Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lunar Cathedral

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Lunar Cathedral   Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

This cathedral worships a heart-shaped deity who is reportedly fixed on the moon. They painstakingly perform religious rituals at certain phases of the moon. They focus on using the light of the moon to banish the undead and to heal the injured and sick. The stained glass windows record great wars of power and terror, but today they are a benevolent group.

AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:51 pm

"Can you stand?"

Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:22 am

"Think so."

She does, and is only a little wobbly.

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:44 am

"G-great! Okay, now let's get out of this city as soon as possible!"

She turns to Nalima, who is reading a magazine by the wall. "Ms Nalima, could you pack our things and bring them to the harbor? It might take us a while to walk there. Oh, and could you tell Ms Valentine that Ina's awake? Oooh, maybe she could meet us at the harbor!"

Nalima smiles. "Of course, dear. Don't strain yourself. And you have the whistle, right? If you get lost or hurt, just blow it. Dwight will hear."

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:46 am

"Thank you, miss Croix."

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:03 am

"Don't mention it, dear~"

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:08 am

Ina looks around to see if there's anything to take from here. Seeing nothing, she heads for the door. This place is creepy.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:17 am

Leticia and Ina are out the door not long after Nalima leaves. The nun supervising them looks up with a smirk, but offers no words of farewell.

Libero

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Mon May 09, 2016 7:21 pm

"Get back in here, Ariadne!" the old woman snaps. This type of show is not commonplace in the otherwise quiet area surrounding the Lunar Cathedral. However, the young woman being lectured is intimidating enough that nobody dares comment.

The young woman in question, Ariadne Diat, points a gun at the old woman and stares her defiantly in the eyes. "I ain't going anywhere near that magic circle to be cleansed of my influence. I'm more powerful now."

The old woman stretches out her hands, summoning a ball of fire and launching it at Ariadne. "Girl, you will do as I say!" The gun is knocked from her hands by an unseen force, and Ariadne is dragged toward the cathedral. "Today you will swear the Oath and follow in our footsteps!" Two more old ladies appear, watching intently.

Ariadne struggles against the unseen force drawing her closer. "If you think I wasn't prepared for this to happen, you're an idiot! I knew you'd start this if I ever came back home!"

"Then why return, if you were not prepared to offer your service?" the old woman hisses, teeth bared.

"Cause I wanted to LEAVE A F***ING MARK THIS TIME!" the girl screams, reaching into her shirt and pulling out a pendant of some kind. In a swift movement she hurls it to the ground, and it shatters. The ground starts to rumble.

The old ladies exchange a panicked look and join hands. The force pulling Ariadne into the cathedral stops, and their magic goes into creating an enormous forcefield around the cathedral. Unfortunately for them, the dragon Ariadne summoned comes up from the ground INSIDE the cathedral, smashing past the wards with raw brute draconic strength.

"EARTHQUAKE!" Ariadne commands, and a sudden devastation occurs within the cathedral. Ironically, the forcefield keeps the chaos limited to the area the crones were trying to protect; the cathedral is leveled, but the city outside remains, for the most part, intact.

The sisters drop the barrier and rush to their beloved stained glass window, split into a million pieces. In a scream, the color fades from all the shards at once, and a humanoid figure materializes amidst the broken glass.

Ariadne is long gone, her Garchomp leading her escape. She had done it. Now that they were gone from her life, she could finish the rest of her business. But she planned on coming back and killing them, soon.

Libero

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Mon May 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Irvin's loan has been approved. However, he now has an enormous debt to repay. Anxious over how he'll manage without selling himself on the dark market, he happens to walk by the ruin of the Lunar Cathedral. There's a building there now, where a fortune teller lives.

Spoiler:

As he walks past, a seductive female voice calls out to him. "You need money, do you? Fret not, handsome, I've got a delicious bounty of wealth in store for you."

Something in the voice enchants him, enthralls him, in ways he is ashamed to admit. Irvin comes to the entrance, and the woman stops him at the door, holding a piece of paper. She clutches the front of his shirt with clawed fingers. "I just need your signature. Here," she growls, thrusting the pen at him. Tears fill Irvin's eyes as he realizes he has been trapped again.

It's all the fault of that damned scholar boy...

Hours later, Irvin looks at the contract he has signed. All his money and possessions belong to Marjoritam Diat, as well as all his employment, all his time, oh, and not to mention his soul. He is not to speak an unfavorable word about her or act in any way that would harm her or her image.

In exchange, his debt is taken care of.

He weeps.

Libero

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   Mon May 09, 2016 8:06 pm

It's a few weeks into Irvin's servitude when he goes inside the house while Marjoritam is away. He hears a faint thrashing noise, and decides to check it out.

He finds a small, childish-looking imp creature sitting inside a glass jar, surrounded by dozens of shards of glass. His heart is filled with pity. Surely Marjoritam won't mind if he helps this poor child out? (He was not that naive, but he knew a great deal about oaths that limited intent. You have to split your mind into believing two things at once - believe that letting the child free would anger Marjoritam, and hope for that; simultaneously believe that letting the child free would please her, thus allowing him to perform that action.) So he focused on how happy she might be once the child was freed, and held fast to that mindset.

Once the child was freed, however, she-- no, he-- it? thanked him, and promptly leveled the house with demonic powers. It was everything Irvin had dared hope for.

When Marjoritam arrived from her errands in town, she had him whipped nearly to death. Any blow against her was a victory, in his book. The demon child he had freed had promised him immortality so long as he obeyed its command: so long as he didn't speak of its existence to ANYBODY, he would not die.

He briefly wondered if it would ever consider coming back and freeing him, as he had freed it.

...Bah, who was he kidding? Stupid creature probably couldn't even understand what was going on.

So he bows and scrapes and obeys without hesitation what Marjoritam tells him, knowing that one day he will get his freedom, and he will be immortal, and he will live like a god.

((OOC: Majora lied to him. That's Majora's great talent: bluffing and pretending to have better powers. So he is mortal.))

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Cathedral   

Back to top Go down

Lunar Cathedral
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Berkshire-
Jump to: