Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Night Springs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zerdark
Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:59 pm

A normal village somewhere within the country of Drachurst. Acting on various reports he's received over the weeks concerning surrounding areas, Zerdark soon arrives with Robin.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:00 pm

"This is the place," Robin says quietly as she passes the gate with Zerdark. Her tome is already in hand, other hand glowing slightly as she looks around at the townsfolk busily doing normal townsfolk things. "Zerdark, we're not going to be able to save anyone, but this is definitely where it's going to happen. You can feel it, right? That tension in the energies around here? Something's about to pop."

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:03 pm

He sighs. "Sometimes I hate when I'm right...I can definitely feel something here and it's not good."

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:07 pm

"They don't seem to-" is all Robin manages to get out before it happens. Seeming to center from further into town, what appears to be a bubble of distortion explodes outward, engulfing the town. Robin's glowing hand manages to come up just in time to bring up a shield around herself and Zerdark to ward against the impending wave. The townsfolk caught in the wave's midst seem to stop as if frozen in motion before silently and instantly vanishing without a trace. Robin's shield manages to hold long enough for the wave to pass them and eventually peter out behind them, leaving in its wake a ghost town where only moments ago, there had been a burgeoning population. In one simple wave, it was all gone.

But that seemingly indescribable phenomenon wasn't the only thing that Robin's attention was on. Though seemingly devoid of life now, the empty town wasn't devoid of sound. "Do you hear that? Down that road there, it almost sounds like... a crying child? Come on, we have to investigate!"

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:11 pm

He hears it too and a look of concern forms on his face. "This can go one of several ways. Let's go, and don't drop your guard."

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:15 pm

"The shield hand is still primed," Robin assures her husband. "Let's go." With caution, the two travel down the road towards the sound. As they travel, Robin can't help but glance around at the marvel of what's happened. Baskets of produce lay on their sides on the ground where they had just been held by merchants, stalls stocked with merchandise now sit unattended... the whole scene was disconcerting. And would only continue to be so as the source of the crying sound came into view, further down the road. Robin's pace quickened as she sighting a young girl, no more than 9 or 10 years old, with lavender-purple hair, curious white horns, and a long skinny tail with a bulbous ball on the end, standing by herself in the middle of the road, staring down at the ground and crying her eyes out. If it was her motherly instincts or not, no one can say, but without even a word Robin swooped to the girl and picked her up, holding her close to her in a hug. "It's okay sweetie, you're safe," she gently coos to the girl, who seems to offer no resistance to Robin's actions other than to bury her face into her shoulder and continue to cry.

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Zerdark keeps a hand on the hilt of his sword until he sees the girl. He quickly yet carefully scans the surrounding area for any potential danger before focusing his attention on her. "Whatever danger here seems to be gone for the time being. You're safe now."

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Robin simply rocks the girl back and forth as she cries, just as motherly and caring as the day her own children were born. Soon the tears begin to withdraw somewhat and turn into blubbering and hiccups, and eventually the girl reaches up and wipes her face with her sleeve before looking quizzically at the woman holding her and the man behind her. "W-Wha?"

"It's okay, dear," Robin says warmly, giving the girl her best smile. "Whatever happened, it's over now. You're safe. Are you okay? Can you tell us what happened?"

"W-We... I don't control it," the girl says quickly before wiping her face again and managing to take a deep breath. "I don't want this to happen to the people, but it just... does. They're here and then... they're not. I don't know... I didn't mean..."

"Poor girl," Robin whispers gently, stroking the girl's hair affectionately and holding her close. "You're the source of these disappearances, but you're just as much a victim too, aren't you?" Robin's gaze moves quickly from her to Zerdark. "You know we can't just leave her here, right? A little girl with powers that aren't under control? We have to help her."

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:36 pm

"I'll search through my contacts and see if I can turn anything up that might help. In the meantime you're right. She'll need somewhere to stay. I know it's short notice, but we do have extra rooms...that won't be a problem, right?"

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:42 pm

"I think we should also head to Voile and talk to Patchouli," Robin adds to Zerdark's points. "Her books might contain something that can help." Robin's smile widens as she looks back at the girl. "We're going to take care of you, alright?" Already, Robin begins to head back out of town, her husband and the girl in tow. "Do you know anything about how these events start? And your horns and your tail are interesting, are you human? Oh my, I haven't even introduced myself yet! I'm sorry. My name is Robin, and this is my husband Zerdark. What's your name?"

"W-Well..." the child starts, seeming to subconsciously cling to Robin as they walk as though it was natural. "I don't really know what starts it, but I can feel when it's coming. There isn't any time to warn anyone, though. I'm human, these horns and this tail are like an... aftereffect? Of what happens? I don't really know, but they're part of me. A-And... my name is... Grace."

"Well it's nice to meet you Grace," Robin answers back, holding Grace's head and giving her another big hug. "We're going to go to a nice city called Voile and meet a nice lady named Patchouli, okay? If anyone can help you with this, it'll be her. Then you can come stay with us, okay? Is that okay with you?"

"Yes..." Grace answers, nodding and letting loose just the faintest of smiles at the thought. "Th-thank you. I'll be good, I promise."

"I know you will be. And we'll help you be better too. It'll all be okay, you'll see."

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:51 pm

"Let's just keep this on a need to know basis, alright? Anyone else asks, we conveniently 'forget' to mention these...events. Better that way." Zerdark calms down and smiles for the first time since arriving at the village. "Anyway I should have introduced myself earlier, though Robin already did it for me. I am Zerdark, but you can call me Mr. Gavin if you'd prefer."

Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:54 pm

"We'll need to discuss what to tell people if they ask how we found her too," Robin reminds Zerdark, still embracing Grace warmly. "But for now, Voile isn't that far off, so let's get going there now to talk to Patches." For her part, Grace's smile gets a bit wider at Zerdark's words.

"Okay, Mr. Gavin," Grace says, for the first time her words not sounding shaky from the previous crying episode. Seems she's calmed down considerably now that she's found some sense of safety.

PostSubject: Re: Night Springs   

Back to top Go down

Night Springs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Regions :: Unspecified Locations-
Jump to: