, and always a way to get to anything in any room without having to move much stuff. An orderly mess.

Their bedroom has hardly changed in all of these years, as well. While they have changed mattresses a few times, they are still sleeping on the same bedframe that they first slept together on, Yorick still has the same pistol hidden under her side of the matress in case of intruders, and the music box that Yorick made and proposed to Ally with is still sitting on Ally's bedside table.

Outside, separated by a somewhat-well-kept lawn, is the side building holding Yorick's workshop. While she does a lot of her goldsmith projects in the house, since it's much cozier, she decided that she didn't want the heat of the forges inside the house, and set up this building. This is where she assembles her guns, as well, and for those she teaches her trades, this is usually where they will meet her. A firing range has also been dug out beneath it to keep the sound down. The length is extensive, and being underground it doesn't have wind throwing off those long shots. She refuses to let any defective weapons leave her workshop.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:27 am

Someone appears to be knocking at the door. Several times in a sort of rhythm, in fact. Almost like some sort of trademark door knock...
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:37 am

A slight crashing/stumbling sound can be heard from inside. After a few minutes of relative silence, the door swings open, a headless body standing there, and doing its best to make a shushing motion without having a head. She points over at the couch, to the comical sight of a snoring Alouette, upside down on the couch with her wings splayed out in every direction, a book on her face and Yorick's head tucked snuggly under arm.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 am

The red-headed man at the door does his best not to crack up, a rather difficult thing to do given the odd, yet familiar sight. He motions with his arms if he can come in or come back later.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:45 am

Yorick can't even see the door because Ally's arm is in the way, but she already knows where he's standing so she just grabs his arm and drags him inside before shutting it again.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:54 am

"Have a good sleep, sis?" the man says with a grin, deciding to surprise her.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:04 am

"Mmmmphfmmphm." Yorick is still tucked tightly under her wife's arm, as she sits down in the chair next to the couch that she was sleeping in, since Ally's wings knocked her off the couch.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:14 am

"Oh, I was just in the area and figured I'd drop by. I take it things are going well with you and Yorick?" he smiles back and moves in closer to hug his sister.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 am

Yorick gives him a smile that comes out as kind of sideways due to her glasses being so crooked that they might as well be vertical on her face. "Well duh, we don't even have a word for 'not going well' in our vocabulary. I mean.... Other than the ones about Ally trying to bake cookies." She giggles a bit.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:31 am

"Pretty good. I mean, certainly not as amazingly perfect as you are, but..." he teases with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:36 am

Yorick makes a grand gesture with her arms. "Well of course not! It's pretty hard to be as perfect as my Ally, even for her blood relatives!"
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:49 am

"Maybe I will someday. The right girl hasn't come along yet, is all." he replies calmly, though his sister could easily detect his flustered tone.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:55 am

Yorick gets up again and gives her brother-in-law a big hug. "Don't worry Corny, I'm sure one of these days someone's just going to fall out of the sky and say 'You're the perfect man.'" She pauses for a moment, thinking. "Actually I guess you'd be the one more likely to fall out of the sky but you probably shouldn't make that a habit."
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 6:12 am

"Heh, maybe. Who knows, I might even bring someone next time I visit." he teases again before looking around the house. "So how're the little scamps doing? They grow much since last time I was here?"
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 6:18 am

"They're as big as the house now! HUUUUUUUUGE! Romy rolls off the bed and the whole house shakes! It's amazing the wonders a month worth of delicious foods will do." It's hard to gauge whether or not Yorick's face or body was showing more exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 6:23 am

"Hope you don't mind I stick around long enough to see them then." He scratches the back of his head... And only now does the bandage convering part of his left arm become apparent.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast
Rideps1

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 6:24 am

Yorick unceremoniously pokes it. "You weren't practicing falling out of the sky, were you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ally and Yorick's Cottage   Ally and Yorick's Cottage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ally and Yorick's Cottage
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Cut locations (formerly Midgardsormr)-
Jump to: