Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Valette's Parlor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Valette's Parlor   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:58 am

A restaurant and inn run by an elderly duchess who loves her white persian cat(s) more than anything. She's known to be uptight and close-lipped, but her parlor-maids are good at filing away gossip, and the scullery is stashed with hidden knives and pole-axes, in case situations call for such items.

Libero

PostSubject: Re: Valette's Parlor   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:15 am

Nikolaus walks inside to clear his head and eat a decent steak, still thinking about what Jacques said earlier, when a snatch of conversation catches his attention.

"And then I says to her, if they is a vampire family, I'll needs to cleanse them out. But she didn't believes me and I ain't seens her since."

"Aw, be reasonable, Friedrich, I do no think she would be killed for saying such. It do seem much more likely that this new family do no be vampires. I doubt your claims that you can sense them."

"I knows when I'm right, and I'm right now. I ain't never been wrong about a vampire, I swears it. The Mormonts gots among thems at least one, probably two or three."

Nikolaus' blood starts to burn. "It would behoove you not to spread that kind of rumor about my family. The harm you cause could be... irreparable," he says threateningly, walking over to the man. He recognizes him as none other than the same priest who had tried to kill him in his childhood. This time, the priest was in a position to do a lot more harm. Nikolaus almost wishes he would try.

"N-now see here," the other man at the table puts in, but Nikolaus ignores him, continuing to advance.

The priest bares his teeth in an odd grimace-grin. "You're a vampire too! I can tells it. Stay away from me!" He grabs his holy figure and blasts Nikolaus with Holy magic.

Nikolaus' face twists darkly as he continues to walk forward. "I'm afraid that's not possible. Your Holy magic does nothing to me. In fact," he says, pulling out his own holy symbol from his robes and holding it in his hand, which does not burn, "I myself am a man of the cloth. I have disproved your abilities. You may go in peace."

"Y-you oughts to mind your elders, boy! You're a vampire, I can tells it, and nones of your witchcraft won't works on me." He blasts again with pure divine magic, and Nikolaus doesn't so much as flinch.

"F-Friedrich, I do think you should stop."

"Clearly this Friedrich is possessed by a demon. It is the only explanation. Don't worry, I will free you." Nikolaus raises his hand in prayer, closing his eyes. A divine light erupts from the hand and strikes Friedrich in the heart. "May you rest in peace."

Nikolaus turns to leave before a scene is caused. "I shall say it once more, for good measure: do not endeavor to slander my family's good name. May the Light shine upon you, and the smile of Mercy shelter you." He bows to the other man at the table as he leaves.

The steak arrives at an empty table. Nonplussed, Duchess Valette shrugs and delivers it to her cat instead.

Valette's Parlor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Berkshire-
Jump to: