Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Kevranstown Marketplace

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum
Laonoone

Kevranstown Marketplace Empty
PostSubject: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Probably small.

What do you think of the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what.
All of the stars in all of the skies are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:20 pm

He certainly looked like easy prey. A scruffy middle-aged man asleep in a hammock, all of wares just laid out before him, he was ripe for the picking.
Yuffie was crouched far enough to practically be bent double, and a cloaking technique would make sure anybody who glanced in her direction, behind the man's booth, would pass it off as a trick of the eye. It would be a perfect setup to anyone else, but for Yuffie Kisaragi, the Ultimate Ninja, it was child's play.
A jar of sweets was her target, with two jars full of tips as her side objectives. If she had brought few more bags, she might have been able to make off with more than a few jars. But she didn't, and that was that. This would be plenty.
She came close enough the sleeping man that he could reach out and grab her anytime, close enough the hear his slow breathing. But she was quiet, and he didn't awaken. She reached for the first jar, full of brightly-colored pops and wrapped toffees, sparkling like jewels.
And then found herself struggling to breathe as some kind of vice clamped around her neck, pulling her tightly against the man. Her careful balance lost, she scrabbled frantically, trying to regain her footing.
The man's voice drifted from his mouth, still infused with the sound of sleep. "Mmgh... You wan... Map...zzz..."
His head rolled for a moment, as he fought with the curtain of consciousness, though his arm remained tight. Soon, though, he snapped to, and glares down at his prisoner as if he had always known she was there.
"What are you thinking, thief?" He asked dangerously, his stare scorching. Yuffie tried to reply, no doubt with some biting remark, but she couldn't get the air to frame a reply. The man held his grip long enough for her to turn quite red, then finally relaxed it. The would-be thief sucked in air, and blew it back out with a loud, "Getchyer pervy hands off me, y'old coot!"

A whistling sound was heard, and a solid stick cracked down on top of her head, eliciting a loud yelp and renewed struggle from the girl. "Coot! I'm only 58, brat!"

"58, ain't it past your bedtime, gramps?!"

The sticks came down again. "I'll sleep whenever I damn please! And I'll school any hardheaded brat that thinks they can nick my wares." He struck again for good measure.

"Cut it out, you're gonna break your cane!" She shouted, even while clutching her head in pain.

"First of all, hiking stick!" Crack. "Second of all, my name ain't gramps, brat, it's Neon! Get it in your head and don't forget it!"

"Then quit callin' me brat, and quit knockin' me around!"

"I'll call you whatever I want, brat! You're the criminal here!"

"Criminal! I'm a ninja, the great Kisaragi Yuffie, and you'll be sorry you ever met me!"

"Bluff and bluster all you want, brat, and turn that name back how it should be! We're in Drachurst, not that godawful place you call a nation."

"Shut the fuck up!" She shouted with real anger, slamming a knee into him from behind and slipping from the hole his recoil creates. She snatched the jar from the counter and put several feet between them, before turning back and facing him defiantly.
"Remember me and my name, gramps! Next time you hear it, it'll be talking about the powerful leader of the greatest country in the world! Just you watch me, Yuffie Kisaragi, the greatest ninja there is!"
She hurled something to the ground, and a huge cloud of smoke suddenly exploded into existence, announced only by a bright flash of light. Neon flinched instinctively, and when he recovered, the young ninja is gone.
He spat at the ground, reclaiming his comfortable recline, and glared at his counter with only some disgust. Then he laughed, a short bitter kind of laugh.
He knew that girl. He had caught her once already, and she had escaped with candy in tow, like this time.
Whatever. She had a long time ahead of her. Either she'd sort herself out, she'd see her dream realized, or she'd see the wrong end of a steel bar door.
But what did it matter to him, he asked himself, drifting off to sleep again. Kids were just a hassle, and she hadn't taken his marbles anyways.

Back to top Go down
Laonoone
Quis Sum
Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 pm

"Such a strange town, isn't it?" Ignis asks his bearer, looking around the marketplace with some detached sort of interest. "It's been so few years, and yet it's practically brand-new."

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:23 pm

Zoomy looks at the old, falling-apart wood of the houses and compares it to the newly sanded wooden benches in the marketplace. "They must see a lot of ruination."

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:25 pm

"Ruination, or new creation. I say it depends on your outlook. Well, in the end, what matters to me is if they still brew as good a cup as always."

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:28 pm

"Shall we find out?" Zoomy gestures to a roofed patio where the cups in question are being sold to the shivering, grateful passersby.

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:33 pm

"Of course we shall." Ignis strides up to the stand coolly.

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:37 pm

"Hello and welcome to Starsbuck. May I take your order?" asks the shy-looking fellow behind the stand.

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:40 pm

"Yes, just one cup of your finest coffee, please." Ignis says, probably accidentally projecting an air of distaste. At least, a shy person might see it as such.

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:46 pm

"I'd like a double sugar venti skim extra-shot extra-hot no-foam caramel macchiato upside down," Zoomy adds on.

The guy behind the stand swallows nervously between Ignis' seeming to be too good for Starsbuck and Zoomy's overly complex order. "I-I'll queue that right up."

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:48 pm

"Thank you, sir, both for the order and my... Difficult companion." He gives Zoomy a sort of reproachful glare.

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Zoomy winks. "You should try it. It tastes great."

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 pm

"I'd rather be able to taste my drink, thank you."

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:56 pm

"Okay okay, just have one sip and tell me if it's tasty."

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:58 pm

"Some other time, I think."

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Sigh.

The drinks arrive shortly after.

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Ignis looks at his drink for a moment.
"...Very well, I suppose I'll try one sip."

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:04 pm

"Yesss!"

It's not as diluted or oversugared as the long order would imply. It's actually not that bad.

Zoomy looks at Ignis expectantly.

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:07 pm

"...It is better than I expected, but it's still not true coffee. But, it isn't completely awful."

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Zoomy grins widely, knowing well how big a compliment that is coming from Ignis.

The employee wilts in the background upon hearing such a review, however.

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:10 pm

Ignis glances at him. "Don't take such criticism so harshly from the one who didn't order this. The black coffee is as marvelous as I remember, have no doubt."

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:16 pm

Having drained his own coffee, Zoomy turns to the employee. "It was actually fantastic, just so you know." Then he looks over at Ignis. "I don't actually remember what black coffee tastes like... Can I have a sip?"

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:27 pm

"You may." He hands the cup over.

Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Sip. "Ah, you're right, it's just as I remember it. It tastes... nice..." he comments wistfully, starting to get lost in thought.

Quis Sum
Laonoone

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 11:32 pm

He plucks it smoothly away from Zoomy. "Yes, but you have your drink and I have mine."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevranstown Marketplace   Kevranstown Marketplace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kevranstown Marketplace
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Kevranstown-
Jump to: