Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Labyrinthia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Zerdark
Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Labyrinthia   Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

The exterior of this place is unimpressive. It appears as a simple cave with two entrances closed off by stone doors, though they lead to the same place. There's a plaque in between, but the ancient text is too faded to read. The interior however remains a mystery as it's ever changing.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:28 am

She nods. "Yes, I'd much like to leave this place. Should we return to Livren first, and plan our next move?"

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:32 am

"Sounds good to me. And since you know where that is and I don't, you get the title of leader of our merry troupe. How lucky! Now, intrepid leader, let's go to Livren!"

Quis Sum
Quis Sum

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:25 am

"Alright, this way, then." Freya says, setting into a stroll in the general direction of Livren, motioning quite pointlessly for Shannon to follow.
What an interesting day... What, or who will happen next..?

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Fri May 06, 2016 11:03 pm

A hooded man walks up to the faded tablet between the stone doors indicating the entrance. He lifts up his hood and a blue spirit flies out. "Well, can't read that. The handwritin's terrible." "It's not the handwriting that's the problem Wheatley. It's just incredibly old. "Incredible!" "Yes...quite. The writing's just faded beyond restoration. But we're not here for the tablet. "Um, question. Why are we here, exactly?" "This isn't official business, but I've been receiving more and more reports about this place. Not only does it have me curious, but I wonder if this entire area is a potential security risk..." "What do you mean?" "Well anything could be down there. Shades, some sort of mad cult...worst case scenario someone could throw someone important down there and they may never find their way out. In the absolute worst case scenario, Camille might be tempted to explore this place. Could you imagine how disastrous it would be if a Silver Knight and adopted daughter of the King met their end in this place? I can't have that kind of thing on my watch." "Well what are we going to do about it?" "I'm going to do what a person in my profession does best. Acquire information and rig the odds better in our favor." "So we're going inside?" "Are you mad?! Of course not! I'm going to explore the perimeter and see if...Wheatley? Wheatley!" A blue glow grows fainter and fainter as Zerdark peers into the entrance. "Damn it Wheatley...!" Zerdark rushes in after him.
-----
"This is the story of a spirit named Wheat-oh, and Zerdark too. That was fast. I may have to revise the introduction...oh dear, could you hold on for a moment? I may have to improvise a bit here..." "I'm sorry, ahem...what?" "Wheatley! What are you doing?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" "Well I thought I'd just, you know, scout ahead for you?" "Do you not realize where we are?!" "Ah yes, I've got it! I'll just make a slight alteration to the dialogue here..." "Dialogue?"

The environment gradually changes to that of a laboratory's conference room. Zerdark's attire changes to that of a black lab coat, a General's hat, and some sort of sophisticated red eyepiece over his right eye. Wheatley remains the same but flies over to Zerdark who's standing in front of a whiteboard depicting a complicated plan.

"So Spy, what do you want to do tonight?" "The same thing we do every night, Wheatley. Try to take over the world!" Music begins to play. "They're Wheatley and The Spy! Yes Wheatley and The Spy! One is a genius, and both are insane! They're a couple of rogue agents! With minds rather vacant! They're sneaky. They're Wheatley and The Spy! Before each night is done, their plan will be unfurled! By the dawning of the sun, they'll take over the world! They're Wheatley and The Spy! Yes Wheatley and The Spy! Their twilight campaign, is easy to explain! To prove their worth, they'll overthrow the earth! They're sneaky. They're Wheatley and the Spy-" "HOLD IT." "Wha- really? I was in the middle of the intro! Do you have zero consideration for others?!" "What the hell was that?!" "I dunno, I thought it was pretty catchy. Ba dum dum dum, da dum, dum, dum dum, doo, doo, doo, doo- "That's not the point! What are we doing, voice?" "Well I was just about the get to the actual story before you so rudely interrupted. But since I was literally on the last syllable of the intro song, I suppose we can skip ahead to the introductory scene." "Why do I feel like I'm being taken along for a ride here..."

TO BE CONTINUED.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Sun May 08, 2016 12:00 am

"Today we join our heroic duo as they once again discuss their plans for world domination! Zerdark has one hell of a plan this time, and he calls his minions into the room to discuss said plan." "...I have minions? I am okay with this." "As his spies pour into the room, he draws their attention to the plan depicting-" "Excuse me!" "...Yes?" "I've been going over these plans you've drawn up for me, and they're just awful." "What do you mean awful?" "I mean, look at it! 'Kill the king and disguise yourself in his stead'? Do you have any idea how much room for failure that leaves? If your ruse isn't absolutely perfect and you're found out, then you're suddenly in the middle of enemy territory with a death sentence looming over your head! If one were to make this plan work- do you have a marker for the whiteboard?  "Um....sure? Knock yourself out." "Thank you. Now as I'll demonstrate here, the only way to make such a plan work would require years of systematically rigging the odds in your favor. Replace some lower grunts with your own people, have a few of the higher people assassinated leaving room for promotion of your spies. Have a few key officials assassinated and replaced as more and more of the army becomes under your command. Then after potentially decades of masterfully maneuvering all the chess pieces into place, you make your move on the King. That way when you're in charge, you don't have to rely on a disguise. Key military and government officials are already on your side, as would be a good chunk of the military already. The rest would fall in line or die, leaving room for the new regime. And this sort of strategy would only work provided the nation in question doesn't have their own form of counter espionage. Though if it was perpetrated by their own spies, the plan becomes that much more plausible. Assuming of course their Spymaster is on board." "Well...you've certainly put a lot of thought into this." "When your profession is national security, you account for every possibility. Now if you want your story to be realistic, we're doing things my way." "Well I've never had the chance to consult with an expert on national security before, so...lead on. I must admit, I'm actually quite curious to see where you can take this story..."

"Thank you. Now what sort of equipment are we dealing with here? How are my spies equipped?" "Well each has a variety of weapons on their perso-" "I'm gonna just stop you there. Too many weapons will weigh a spy down and compromise their effectiveness. At most a spy should have one main melee weapon, one main ranged weapon, and a few easily concealable weapons hidden in their suit as backups. Something like a silenced 9mm pistol would be effective for your average spy, assuming he can be trusted to hit something vital. Next would be your butterfly knife, which every spy should have extensive practice with. Next, a knife hidden up your sleeve for quick and easy throat slits. Finally, a higher caliber handgun taped to your leg and concealed by your suit. A revolver would be a fine example. Simple and effective at close to mid range." "Hm...alright, I'll just make a few changes here and there..." "While you're at it, get rid of the uniforms. The more spies wearing the same thing, the more easily traced they are back to an employer or allies. They can all wear suits, but give them different colors and designs. And under no circumstances should they have an identifying symbol or insignia. And calling cards? For amateurs." "Hmph, maybe you should just write the story at this rate. Take all the fun out of my spy story..." "Well I'm sorry, but not all your spy stories are accurate. Next you're going to tell me you were going to give me a knife gun." "Well..." "Low caliber, low range, and inaccurate. You're not going to be sniping anyone from across the room with your knife gun." "Alright alright, I get it! You can write out all the details of your regime on that whiteboard and I'll revise the story to fit. Alright? I'll continue to write the overall story, but you can customize your arsenal and allies as you see fit. The choices are yours." "I knew you'd see it my way. Now then, if I can bring your attention to this..."

SEVERAL HOURS LATER...

"And that is how I would take over the world as you've described it. Any questions?" Wheatley is in the corner, having fell asleep several hours ago. "That's...brilliant! But if you know all this...why haven't you done this yourself in the real world?" "Why would I want to rule the world!? I have enough responsibility managing the national security of a single nation. And I'm damn good at my job. I'm not going to mess with a good system. Besides, the King's earned my loyalty. Spies may have a reputation for being backstabbers, but I'm not so keen on betrayal. Oh, and I may have left out a couple of key details just in case. So don't try anything. Now have you made your alterations to the story?" "Almost, almost, don't rush it...alright, I think I've got it! With your help, this has the potential to be one of the greatest tales I've ever written! Now shall we start from the beginning?" "Please. Oh, give me a sec...Wheatley, wake up!" "AUGH! Bird, bird, bird! Oh...oh, no birds..." "Were you having the bird dream again?" "They're just so menacing! Those cold, unfeeling eyes...pure evil mate! It's just pure, evil. You fly past a nest and crash all their eggs onto the ground once, on accident mind you, and the mother's suddenly after you forever! Pecking at you, and screeching at you, it's bloody madness! How can something that small hold such a grudge?" "To be fair, you kind of killed its babies." "Accidentally! Mind." "And you fried it when it touched you in the wrong spot." "I panicked!" "Well it wasn't bad at least." "Ahem, can we please get the hell along with the story now?" "Oh! Sorry sorry, sorry. My bad! Absolutely my fault, continue! Off we go!" "Yeah, let's get this moving. I still have things to do after this."

TO BE CONTINUED.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 9:49 pm

SEVERAL HOURS LATER...

"Life as Supreme Commander of The World was everything he could have hoped for. He had money, respect, and every luxury the world could ever afford him. It was quite a long road, but our duo has come a long way." "Can I keep this hat? I really like this hat." "Well you ruined the outro, but sure. You can keep the hat. Now if you wouldn't mind, I need a favor. ...Zerdark? ...Ah. It seems he has elected to stab Captain Needa three times in the heart. How bold." "Apology accepted, Captain." "I think he's gotten a little too immersed in his role..." "Inform the Captain's immediate subordinate that he's been promoted. Then have someone redo this throne room. I'm thinking a nice little statue of Wheatley in the corner would do nicely." "Ooh, can I get it in aquamarine?! Oh, and one in sapphire!" "You too?" "Whatever you want Wheatley." "HELLO!" "Wha- oh. Now I remember..." "Could his royal Highness Supreme Emperor Gavin join us back down here in Adonia for a moment please?" "Well excuse me for enjoying the role. Since it's over, would you mind letting me get back to my actual job now?" "Actually, before you go back, would you mind doing me a quick favor?" "What sort of favor?" "Well there's anther story I've been working on for a long time now. So long I've lost count. I just can't quite get it to finish- the main character absolutely refuses to do literally anything! How am I supposed to finish a story where the main character just...sits there?!" "What do you expect me to do? Kill them? I mean I probably could, but these sorts of arrangements are expensive and I'm not sure if you can afford it-" "NO! I don't need more death in the story! Could you imagine the main character dying senselessly in the middle of the story? That story would make no sense." "Well then what do you want me to do about it? I'm an assassin, not a writer." "Maybe you could just have a word with her? She might be more receptive to another human. She's made it quite clear she has no interest whatsoever in listening to me, but she might listen to you. ...Please?" "Well if you insist, I could try...but then I want to go home." "Perfect, let me boot it up."

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 9:58 pm

A woman is falling from the ceiling to the floor.

Repeatedly.

The floor under her seems to be a portal to the ceiling above, and she just cycles through. Infinitely.

There are two high-tech doors in front of her, one of them open. The woman - Ciel - refuses to go through it, content to fall. Without ceasing. Oh, no, wait, she's asleep. On the floor near her rests an array of cubes, one of which is adorned with little hearts. A glowing sign with the number 17 on it is on the wall near her.

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Zerdark and Wheatley enter the story through a red and blue portal respectively. "Oh, it's worse than I thought..." Zerdark just stares at the infinite loop in front of him. "...Okay well we're not thinking about this one too deeply. Wheatley, can you give her a quick shock to wake her up? A light shock?" "Ooh! Negative reinforcement. I like the way you think!" "On it, sir!" Wheatley floats to the portal and attempts to touch Ciel, failing a few times as she's falling quite fast. Eventually however he does manage to give her the shock.

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:07 pm

She wakes up, jumps back, and lands on her feet behind the portal, reaching alertness INCREDIBLY quickly. She puts herself in a defensive stance, orange and blue crystals on her gauntlets lighting up warily.

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:10 pm

"Waugh, easy, easy there luv! Easy! You can put the arms down! Okay well, don't actually put your arms down on the floor, you kinda need those, but don't attack!" Zerdark meanwhile crosses his arms and watches the scene unfold with a stoic expression. "(This could get amusing or dangerous...)"

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:19 pm

She doesn't move. At least she isn't attacking?

She doesn't say anything, though.

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:26 pm

"Well this is going nowhere fast. Maybe we should start with introductions?" Zerdark is still in his attire from the old story. He's currently wearing a hat and robes that would signify a person of high rank. "I'm Supreme Comman- oh wait, I'm not in the story anymore...these clothes will be fun explaining to everyone on the outside. Anyway I'm Tactician Zerdark. And this is my familiar, Wheatley." "Hey! How's it goin?" "We're here to help you. ...I think."

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:27 pm

Ciel relaxes, eventually, and nods. She holds her hands out in front of her hesitantly, and then mimes not being able to speak.

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:31 pm

"Ah, so you can't speak. Unfortunate...I have several questions about that, but those answers will have to wait. For now we should prioritize getting out of here. Agreed?"

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 pm

She stands tensely, then finally nods. She watches him warily, then turns and starts looking at Wheatley curiously.

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Wheatley crackles with electricity, but otherwise appears harmless as he bobs up and down. Despite being an electrified metal ball, he seems highly expressive. "It's alright, I won't harm ya. Well, unless I'm told to, then I kind of have to, but it doesn't look like we're going down that road! So, go team!"

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Ciel smiles and nods, then looks back at Zerdark.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 11:12 pm

"Alright then. Now if we're all on the same page, Narrator! What is this story even supposed to be?" "Ah, this is the story of a woman named Ciel. She is a test subject in a futuristic facility, and must overcome these tests in order to gain freedom! For the sake of speeding things up I'll just leave all the doors open at the end of each puzzle. I've seen her solve all the puzzles at least fifty times over by now. I just need you all in the final chamber so I can trigger the ending sequence." "Seems simple enough. Let's move on, shall we?" "Right behind you!"

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 11:23 pm

Ciel leads them to the ending room shortly, with some impressive portal work on her part.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Mon May 09, 2016 11:29 pm

"Alright, what's the game here?" "Ah, this is the good part. You stand on the platform, and are lowered to your deaths in the flames below." "...And you wonder why she'd rather fall in an infinite loop back at the start." "It's not even real fire! It's just an effect!" Zerdark looks at the "flames" for a minute before taking out a poker card and throwing it at one of the "flames", which gets pinned to the wall by the sharp edge of the metal playing card. "Huh. So it is."

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Tue May 10, 2016 8:36 am

Ciel looks dumbstruck at the card for a few minutes before shrugging and standing on the platform.

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Tue May 10, 2016 12:27 pm

"Cool special effects!" "Can I get my card back? It's a collector's item." The card and the 'flame' it pinned earlier falls through a portal in the wall next to him. "Thank you." He retrieves the card and stands on the platform. "Alright now, ah..." He mumbles and hums a bit as it sounds like he's getting farther away before the sound of papers rustling can be heard. "Script should be here somewhere...no, that's the Freya Parable...okay, yes! I've got it now. 'As Ciel was lowered to her death, she contemplated the meaning of her existence and the fragile nature of the human species. She realized that in the grand scheme of things, her death was of no great loss. And so she let herself get consumed by the raging fires below for the betterment of science...but then something very peculiar happened. Or perhaps it'd be more appropriate to say, something didn't happen? She felt no pain. No burning. In fact, she passed harmlessly through the fire. As she was lowered onto the floor below, she noticed a great big door opening in front of her. Was it over...?"

Yes! She had won! Unshackled herself from this place! Freedom was mere moments away. And yet as the immense door slowly opened, Ciel reflected on just how many puzzles remain unsolved. What was this strange facility? Where were all the workers? Was this false incineration chamber some sort of twisted final test crafted by her unseen overseers? What other secrets did this mysterious building hold? But as the first bit of natural sunlight she had seen in years streamed through the chamber, she realized that none of this mattered to her. Perhaps her goal was not to understand, but to let go. No longer would anyone tell her where to go, what to do, or how to feel. Whatever life she lives, it will be hers. It was, perhaps...the only thing worth knowing. Ciel stepped through the open door.'"

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Tue May 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Ciel follows along with the voice.
Back to top Go down
Zerdark

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Tue May 10, 2016 5:08 pm

A blinding light envelopes the trio before fading, leaving them all outside the dungeon. Once Zerdark's eyes adjust, he speaks. "Well...that was quite the adventure." He reaches up to his head and realizes he's still wearing his dictator's outfit. "I became Supreme Commander of the world in what seemed like years and gave it all up in what was apparently just an afternoon...part of me is going to miss that place." "Does this mean I'm no longer Co-Emperor of the world? But I never got my statues!" "Neither did I, Wheatley...but we can mourn the loss of our empire later. There's still the matter of our new friend there." Zerdark gestures to Ciel. "Oh, right. Almost forgot you there. You uh...you don't talk much, do you? Makes it kinda difficult to notice you. Not the best thing in a social situation. Unless of course standing out isn't what you're going for. In which case, well done. Point to you. Stealth." "So miss...Ciel was it? Just how long do you think you were down there anyway?"

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   Tue May 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Ciel shrugs, and hold up three fingers.

PostSubject: Re: Labyrinthia   

Back to top Go down

Labyrinthia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Blanched Tundra :: Kristallbois Forest-
Jump to: