Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Central Wraith Woods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Central Wraith Woods   Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 am

While the Central Wraith Woods has a few paths running across and through it, it's still nowhere near safe. Dotted with bramble thickets the height of the canopy, and deep caverns. The beasts and undead living here will usually leave you alone if you don't trespass. Unless it's their mealtime.

How the road running down the line of the central and western woods remains mostly safe is anyone's guess. Territorial lines?
Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:33 am

Yoren and Mensch ride into the Wraith Woods with blades drawn, dispatching anything that gets in the way with the efficiency of a trained monster hunter and somewhat less trained assassin. They make their way to the cave of the basilisk, deeper within the forest, without sustaining any injury.

Some time later, they emerge from the cave victorious, though not unscathed. Several cuts adorn each man, and they travel a bit slower as they make their way to the outer portion of the forest. The witcher hums softly to himself and chuckles. "I thank you for your assistance, Halscreft." "Of course witcher." "Now, however... I'm afraid that you're going to have to be dealt with. You're too fast for a man, and your wounds have already closed. Didn't know any better, I'd say you were a vampire." Yoren is silent. "Think I'm stupid, kid?" he asks, as he draws his silver blade and leaps.

Yoren barely blocks it as he draws his own steel sword. The blows come too fast for a response. Like hammers. Yoren parries, blocks and dodges... And then... The witcher scores a hit on his chest. It slices through his coat, which he doesn't even have time to think about why the coat didn't deflect. He leaps back, drawing one of his pistols and aiming to fire. It doesn't. Dammit... he thinks, as he tosses the useless weapon aside. He scores a hit on the witcher, the witcher scores two on him. His chest bleeds free from the three cuts, coat cut to bits and shirt turning from white to pink. He draws on his sword instinctively, forgetting that he can't. The witcher scores another pair of hits as he's distracted. He parries the next blow, his sword shaking in his grip... Hold on, even with a steady hand it's still... Thrumming. The wards flicker... And die.

The sword itself shatters in a burst of magical energy and steel shards, which Yoren are somehow able to direct at his opponent. The steel pieces, several dozen and charged with power that wants out embed themselves into the witcher at close range. The witcher has no way of blocking this attack, if you can call it that. It throws him into a nearby tree, and he doesn't seem to be able to get back up. Yoren would check to see if he's dead, but his vision swims and he falls. The world around him fades from his mind as he slips into unconsciousness, still bleeding from the five gashes across his chest.

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:48 pm

"Yoren? YOREN!" Lilith discovers the wounded Yoren and gasps.

She has to try her healing magic but... she's only used it once before, and it couldn't heal drastic burns. Perhaps as a ghost the magic flows differently? She might as well try. She doesn't have time for experimentation, she just uses the healing magic the way she's always done.

It doesn't do much. She can feel the magic beyond her fingertips. Her internal reserves of magic are straining, like through a clogged drain. It... helps. But not much. Drat. I need to find someone to help us. But all the way in the forest? She flies above the trees and searches for someone to help.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2256p350-the-rideps-family-manor#190866

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Yanshi's brow furrows as she looks over the man. "Hmm... I can sew up these cuts at least, but we'll have to figure out how to move him without making the other injuries worse... Good thing he's not the other guy, right?" She thumbs over her shoulder at the man with blade shards stuck through his body.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Marie is examining the Witcher's body. "Yes, this does seem to be bad. He's completely dead, it certainly appears. And the other one?" She walks over to look at Yoren.

Upon recognizing his face, she faints.

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:24 pm

"Wh-Hey! Marie?!" She manages to half catch her with her hand, so she at least didn't hit her head on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:26 pm

"Oh dear. I suppose the sight of blood made her a bit woozy?" Lilith asks, concerned. This doesn't seem like Marie to be upset over the sight of blood -- hungry, perhaps, but not woozy.

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Yanshi sets her down gently and scratches the back of her head. "Ahaaaaa... No, that doesn't sound right. I dunno what it could be though." She looks at the ghost. "I don't suppose you know how to poltergeist? It's gunna take a while to get both of them back if not."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:23 pm

"To... poltergeist?" Lilith asks, obviously confused.

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:31 pm

"Nevermind. Maybe she'll wake up by the time I patch him up?" She pulls her needle and thread out of her backpack and sets to work.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:49 am

Marie wakes up roughly twenty seconds in. She gets up, brushes off, looks around, and backs up warily. As long as he's unconscious, he can't have seen her. Still...
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:43 am

Yanshi keeps her eyes on her work. She could stitch herself up without looking, but someone else probably wasn't a good idea. Though, this guy wasn't bleeding too much anyway. "You OK there?"
Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:08 am

"Yes, it's just... This man... He may recognize me when he wakes up. If he's not dead too."

If Lilith were alive, she would have felt her heart skip a beat at this. Not at the implication her son could die -- she was fully aware -- but at the lack of livingness in his aura now that she stopped to actually read it. "He... no... no, I was too late... His aura..."
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Yanshi smirks. "Pfft, that doesn't mean anything. Use your eyes instead, he's still breathing. Besides." She pulls up her sleeve, showing lines of stitches and slightly different skin patches. "I didn't think I'd need to tell a ghost that death doesn't mean much."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:22 pm

"That's all well and good but he's not a ghost and--" Lilith starts speaking rather fast.

Marie cuts her off. "He can't have been necromanced, yes?' she reasons calmly.

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Yanshi just points at Marie and keeps sewing up the gashes.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Marie nods, giving off an air of perfectly assured calm. "Must've been a silver weapon, then. Fortunate we arrived when we did." She adjusts her posture to hide the fact that she's leaning against a tree. Then she remembers that this is the tree containing the Witcher's body, and she looks around sheepishly before having a small feast.

Lilith is unsure of what to think. "So you're saying he's..."

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:44 pm

"Must have been recent if you didn't know. Couldn't tell you how recent, though. Not my undead field." She pats on the cuts as she finishes sewing the last one, making sure they weren't too tight, or too loose.
Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:37 pm

"That might explain..."
Back to top Go down
Rideps1
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:52 pm

"Explain what?"
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:49 pm

"My daughter and her friend were filling me in on what happened since my death, and apparently he had... changed. In personality."

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:05 am

"Lots of things can change people. His body looks like it's been through the ringer a few times, and that's just from what I can see through these cuts in his clothes.  Anything coulda done it."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan
Libero
Libero

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:43 am

"...After all I tried to do to get us away from there..." Lilith whispers, shaken.

Marie finishes feasting.

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:41 am

"I think he should be good to move now. Long as he doesn't wake up."
Back to top Go down
Death-chan Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:29 pm

"All right then. If you don't mind?" she addresses Lilith, who floats out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central Wraith Woods   

Back to top Go down

Central Wraith Woods
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: West Drachurst :: Wraith Woods-
Jump to: