Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:04 pm

This is more than a scholars' guild. It's a collaboration of several scholars dedicated to two things:

1. Preserving arcane or archaic texts that have aged, translating them, and maintaining their quality.
2. Protecting arcane or archaic texts that can be dangerous, whether or not the text itself is magical.

Their specialty is preserving knowledge, both magical and not, of ages long past. Now, this isn't Tomes as a weapon class. This isn't a guild for magic scholars, necessarily. It's a highly secretive organization for those who have an interest in archaic knowledge.

One of the main purposes of this group is that they share magical information with each other. They aren't really a group with any short-term goals. They only have the long term goal of protecting ancient texts.

I can already think of some characters (other than mine) who would be likely to belong to this group.

PostSubject: Re: Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:09 pm

#2 might put Malphas and January against them unless they were to trust them enough to handle the things in their own collections, but otherwise they'd probably be with them.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:10 pm

All the theys and thems is confusing in your statement, but I think I understand.

Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:12 pm

I'd imagine the Inquisition might have a few bones to pick with them unless they collaborate, and depending on whether or not they pick up particularly 'dangerous' tomes, ARK might be at odds with them, too. That said, I wouldn't mind this being a thing. There are such things as multiple groups with similar agendas, after all.

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:16 pm

-looks at characters-

-thinks-

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:27 pm

I imagine they'd be very open to collaboration with other groups. They're not secretive for the good of them, they're secretive for the good of the outside world. It's not an active group, it's a passive group, and they don't just walk around and confiscate dangerous texts.

PostSubject: Re: Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation   

Back to top Go down

Group Topic: The Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Pre-Start Discussion Archive-
Jump to: