Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Cut parts from throne room

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

Cut parts from throne room Empty
PostSubject: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 1:55 am

The king is in the throne room as usual, although he is not seated. Instead, he appears to be staring out the window into the courtyard, lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 1:57 am

"Dad!"

Suddenly, Drachurst's princess bursts unceremoniously into the throne room, looking to be in quite a state. She hurries to his side. "Dad! I've got news! And not good news!"

SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 1:59 am

"Hm? What's happened, Arturia?" He replies as he places his hands on her shoulders, attempting to calm her down.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 am

"The caravan was ambushed! By shades! We lost the..." Suddenly, Arturia stops, looking up at her father a bit sheepishly. "...I didn't really tell you the whole story, did I? About the new girl and the shade mirror?"

SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:05 am

"Er... No, you didn't."
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:09 am

Arturia takes a series of deep breaths, calming herself down enough to speak slowly and deliberately.  "Sorry.  I was meaning to, but I didn't expect something to happen so quickly!  So, the other day a girl named Hitomi..." And Arturia proceeds to sum up the events of their meeting, up to the mirror and its shards.  "...So I sent that shard disguised via convoy to a safehouse, but it never made it there.  The shades found it, took it, and destroyed the caravan!  I lost every man on it, and they were some of my best.  This does not bode well..."

SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:16 am

"I see..." he takes all of her words in, and appears to be pondering. "Well, we certainly can't let them keep that shard... Or any of the others, for that matter. We'll need to figure out where they are... You say this girl is still here in the castle?"
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:35 am

"I thought it would be best to keep someone with knowledge like hers close at hand. And she's nice and didn't seem to have anywhere else to go, so I offered her a room here in the castle. As for the shards, I drew up a map of all the areas that have reported in with increased shade activity, so our searches should probably start there." As she talks, Arturia hands her father a small rolled-up map parchment.

SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:38 am

He opens up the parchment and examines it, seeming to be pondering something.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 am

Arturia weasels her way in between her father's arms, looking down at the map with him. "So what now? How do we prioritize this? And who do we even tell? The last thing we need is scads of random adventurers hunting these shards too."

SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 3:16 am

"Hm... But at the same time, I think even just the Silver Knights would have difficulty tracking them ALL down if a single group of Shades was enough to take down that caravan. And I can't just have them all go off searching for the shards when there are other matters to attend to as well."
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 3:42 am

"So... what? Maybe we could conscript some willing adventurers? Or offer a hefty reward for the shards' delivery? ...I think we should talk with the knights first, before anything. The more brains we can get working on this, the better."

SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 4:10 am

"I suppose that would be best."
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 4:48 am

"Do you want to do it right now? It shouldn't take too long to round up all my rambunctious little siblings. Otherwise, I'll get the word out about a date and time."

SmashBasher123
Storyteller
SmashBasher123

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:01 am

"Right now should be fine."
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 12:03 pm

"Then I'm off! One ragtag group of knight children coming right up! I love you Daddy." A quick kiss on the cheek for her father and Arturia is out the door, off to scour every corner of the kingdom for her siblings and knights.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cut parts from throne room   Cut parts from throne room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cut parts from throne room
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Cut locations (formerly Midgardsormr)-
Jump to: