Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mina's Home and Lab

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Mina's Home and Lab   Sat May 07, 2016 10:22 pm

As seen in bio: While being inside the city, it is a small building, with nothing but her space on the structure. She has a one story living space and a large, two floor basement as well. She has set many samples and other research materials downstairs, making it more or less a lab.

Mina's home is rather small. On the outside, at least. The main floor is fairly basic, though nice looking.  It has large vaulted ceilings to bring the roof up to the height of nearby buildings despite being a single story home.  Apparently the original owner wasn't a fan of heights.  Of course, they should have thought of that before they had skylights installed in every room but the single bedroom, as those need to be cleaned.  That's probably why she got the place so cheap in the long run.

The living quarters themselves are fairly sparsely furnished, Mina not being much for company. Her living room has a couch near the fire and some odd tapestries, and otherwise is fairly barren.  Her bed is an elegant four poster affair, but it's hardly slept in.  The bathrooms are simple and equipped as needed.  The kitchen likely sees the most use, actually having two refrigerators stocked up with a wide assortment of things, and cabinets full to the brim.

Both of the basements actually have a larger footprint than the first floor of the home, as none of the neighbors seemed to care much for their underground space.

The first basement has a cozy armchair, a giant selection of lab equipment of all sizes, and an observation chamber.  The chamber is probably the most secure area in a 5 mile radius, but then again, that's only if the door is locked. It usually is not.  She doesn't need to.

The second basement has a secondary kitchen space, just as loaded as the first. It also has a fair number of "holding pens." They actually look fairly cozy.  At the far end of the room from the stairs, there is a magically password locked door, that leads into an old sewer system. Most of the pathways are collapsed, but it is an easy way to get in and out of the city unnoticed.  Mina uses it frequently.
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Mina's Home and Lab   Wed May 11, 2016 2:25 am

Mina opens unlocks the front door and hurries in from the rain, Annie and May phasing through the wall next to her as she closes the door and bolts it. She sighs and yawns, stretching heavily.

A black dog with horns and a spaded tail pads up and whines, nuzzling against Mina's leg through the muzzle on its face. She pets its head, taking off the muzzle and kneeling down to meet its equally tired looking eyes, shushing it tenderly to stop the whining. "It's OK, it's OK.. We know it was an accident. You weren't used to the shot hurting that much, and it just happened. You don't have to be sad, everything's OK. Just relax and sleep, Sully."

The dog licks her face and looks up at the pair of specters above, apparently having a conversation in Annie and May's usual psychic manner. After a while, the hound finally relaxes and walks over to the fire place in the living room, lighting it and curling up in front of it to finally sleep.

Annie and May nag Mina in the back of her head to go to sleep. "I know, I know, I will soon. I need to at least update my notes first while they're fresher, I got so wrapped up in things that I haven't put down anything but chicken scratch in a month." The two seem to be frustrated at her stubbornness, but they stop nagging nonetheless. They follow her down the stairs, and when she sits down at her desk they continue down to the lower level to check on things.

I can't even read whatever I wrote last week, so I'll summarize everything and fill in further details later. I thought I had perfected one of the formulas. Enough to give full doses instead of just test doses. I really should have just done test doses.

It was the formula for the plant-based creatures. I can't confirm if it was actually fully complete, however. I'll need to find a new subject. I foolishly used it on all of them at once. Jenny had an allergic reaction to one of the components I hadn't checked on her before. I should have, but I didn't. The others were not happy. They were not happy at all. I'm pretty sure they would have killed me if I would have tried to stop them leaving, but I didn't. And there weren't any reports about them after that, so I'm guessing they probably made it back home. I think they'll be content to just live the rest of their lives hating me and ignoring humans as long as they aren't bothered, but I guess I can't be sure. Maybe I should post a warning... Nah. The place is already off limits, it should be fine.

Anyway, since they obviously didn't let me examine the results, I had to make due with the security footage and what I saw. I will just have to hope for no side effects other than what I see, but I can check that when I find another willing subject. Harold and Arnold seemed to have no issues whatsoever, and the same goes for Leena and Hideki. Megan's transformation was not so smooth, however. There were roots covering her face, and they seemed to be coming up from her neck. I couldn't see more through the leaves, though. It still strikes me as odd that remnants of their old skin just sort of... Turns into clothing. I don't really understand how. There's nothing that should be doing that in my mixtures. Maybe this was supposed to happen? I don't know. But I bring that up, because Yvonne was wearing a veil, as well as a large dress, and gloves on her hands. Her voice was strong, but I couldn't see a single inch of her. I'm not sure if she's alright or not, so I'll have to hope.

After some... Mental recovery from that, I administered one of the other formulas that I thought I had completed. This one, I had tested already, and it worked fine on the forearm of subject N (who still refuses to be named, because that is a parent's job and her parents are long gone) and had no noticeable side effects. I administered the full dose, and it seemed to have worked. But there was another unforseen complication, and the test wouldn't have found it on the small scale. Apparently, it has thrown off her sense of temperature. Despite me having it fairly warm, she is perpetually freezing. On the other hand, it has made her less confrontational. I would have almost called her belligerent before, but now she actually seems to have taken a liking to one of the other subjects.

After that, I staaaaaaartttttttttt\.,//..}}[;\./\\\\.//|||/\/ssss~~~~~~~~

Mina's writing hand finally stops scribbling on the desk past the page of her notes about ten minutes after her eyes close and her head falls into the crook of her elbow. The spirits manage to drag her, chair and all, up the stairs and tuck her into bed.
Back to top Go down

Mina's Home and Lab
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Friezant-
Jump to: