Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tod and Yoren, on their way to Kevranstown, begin the journey with silence. It was not precisely a silence of discomfort, and it was not precisely discomforting; yet the silence was evocative of suppressed words, and this lent the journey some awkwardness of its own. Neither of the pair exactly wanted to speak -- nor did they need to speak, having nothing to say and not much in the way of companionship at all. Or, at least, that's what the silence between them would suggest. Each occupied himself for a while with some other manner of activity, until the thoughts borne of the silence grew too heavy upon the minds of one of them...

AuthorMessage
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:55 pm

He takes it. Takes a bite.

His eyes widen slightly, and his already pale face grows even paler. He spits the chunk of roll to the side.

"Hmmm. Don't eat anymore of those. In fact, avoid eating anything at all."

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:16 am

"Whaa? Is it... poison?!!"

Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:20 am

"From what I can tell. I'm, honestly, no expert on poisons. Study them in my spare time, occasionally dose myself with light ones to increase tolerance. Helps the boredom. This seems to be fairly light, slow acting."

"Too much? Too little... Geh... Elene said everyone here, but..."

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:27 am

"We have to warn everyone! Alert the healers!" Lady Pia looks noticeably distressed.

Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:36 am

"Hey now, calm down. The more excited you get, the faster your heart pumps, the quicker it spreads and the quicker you start feeling it. You need to sit down, maybe get somekinda antidote... C'mon, at least sit down. You'll regret it if you don't. I'll see if I've got anything that'll help here in my coat, then I'll go round up some of the healers, alright?"

Of course, he has no such intentions of getting healers... Maybe. He's starting to doubt the validity of such wholesale slaughter.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 9:04 am

Lady Pia sits down. She fishes in her purse for something, which she pours into her lemonade and drinks.

She quickly regains composure. "If it's poison, then Lord Helmley must have rounded us all here to kill as many as possible." She grabs a communication device out of her purse and starts to call the authorities and Healers.

"Oh course, we can't save everyone," she comments as she waits for the call to be picked up. "That would be a wasted opportunity."

Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 9:47 am

"Of course. What was that you drank just now?"

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 10:10 am

"Extra sugar."

Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 10:23 am

"...Right."

He reaches into a pocket on the inside of his coat and pulls out a vial of blue-looking liquid.

"Drink this, it'll nulify the poison."

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 10:54 am

"Is this a trick? Are you just trying to finish me off? ...Well, whatever. If I have to risk death due to poison anyway, I'd rather trust you than not."

She pours the blue liquid in her lemonade and hurriedly drinks it down. Then she picks up the communication device and reports a possible poisoning at the luncheon.

"They'll be here soon, don't worry." She has no clue she has just jeopardized his mission.
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:03 am

"Not a trick." He assures her. He has a similar vial in hand, and drinks the antidote straight down. "Bitter stuff, though."

"I'll need a good trick to pull this off now, though. Should I even bother? Ahhhh."

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:32 am

She coughs a few times, then goes to refill her lemonade.

The thought of Elene telling Yoren how disappointed she is in his failure enters his mind.
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:43 am

He shakes his head slowly. I shouldn't have given her an antidote. This whole thing's a wash now. Feh.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:55 am

At this moment the screams begin. Choked, gasping screams as the poisoned guests start to drop like flies.
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:11 pm

The look of horror on Yoren's face isn't an act. Elene had said the poison was a slow, yet painless one. Obviously not.

He stares, transfixed, at the scene of death.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Apparently Elene wasn't above lying to her apprentice. That she would be so brutal, though... well, it was quite the spectacle.

At least with this all he had an alibi. The sole survivor would always be suspect. Now, as the authorities arrived, Pia leapt sobbing into the arms of the chief - an old, worn-looking man who was undoubtedly her father.

The Healers tried to save a few, but failed. The authorities searched the house and found the host of the luncheon dead. Yoren would remember how the people demanded the cook's execution, misplacing the blame. Families torn apart, chaos embodying everything... this was the nature of Elene's art.

However, what Yoren would remember most was Elene's reaction to hearing his report.
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:36 pm

A few hours after the luncheon, Yoren sits in Elene's study, just after finishing his rundown of the events. He did his best to gloss over the fact that he'd given Pia a vial of antidote for the poison.

"I suppose it could be called a success..."

He's still a tad shaky.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:49 pm

"Then they are all dead?" Elene examines her fingernails, clearly unconcerned.
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:54 pm

"As far as I could tell."

Will she catch his lie?

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:01 pm

She looks up sharply and holds his gaze with hers, piercing. "Don't play ignorant. Her name was all over the papers. As well as your heroic rescue of her." Is that a hint of jealousy in her voice?
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:04 pm

"And who would that be?" He matches jealousy with uncaring sarcasm.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:06 pm

"Oh, never you mind. I'll take care of it. One way or another, they are all dead. The mission is a success."
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Well this isn't going well at all. Perhaps I ought to warn Pia...

"..."

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:20 pm

"I might need to remind you that you are mine."
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:25 pm

"Hm. No reminder necessary. But, as they say, all things are transient."

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane   A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Carriage Trip Down Memory Lane
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Important Events and Noncanon :: Flashbacks-
Jump to: