Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Innocent Estate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Innocent Estate   Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:16 pm

There are lots of old statues, a small lake above the dungeons, and lots of silver. The chairs aren't all particularly comfortable, but they're certainly elegant.

The family seems like it got all its wealth a long time ago, and hasn't spent it on improving the estates much - if at all. Visitors are rather rare here, especially compared to the lavish parties thrown frequently by houses nearby. There are plenty servants, but they seem aged and worn too.

Libero

PostSubject: Re: Innocent Estate   Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Tod falls backward onto the cushions of the couch, looking completely exhausted from four consecutive hours of entertainment.

The guests, all a rather charming crowd, all things considered - he couldn't blame them, they weren't given the chance to pity him, or even learn there was something amiss - had all moved on home.

Lord Innocent returns to the room, carrying a cup of tea for Tod. "You look completely used up," he comments. "Are you okay?"

Tod gives him a sharp look - not hostile, just sharp - and Innocent leans back a bit.

"I can give compensation. How does 8000G sound?"

That's a lot of money. But Tod masks any surprise quite well. He takes a moment to consider the price. "That sounds reasonable," he finally decides.

Innocent is quite taken aback by this response. "Most people would be willing to pay less than a tenth of that."

Tod looks him firmly in the eye. "There are a few factors in the price. My services are exclusive. And you didn't give me a chance to decline, which puts you in a precarious spot. Now that the debt is paid, you and I are on equal footing. Now that the debt is paid, you don't want me as your enemy. I'm surprised you didn't think of this earlier."

Innocent blinks. "No... I hadn't considered the balance of power shifting after payment of the debt. I'm sorry. I hope I didn't offend."

Tod stares him down for several more seconds. "13000G," he finally says.

Innocent winces at the price, but accepts without argument. He hands over the money regretfully, and is relieved to see Tod accept it without another harsh word.

As Tod goes to leave, he turns around and mentions casually, "By the way, you owe me."

"W-what? Was all that gold not enough?" Innocent asks frantically.

"I don't want to run you into poverty. The next time I visit, I will not be the one doing the entertaining. Good night, my lord. Sleep well."

Irvin Tsanan Innocent would certainly not sleep well that night.

Libero

PostSubject: Re: Innocent Estate   Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Gazing arrogantly over his razed garden, Lord Innocent sighs. When WILL that blasted company send me my monetary compensation?

Suddenly a servant arrives with a letter. Taking it almost greedily, Innocent scours the page. His mood is spoiled.

Irvin Innocent:

Your membership in the Adherents of Archaic Scholarship and Sustentation has been terminated due to a formal complaint. You are to have the following titles returned, along with the borrowed funds in reparations:

-Death and the Antic Mind
-Flames of Perdition
-Perceiving the Unseen
-The Color of Trust
-On the Human Mind, Its Various Shortcomings, and How to Exploit Them
-A Brief History of Crime
-Murder
-Financial Capability For Dummies
-How to Please Your Guests
-Necromancy in the Modern World
-Contemporary Knowledge of Neuroplacticity

Have these books delivered by someone. You are not to step foot into the Archives again.

Regards,

Nesth Eirich

Lord Innocent crumples up the paper and tosses it out the open window. Ordering his servant flogged for the bad news, he had no clue that the paper would be used against him in trial one day.

PostSubject: Re: Innocent Estate   

Back to top Go down

Innocent Estate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Berkshire-
Jump to: