Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lowtown Docks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Lowtown Docks   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:06 am

fillin

Libero

PostSubject: Re: Lowtown Docks   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:34 am

from http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2992p50-mormont-estate#188645

Tod sits on the docks, nigh unrecognizable. With a sigh, he trails his bare feet in the water, suppressing his urge to shudder in distate. "So far, I've... gained entry into the library, which counts for something. I may have gotten tangled up in such a HORRIBLE web of terrible deeds here, but... I don't have time to run the intrigue or keep the books on what I owe to whom. I've given up quite a bit, and gained... access to knowledge. I'm already somewhat knowledgeable, albeit dishearteningly unpracticed... I can always leave things behind me. Perhaps not debt, and if it accrues interest... well. I suppose I can see someone about renegotiating the terms. After all, I now know that I do have something of value to offer..."

"If that is your course of action, so be it. I will cover for you. All debts of yours will come to our house and be covered."

Tod jumps at the voice, and turns to see Nikolaus there. Assuming a diplomatically defensive stance, he arches an ayebro. "What are your terms? I'm not here to be bought out and strung up to the point of poverty."

"Heh... You don't even know who I am. That's amusing. I mean you no ill will whatsoever. I'm a... friend. Well, I'm a relative of the person whose sister you helped save. You have no debt to me. If anything, I owe you, and this is how I choose to repay it."

Tod stares closely, looking for a resemblance. Finally, he nods. "Thank you."

"That said, it would be polite if you return at some point. Preferably in good health. You don't have to live forever as a vagabond, nor cast off your name and open an inn out in the middle of nowhere."

"I don't think I'm fit for opening an inn..." Tod disagrees.

Nikolaus waves a hand dismissively. "Irrelevant. It was a literary reference. Anyways, best of luck to you in your travels. And, I should repeat, for good measure, that it would be ideal that we meet again." With that said, he vanishes, leaving Tod nonplussed, feet dripping wet.

"I wonder where to go first... maybe to look for answers? I can either head toward the Archives or see if Newton's found anything, out in that school place..."

Lowtown Docks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Berkshire-
Jump to: