Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Vera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gardevoir
Gardevoir

PostSubject: Vera   Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:47 am

Thirty-one years ago, on December 1st, a daughter was born to two parents and an older brother.  The pregnancy was unexpected, the birth was premature, and the daughter's health began dire.  Caught off-guard and largely unwilling, the family quickly named her Vera, after her mother.  Her first few months of life were spent in the care of doctors, who delivered news that the girl's ability to fight disease was severely handicapped and she'd likely spend her life frail and sickly.  Vera's fate was sealed before she'd had the chance to even begin.

To call Vera's toddler and child years negligent would be generous.  Her presence being unplanned, unexpected, and mostly unwanted, those that called themselves her family had no real idea what to do with her.  The better ones simply ignored her or were indifferent.  There were worse ones.  The worst of them among her immediate family, who used Vera for their own needs with no regard for her.  Age only exacerbated these acts, all the while depriving the young girl of the experiences that a normal girl of her age should have, and the lessons she should learn.  Her lack of value to her family was clear as day, and she grew never knowing any different.

In her teenage years, she began to be used to fulfill more carnal desires by the tormentors that called themselves family.  Whether for this or not, it was clear that Vera's only value in this world was as a distraction or a toy.  Years of the behavior had taught Vera how to lock herself away when so used, coasting through emotionless until the deeds were done.  She played her role as toy capably, because to do otherwise would bring only wrath, scorn and violence.

Vera's small amount of solace came when she was allowed to sleep.  In her dreams, her tormentors had no power.  Vera could be anyone, and do anything.  She could be strong or weak, heroic or villainous, tall or short, and everything in between.  She could be anyone besides herself, and Vera treasured her sleep and the dreams it brought.  More often than not, the thought of making it to another night's dreams was the sole motivator to get her through the difficult days.

Things continued uninterrupted this way for years.  Vera bore the marks and scars of such an existence, but no one thought to ask or investigate.  The thought to ask others never crossed her mind, because she knew she was undeserving of help or resolution.  As the years ticked by, one by one her tormentors that called themselves family began to drop off, exiting her life whether abruptly or expectantly, and always without a sense of closure for Vera.  At 23, her father who packed a powerful punch died in an accident.  Years later, her older brother with the carnal needs was carted off by the authorities and subsequently died while incarcerated.  And finally, her mother distraught at the death of her son took her own life.  One by one they had all fallen away, leaving Vera free from their influence.

But she knew there was no freedom.  What there was now, was the crushing loneliness of the frail, weak woman she was, stunted in mental and emotional development and unable to experience even the simplest of life's pleasures.  Her power to dream, however, had only grown in such a long time.  Vera had mastered her dreams, and crafted entire worlds inside her dreams, filled with different personas, facets reflecting some small piece of Vera.  Vera would often assume the role of one of her personas, or interact with them within her crafted dreamscapes.  Just as it was before, dreams were Vera's escape from a cold and lonely life.

Unknown to her, the power she exhibited in her dreams was substantial enough to be able to begin to influence the waking world.  The personas she crafted for herself began to manifest in the real world as she slept.  The personas that had been with her the longest became so powerful within her dream reality that they could overtake the real world and appear there, having been written into the very history of the world itself as though they had always been there.  Some had exceptional and extraordinary power, while others were simple folk ready to live their lives.

Robin Gavin, the sharp-witted tactician...
Patchouli Knowledge, the sagely bookkeeper...
Giegue, the enigmatic alien visitor...
Miss Daisy, the sporty and athletic pummeler...
Faris Scherwiz, the rollicking pirate captain...
Eswar Sandrose, the aspiring heroic swordswoman...

Some of these names have been part of Adonia for centuries, while some are making their mark in the here and now.  But all of them were once personas inside the intricately crafted dreamscapes of Vera.  In the real world, no one involved is aware of their connection, and that is just as well.  Vera currently makes her home in the city of Voile, keeping to herself and much preferring to sleep rather than face a world that long ago left her behind.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Gardevoir on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
SmashBasher123
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Vera   Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:00 am

Interesting idea for a character. Let me know if there's any way I can help on anything with her or her creations whether interacting or just planning something, or even just to talk about anything else, I'll do what I can to oblige. \o
Back to top Go down
Delicious_Fsteak
Furfrou with a tophat
Furfrou with a tophat

PostSubject: Re: Vera   Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:49 am

Interesting and really sad, I want give Vera a hug.

My Japanese name: 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean) 山下 Yamashita (under the mountain)
Stay calm and derjpop
Awakening:

ARE YOU READY?:

QFT:

Back to top Go down
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: Re: Vera   Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:22 pm

As the others said, very interesting. The personas are interesting. Let me know if I can help out. If you ever want to talk, just ask.

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Zerdark
Emperor of the Multiverse
Emperor of the Multiverse

PostSubject: Re: Vera   Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:55 pm

We've already talked about this, but as always I'm here for you. Let me know if you need anything.

http://ciphersyndicate.forumotion.com/t2486-employee-lounge
Go crazy.
Back to top Go down
The Riderps Phone
Turtle Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Vera   Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:14 pm

I hope you know Lil' Mikoto likes to bust in on depressed citizens of Viole and hug them. So that's gunna happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vera   

Back to top Go down

Vera
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Gardy's Bios-
Jump to: