Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Manor Dungeon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Manor Dungeon   Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cobwebs and broken glass, along with crates of ridiculously expensive wine. Chandeliers lie on their sides on the cold, uncarpeted ground. There is a knife through one of the antique paintings on the wall by the door. Other than that, the room is completely dark.

The rest of the manor outside the dungeon is... quite small, for a manor. This means, of course, that it doesn't get its massive gardens and landscaping. It's in the less desirable real-estate area, meaning it has to abide the neighboring buildings in the crowded city. There might be another establishment upstairs, but who can tell from inside?

There are probably several buildings of the like in Berkshire, none with any true distinctive characteristics.

_________________
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Valentine heads to the last place on her list, and perhaps the place she'll be able to help her friends; Croix Manor.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:04 pm

Calling it a manor is probably a little extreme, as far as housing goes in this city. Still, the place's name is indicative of the spirit of its inhabitants: they refuse to surrender their dignity, to the point that the pretense seems a little embarrassing.

Valentine is greeted at the front of the house by a woman who introduces herself as Eisele Croix. "I'm sorry, but Lord Rexley doesn't want visitors today. He's in mourning."

Before Eisele can say anything else, a taller woman walks out of the house, looking... determined. Yet she turns to see Eisele and Valentine, and her path diverts. "What's this? Do you have business regarding Noel? News, perhaps?" The woman looks hopeful, as if she'd been praying for a report all day - perhaps that there was some mistake, that he was not really dead - or any other good news, which was certainly hard to come by in her situation.

_________________
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:38 pm

"I'm afraid I don't carry the sort of news you might be hoping for. I'm here in regards to two of my friends who were... Present during the incident." Valentine replies, not forgetting her manners and greeting with her body language once more.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 pm

"Friends?" She looks puzzled for a moment, then her eyes narrow. "What about them?"

_________________
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 pm

"I've reason to believe their involvement in this incident was purely accidental, and they haven't committed any wrongdoing."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:26 pm

"...Fine. All evidence points in the same direction. They're not from here, so why would they be involved except by accident, anyways? "

_________________
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:30 pm

"So does this mean they're free to go?" Valentine asks, having surmised this woman was involved in their kidnapping.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:38 pm

"Even if the money was taken accidentally, it would be nice to have it returned," Nalima says flatly.

"Bu I can't release them on my own. I released their chains, and hid their weapons in the room with them, but they would have to fight their way out among a horde of experienced knaves if I hadn't locked them in there. For safety. Up until now I hadn't decided whose."

Nalima tosses her hair, and with that one movement she seems to radiate an air of danger which almost counteracts her general stress.

_________________
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:51 pm

"How much is it?"
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:26 pm

"I don't know how much Noel had with him, and of that I don't know how much was given to the two girls. I'm told our debt is of 132,000 G. I wouldn't put it past them to include an extra fee in that to cover losses and inconveniences of Noel's death."

_________________
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:56 pm

"Oh, is that all?" Valentine replies, although one could tell she didn't mean it in a bragging sort of way. "I can cover that easily!"
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Nalima's eyebrows raise sharply in uncontrolled surprise.

"Well. That would surely put an end to our troubles. It's my brother who talks finances, though. Eisele, Rexley will make an exception for miss... Excuse me, what was your name?"

_________________
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
avatar

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Anywhere I need to be

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:02 pm

"Valentine Gatsby. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." She says with a smile, her surname leaving no doubt she can cover the debt. "Money is no object to make sure my new friends are fine."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Nalima nods sweetly. "The pleasure is mine, miss Gatsby. Eisele, please escort miss Gatsby in to see Rexley. I have to go free the girls."

And with that she climbs on her dragon and flies off, with haste, to the south.


At around this time, how are Leticia and Ina faring? Let's find out...


Leticia had all calmed down, and had already begun searching the room for anything that might be useful. Suddenly, under one of the crates, she finds a bag stuffed with very helpful items.

Namely... their weapons.

It must be sheer coincidence that at the moment Leticia points this out to Ina, while they look at the bag, a low, metallic whine can be heard through the stones. The room shakes, ever so slightly. The makeshift torch Leticia made earlier starts flickering.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:44 pm

"This is certainly a suspicious turn of luck," Ina comments. "And... Uh... What's that noise?"

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:51 pm

"It sounds like a door being opened."

Leticia quickly tests her flamethrower on a nearby barrel, which all but erupts in flames, flooding the room with light and warmth. Fortunately, it doesn't start to leak over the ground... yet.

Leticia doesn't seem alarmed in the slightest. "Do you think I could burn down the door with this?"

_________________
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:56 pm

"Probably."

Ina fixes her quiver back on her hip and picks up her bow.

But be careful, there's probably more than just the lady who was in here before in the building."

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:18 pm

"Alright. Be ready, this will be dangerous."

She lets out a burst of flame at the door and it catches fire. It doesn't disintegrate, it just catches fire. You know, like realistic setting-fire-to-things does. Yelling can be heard in the hall. Leticia urges Ina to hide from view of the door. The doorknob rattles from the other side, and then a screech of pain is heard.

Now there's a hole burnt in the door. It's really small - about the size of a fist - but perhaps an arrow can be fired through, into the foreheads of those running toward the fire, instead of evacuating like they should.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:24 pm

Ina removes her glasses and aims an arrow for the hole in the door. She draws the bow back fully and releases.

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 pm

Cue more screaming outside the door. "THEY'VE GOT A WEAPON!" can be clearly heard. Minutes later, an axe starts chopping the door down.

Leticia blasts another stream of flame through the door, delaying the assailants. Fear is painted starkly upon her face - these are real people, trying to kill her, and she has to fight for her life. It's a wonder she's holding herself together so well.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:37 pm

Ina sends arrows hailing down on the people. Her face is expressionless. But inside she's screaming.

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:52 pm

The burning barrel topples and rolls out, toward the door, sending a trail of flame backwards and forwards. It collides with the group of people in the doorway, knocking them far back. Leticia, looking somewhere between ill and petrified with terror, grabs Ina by the arm and leads her out the door, swiftly, down a hall.

To safety. For the time being.

After a few more corners, the corridors being filled with an ominous silence and darkness, Leticia ends up at a dangerous scene in a central room, with embers now visible. There must be twenty men and women in all, guarding the door. The axe lady from earlier is talking to the man in command, who has moved some heavy stone objects to block the fire-filled passage.

"We'll need... We need an... To find another exit..." Leticia trembles out in a deathly voice.

But then, suddenly, the axe lady looks up and sees them. Leticia freezes, certain that they're done for.

One of the men yells something and that's it. The jig is up.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:01 am

Ina would fire arrows. But instead she's frozen in fear.

But that only lasts a moment. "Leticia, if we're going, we're taking as many as we can with us."

She nocks another arrow.

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero


Posts : 10640
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 18
Location : The moon.

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:15 am

Suddenly, the axe lady's axe takes several victims in one sweep. Victims who were not expecting the assault. "Head for the roof!" she yells at Ina and Leticia. "It's the third left from the right!" She takes over the combat, and Leticia remains stricken in place for only a moment before running to follow the axe lady's directions.

...By turning left instead of right.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
avatar

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2013-07-15
Age : 20
Location : Probably reading a book

PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:18 am

Ina grabs her by the collar and literally drags her in the correct direction, exclaiming, "This way!"

_________________
"Don’t do what you can’t undo, until you’ve considered what you can’t do once you’ve done it.”

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Manor Dungeon   

Back to top Go down
 
Manor Dungeon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Important Events and Noncanon-
Jump to: