Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Springtime Breakfast's Remembrance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: A Springtime Breakfast's Remembrance   Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Yoren Halscreft sits at the single table in the kitchen of his shop/house, a solitary cup of coffee steaming in front of him. The light plays across the dark wooden floor as the sun finally crests the horizon, and Yoren yawns a little. The house has an empty, lonely feeling to it when he's the only one awake. His secretary, Teia Ladrian, wouldn't be coming downstairs for at least a couple more hours. Even then, she wouldn't be doing much until at least midday.

He reflects idly on everything as he sips his coffee. How he's quite surprised that the young, pretty woman is still here, how what the two of them have is different than what Yoren had at a similar age. Or at least he hopes it's different. He tries his best to make it clear that Teia has zero obligation to stick around, and hasn't made any advances toward her, despite the fact that she'd gotten a little touchy on more than one occasion. I sound like an old man... She's not that much younger than I am...

His mind traces back to the stormy night that the two met, on a darkened street with a cooling corpse between them...

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Springtime Breakfast's Remembrance   Thu May 05, 2016 10:30 pm

Yoren sits casually on a rooftop, watching a bar across the street. His target, a man who apparently ran a human trafficking business, was within that pub. And now he was exiting that pub. Yoren slides down and casts a spell of silence, then follows him, the cloudy night sky providing a nice shadowy setting.

He follows the man for a time, eventually being lead to an empty street.

---

Teia hears a scream. She starts slightly and glances around. What on earth is that...? She glances down the alleyway and sees a shadowy man stepping back from a man dressed in blue. The...thing... Speaks, "Ah. Another one bites the dust." Teia steps into the alley to try and see what's going on... Only to find the man dressed in blue laying on the ground.

She hears the voice again, "I'd suggest you step back from the dead one, miss."

She whips her head around, and sees the shadowy man from earlier. "What...?"

The man looks her over, almost apprasingly, a couple times. She's wearing a knee length skirt and a blouse because of the warm spring climate, but under the gaze of the man, she feels an unnatural chill. Usually, such gazes were just looking at... Certain areas, but this weird guy just takes her in from head to foot in the most disinterested manner. His eyes are dark and without any particular emotion.

"Tell me, why are you still here?", again, the voice snaps Teia out of her own thoughts.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Springtime Breakfast's Remembrance   Mon May 23, 2016 9:26 pm

"I was taking a walk."

"A walk eh? Bad time to be out and about, girl. Places change, after the sun sets. I'll bet you're unarmed as well."

"I'm not." She draws a pair of knives from the belt on her waist and spins them into the air before catching them by the hilts in either hand. "Cute little trick."

"I'm good enough to get by. I'm not stupid. I just do it because I'm bored, anyway." "So you run around a dark city, in a skirt at night, because you're bored? I disagree on your intelligence. That's pretty damn stupid. Let me take a guess, you're a well-off girl who got bored and decided to disobey her family for the thrill of it?"

"How...?" "The way you're dressed, the fabric of your clothes, and your bored comment. Simple deduction. Now, if you're so bored, and so keen on doing something that might get you into human trafficking or worse, let's have a chat. I hear the restaurant down the street has wonderful seafood."

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Springtime Breakfast's Remembrance   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:49 am

"You... Want me to come work for you... As a secretary? Is... That code for some kind of sex thing?"

Yoren sighs. "No. No it isn't. I just need someone who has a better hand at accounting than I do, and isn't that what your family does?"

"Yes, but..."

"I've an errand to run to Lochmere, now. I'll be back in Monteport in about a week. Think it over."

"All....right."

Teia's conflicted. On the one hand, this guy is creepy. But he also seems pretty sincere. He certainly hasn't leered at her more... Noticeable assets, which is new. Even the wealthy young men her parents supported her seeing snuck a glance every now and then. "I guess I should think this over carefully. They certainly won't approve, so I'll have to be quiet if I do leave.,

The man in black pays for the meals, both of them, and bows to her.

"Goodbye."

Teia looks over where his voice comes from, but the door of the restaurant has already closed. She purses her lips, deciding to head home for now.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Springtime Breakfast's Remembrance   Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:45 am

A week later, Teia meets the the man at the same inn. She's packed light, clothes, a book or two, her knives tucked here and there, and a fancy-looking sword riding on her hip.

"I take it from the fact that you're packed that you've made your choice?" "Y...eah. There's more opportunities out there then there are around here. If you don't mind, I'll be going with you." "Had I minded, I wouldn't have made the offer, kid." He grins at her, and Teia feels an odd fluttering in her stomach. "What's your name, by the way? I'm Teia. Teia Ladrian." "Yoren Halscreft. The pleasure is mine, Miss Ladrian." Teia makes a face, "Ugh. Call me Teia. That's way too formal."

"As you wish, Teia. Shall we get going?" She nods, and Yoren heads out of the inn with the girl close behind.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Springtime Breakfast's Remembrance   

Back to top Go down

A Springtime Breakfast's Remembrance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Important Events and Noncanon :: Flashbacks-
Jump to: