Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Yiks' Noncanon

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Yikkin

Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Yiks' Noncanon   Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, what if he'd at least accepted Elene's offer of vampirism?

What if he enjoyed killing for the sake of killing and had even less fucks to give?

---screenwipe transition---

"You're honestly doing this? Again? Seriously?"

Firing squads.

Yoren hated firing squads. Just because he'd gotten a wee bit carried away in his snacking on the townsfolk didn't give these arseholes the right to continually try to shoot him to death. But they did. Never worked, they were too dumb to figure out how to make silver bullets, but it hurt well enough.

Clickclickclickclickclickclickclick

Seven rifles were simultaneously cocked.

Seven guards aimed at the man thirty yards away.

Seven rifiles fired in a single, deafening shot.

Yoren Halscreft walked away, licking a bit of stuff off of his lips. People like those were much too tough to be pleasant to feed off of.

The guards were dead. A few of the other prisoners were dead.

The attractive woman at the front desk was unconsious and slung over his shoulder.  Might as well take a bit of dinner to go, eh?

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."

Last edited by Yikkin on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: Yiks' Noncanon   Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 4:11 pm

Yoren stares down at the costumed folk dancing. Lilith and Ina insisted that there be a costume ball. Halloween or not, Yoren still thought it was frivolous. He could be working right now. Things didn't translate themselves. He hadn't even cared enough to wear a costume. Suppose that being a vampire was a good "costume" anyway. He simply pulled back his lips a bit more than normal to expose his fangs as he smiled at the men and ladies and exchanged useless pleasantries. He had made one change, to the color of his eyes. Instead of their normal blue, they were a vibrant crimson. It fits the aesthetic, at least. The wine in his glass was actually 3/4ths blood, but nobody seemed to pay that much mind. Teia and Ina had both asked him if he'd like to dance, and both offers he declined. As the host, he was expected to at least oversee the celebration itself. He sighs quietly and drains his glass of "wine". Crowds were never his preferred way. At least Christmas shouldn't have so many people, though knowing Lilith she'd arrange it somehow.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: Yiks' Noncanon   Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Teia shifts quietly as she looks over the desk between her and... She didn't even know anymore. Was her employment to Yoren still valid now that he was dead? Or, undead as it were. Death hadn't changed the man much. Same onyx-black hair that he seemed to never need to comb, same quietly guarded expression as he steepled his fingers. Same butterflies that she couldn't seem to quash. Nervous? She'd entertained a stupid fantasy for a time after meeting Yoren, but had discarded that at his pointed disinterest. Mostly. She finally met his eyes. His eyes had changed. They used to be an earthy color, and now they were a bright blue. Both of his arms were uncharacteristically bare. The left one was crossed up and down with hundreds of scars. Had he gotten those before he died, or after? Why did she care? It was obviously none of her concern.

So many questions, so much she didn't know about the man she'd worked for for half a decade. The one she had been infatuated with for part of that time. She swallows her nerves. Might as well breach the subject, right? The worst that could happen is Yoren demanding she leave for prying at his secrecy. But she didn't want to believe that was the sort of person Yoren was, under it all. She takes a deep breath.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: Yiks' Noncanon   Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 pm

"You're holding it wrong," Adrasteia says for what seems like the hundredth time, though surely it's not been that many? I've lost count. Last count was actually 28, but that was hours ago. Almost a decade of holding a broadsword has made it so that the light rapier I'm trying to use now is too light for me. It doesn't feel balanced right at all. As shameful as it is for me to admit it, the girl woman is kicking my ass at this particular style of fighting. All of my training tended toward swift, if not always clean or fair, dispatching of anything I had to fight. The light, thin bladed weapon doesn't have the force to kill as I normally would. It's all bloody-damned finesse, quick jabs and stabs. I could kill with this weapon... Rather easily actually. But this is a sparring match, and I don't want to kill Teia. Call it fondness. Call it love. I don't know what the hell it is and I certainly don't see her in that light. More a sister than anything, I suppose. That's all I've gotten out of the mess of emotions so far.

Whatever it is, it's the reason I picked up this bloody excuse for a sword. She wanted to teach me something for once. It's almost cute.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: Yiks' Noncanon   Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 12:15 am

Yoren sits behind his desk, books strewn here and there like usual, which he seems to have no problem keeping straight. A quiet winter's day in his study with a cup of coffee was just what he felt he needed. Unfortunately, the quiet dies a sudden death with a rapping, tapping, tapping at the chamber door. He puts his coffee aside and clears his throat. "Yes?"

As if this were an invitation to enter, three people came into his not-quite-big-enough-for-four-people office. Normally interruptions were irksome, to the point of being downright irritating to the wizard-scholar, but as he sees who has come calling Yoren just gets up and hugs two of the three young women. His sister and younger daughter are always a welcome sight, in his mind. And the third of the three was Adrasteia Ladrian, secretary for the estate. "What brings you three 'round?" Yoren queries as he resumes his seat.

"We went shopping! It's almost Christmas and Auntie Ina suggested that I should look a bit more festive!" She does look... Different. Gone is the usual white, to be replaced with an odd mix of green, red, and silver colors mixed into a new dress. For her part, Ina has acquired a red dress trimmed in white. The style is...something to do with a gift-bearer, Yoren recalls. Teia looks just the same as normal. "Nothing for Teia, eh?"

"I didn't see anything that particularly caught my attention." she says, "buuut, we did find a little something for you. Evie and Ina thought it might... Spruce you up a bit, I guess." Ina, who seems to be holding the remainder of the shopping that isn't on her or her niece's person, produces a small shopping bag and sits it on Yoren's desk. He reaches into the bag... And pulls out the most outlandish looking hat he's ever seen.

Something must've shown on his face, because Evie's mouth curves down in a small frown. "What's wrong, Daddy? Don't you like it?"

[To be continued]

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: Yiks' Noncanon   Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 11:06 am

Part I

"Wow, calling me a whore based entirely on the way I'm dressed. That's original." the woman who speaks is wearing a short skirt and crop top, but what the seven humans should be paying attention to is the pair of handguns leveled away from her. "Listen, since you guys don't seem to have a shred of self preservation between you, here's what we're gonna do. You're gonna take the irons off of her and get the fuck out of the Land of Fae. Or I am gonna put a bullet through those vapid things you call brains." The one who must be the leader sneers. "We were given strict orders by the Queen Regent. You are to be arrested for failing to heed her Summons."  "That's what this bullshit is about? Mother's ego?!" That's all anything is ever about... She throws a fit when the smallest thing doesn't fit her narrative. And her subjects are the ones who pay the price for "displeasing" her.

Leah LeFay, daughter of the Queen Regent of the Winter Fae, rolls her eyes. "...Fine, but you're out of your mind if you think I am going before her in irons. That's reserved for criminals, not fucking freaks." Poor things, Morgana must've put a compulsion on them. Leah seemed to have an odd resistance to them, but maybe it was just stubbornness. But first... Seven shots rang out almost in union. Seven men dropped to the forest floor with holes in their heads. Leah tucks her guns away and goes to the small Fae child still struggling, whimpering against the irons that burned at her wrists. Leah didn't see a catch on them. Magically sealed, then. Probably by Morgana.

"C'mon cuz, I can't get these off. We need to take you to the palace to get them removed."

The girl nods weakly and Leah picks her up, summoning her wings and taking flight for the first visit to her mother's seat of power in three years.

Part II

The castle hadn't changed a bit. Leah strides inside, past protesting guards and confused serving folk, her cousin cradled in her arms. The throne room hadn't changed either, nor had Morgana. Her mother was still clad in clingy silks that showed off her form. Leah did not know if it was magically altered or not, but that's another thing she'd skipped out on inheriting.

"I'm here. Remove the manacles from Kayla." Morgana looks down from her seat and favors Leah with a smile. A viper's smile, to be sure, but a smile that any man, and many women, would do nearly anything to see. "Daughter," Morgana's melodious voice rings, magically amplified, from the throne. "It is a pity, but I cannot. You've decided to ignore my summons, so I shall ignore your demands. However, now that you're here.." Morgana snaps her fingers, and two guards seize Leah by the arms. "It's time to see if three years makes a difference. Take her to the usual chamber, and administer the exam."

The guards bow and walk off with Leah held between them. The tests started and ended the way they always did, with Leah cursing and the guards amused at her failure. The stakes were higher now, as they had been subsequently higher each time she'd submitted herself to this useless charade. The guards allow her to walk back.

Morgana gives her daughter a disinterested look over. "I still fail to see how blood as noble as mine has resulted in... this." she comments to no one in particular. "Not only a magical failure but also so visually plain. Very well then. You've come demanding that your cousin be unshackled, so you and you alone shall be the one to break the seal. Our other forms of motivation have failed, so we shall see if this gets results, no?"

Kayla's eyes met Leah's, and the younger gives a smile who's meaning is clear. No blame will be on Leah's head if...

When, she fails.

Part III

As she predicted, Leah can't get the damned manacles off. She tries for hours, tries for something. And fails. And fails. And fails. Just as she'd "failed" to live up to Morgana's standards since her creation.

"Giving up already? Pity, pity." Morgana's voice hits Leah's raw nerves like a mallet. She pulls one of her pistols from its holster and fires twice into Kayla's brain. A quick death. Better than being stuck in those spiked manacles would give her. Right? Better than the torture, or worse, Morgana would do to her for "failing" to break Leah's magic free. As if you could break something free that didn't exist. The next place Leah turns her gun... Is to her mother. A shot rings out.

A dying man lies on the steps of the dais. One of the guards... Must've moved too fast to see. Morgana smiles. And finally rises from her throne. lue]"Poor darling..." she coos. "These little toys are too much for you. My patience is exhausted. I demanded you be created, to give me an heir. And you are such a disappointment... I demanded those little toys be made for you, and you raise them against me. I think it is time."

She takes the gun from Leah faster than she can rewact, snatching the gun from her other holster as well and flinging them away. "Court of Winter, hear my decree as your Queen! Leah LeFay, once my daughter, is to be stripped of all title and ties to the Winter Court. If she remains by the next dawn, treat her as one of the human intruders she so tolerates. If she loves them so, she may live among the urchin mortals. "

She turns towards Leah. "Begone." One simple word. One simple dismissal made Leah a wanted woman. She turns and walks out, head held high. Morgana thinks this will make her come crawling back? She's got another thing coming.

She goes to the juncture between the Fae and Mortal worlds, and crosses over. Fittingly enough, one forest becomes another. Leah sets off to find something... Somewhere... To call her own.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: Yiks' Noncanon   Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 5:55 pm

"Welcome to the afterlife, Mister Halscreft..."

A voice floats into Yoren's mind as he wakes up. It's...oddly pleasant. He blinks awake to see a man in a white and black robe sitting on a chair. "I'm afraid you shan't be going to heaven, but there's a person waiting for you where you ARE going." the bald man smiles. It pisses Yoren off. He springs to his feet, and before the man(?) can move much, brings a stout jab directly into the center of his face. The man is thrown back several feet. "Quite a way to treat a god. I suppose it's a good thing you were hardly around mortals, I'd hate to see what you do to them." the man says as he picks himself up.

"God? Hahaha. Funny. Who are you, where am I, and when are you going to stop playing the fool?" "I am... The gatekeeper between life and death. You have died your true death, now. Welcome to The Waiting Room." "Waiting...Room?"

"Yes. That's what this is, after all. Just a stop on the journey between the mortal coil and... Wherever souls go. I'm afraid your afterlife isn't going to be terribly pleasant... But so it goes. You should feel a bit of a tugging... Try not to resist. Maybe you'll meet someone you haven't seen in a long while, hm? I'm sure it will be...interesting enough. Goodbye, Mister Halscreft. And next time... May I suggest not... "Shooting the messenger", as it were?"

Yoren barely has time to register this... As something does indeed tug. He resists, obviously. But what is one to do against the inevitable?

" He lasted a remarkably long time against the pull of Fate..." the man remarks as he sits back down on his chair and waits for the next "guest" on his list.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yiks' Noncanon   Yiks' Noncanon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yiks' Noncanon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Important Events and Noncanon :: Non-Canon :: What If?-
Jump to: