Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

(Placeholder Title)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: (Placeholder Title)   Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:14 am

(Placeholder title for the sake of formatting)

The temperature of the air drops 20 degrees, as a hole in the air widens. From the other side, there can be seen an icy-looking room. However, what most takes the attention of the half-elf Addison Hines, still standing over the corpse of one Knight of the Winter Court, is the woman who practically fills the “doorway”. Long, midnight blue tresses spill over too-pale shoulders, and her expression is one of wry amusement. “Well then… Looks like the bitch’s pet bitch has started a war~” the woman says, almost gleefully, as she steps through amid what appears to be fallen ice and closes her portal.

Addison raises an eyebrow. “So… you’re the mother Leah talks about? Hmph, not my fault if you send substandard help. You can tell me why that fairy was here before I put an arrow between your eyes.”

Morgana smiles slowly. “Insurance. My daughter is no longer of my Court, so if she becomes more than an annoyance, I can have her dispatched without infringing on the Accords in the least.”

“No you can’t. Not with me here. So skitter back to your Court and leave Leah be, lest you wake a sleeping giant and fill her with angry resolve.”

“Cute. You mortals are all so self-centered. If you think that whelp is even a minor threat, you’re much prettier than you are intelligent.”

"And you pompous nobles just talk and talk and talk, not even noticing the halo of arrows that now hovers above your head. But thank you for coming here so I don’t have to track you down to end you myself. I’m looking forward to telling Leah the good news.”

"She will take your death with gladness? Perhaps I threw her away a tad quickly…”

Addison sighs, her fist clenching to loose the arrow she had drawn during the exchange. Morgana lets it sink into her chest with a throaty, almost sexual sigh.

“My whore daughter neglected to inform you that conventional weaponry doesn’t really have an effect on the Fae, I see.” Morgana lets fly a sharpened icicle. Addison simply tilts her head to the left, letting the icicle whiz past her ear.

“Just testing the waters. But if it’s to be magic, then magic it’ll be.” Addison’s hands glow green as the wind picks up, and Morgana gives her a slow, wicked smile. The air around Addison instantly turns to ice, but just as fast as that, she creates a pocket of wind that expands with great, explosive force. The ice flies madly in all directions before reversing itself and coming right back towards Addison. A few hit their mark and draw blood. The ground beneath Addison erupts into icy spikes, more coming from the right and left. Addison spins, dodging the attack as best she can, but it still does noticeable damage and she begins to breathe more heavily. Morgana smirks and forms a massive pillar of ice in the air, which descends rapidly. It connects dead-on, knocking Addison out cold. At the same time, the teleportation charm she cast before takes hold. She vanishes in a burst of bright light, and Morgana smiles to herself satisfiedly. The satisfaction, however, dies an early death as she feels a massive magical pressure. An elegant pair of white double doors appears out of thin air, and out of them steps one man that Morgana knows is more than a match for her, magically and physically. The Winter Knight. The Winter Knight, after which all the others who served the Winter Queen patterned themselves. Morgana tears open a portal back to her palace at Arctis Tor in a panic. The man, grey robe, grey pointy hat, and long grey beard, smiles to himself.

“Let’s go see to the girl who thought she wanted to be a hero, today.” He remarks to his companion with a twinkle in his eyes.

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: (Placeholder Title)   Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 am

Ebenezer and Freyja make their way to the club that Addison and Leah call home, Ebenezer gently opening the door to find it mostly empty. Other than Leah, who seems rather bent out of shape.
“Father, explain what happened out there to Leah. I’ll attend to Addison.” Ebenezer nods, and Freyja disappears up the stairs.

“Simply put, your friend found one of the guards Morgana set upon you and took an issue with him. She attacked and slew him. Which gives Morgana right to make herself manifest in the mortal world. I’m sure it didn’t take much, but she goaded Miss Addison into attacking her, and retaliated. Thusly she comes into her current state.” Leah blinks, and her expression turns from worried to frigid anger.
“That… BITCH.” Leah almost snarls.
“It was a remarkably clever way to sidestep the Accords,” Ebenezer admits. A few minutes pass, before Freyja descends the stairs.

“Addison is conscious, and would like to speak to Leah alone.”
Leah makes her way up the stairs, entering the room where Addison is.
 “Thank gods,” Leah breathes as the steps into the room to find Addison conscious, reclined against an assortment of pillows. “What the hell were you thinking?”

“He provoked me by threatening you, how could I not? But now… seems like I made a fine mess of things, didn’t I?”
 “According to Grandfather, she did it to sidestep the Accords. But, honestly, it’s no more a mess now than it was before.” Leah folds her arms against her stomach, almost as if she’s cold, and gently frets at her bottom lip with her teeth.
 “So... Freyja told me a bit about what happens now. Are you going to confront her?”
 “I’m not going to confront her. I’m going to kill her. And every other fucking Fae in Arctis Tor, if they set a damned foot in my way. Leah’s voice turns icy.
 “Freyja said she and her father were going with you, too. And she said that I can’t go with you, even though I want to. So, um… listen, there’s two things I want you to do for me, okay? Listen closely.”

Leah tilts her head, and her voice goes back from icy to its normal tone. “Yeah?”
Addison clears her throat a bit, then continues.
 “The first thing is this. Before you go to fight, go southwest out of Lochmere and head for the city of Voile. Once you get there, go to the Great Library and look for a woman with long purple hair who will probably be napping. Her name’s Patchouli Knowledge, and you tell her that you’re calling in a favor for Addison Hines, and ask her to come with you. She’ll agree, and she’ll be a great help if I’m not allowed to come.” Leah nods.
 “Okay… and the other?”
 “The other is…”Addison shifts herself and stands up from the bed, wobbling just a bit but shaking her head and maintaining her composure. She walks towards Leah slowly, then suddenly grabs her by the front of her shirt and pulls her in close, looking directly into her eyes. “You better come back to me, Leah. I won’t forgive you if the woman I love gets killed by THAT woman. Just... make sure you make it home to me. Please.”

Leah blinks, spots of color coming up high in her cheeks. She blinks a few more times…
 “Wait. What?”

Addison doesn’t waste any more words. Instead, she uses action to show her meaning by pulling Leah into a deep kiss. A few seconds later, she breaks it off and smiles wide at Leah, a high blush on her face. “I hope that got my message across. I’m in love with you Leah. I have been for a while now. And I won’t lose you to a woman like that. So you have to promise that you’ll come back here to your home, to me. I’ll be here waiting for you. Always will be.” Leah, to her credit, seems much less confused now. The spots of color have spread more, her whole face a light crimson, now. She nods and smiles at Addison.

“I’ll come back, I swear.” To the magically sensitive, there’s a light stirring of energy as she says this.

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: (Placeholder Title)   Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am

The group travels to Voile, without the use of Ebenezer’s Ways. By his own account, Morgana felt those every time they opened. Entering the Great Voile Library, it doesn’t take Leah long to spot the woman Addison told her about. She appears to be asleep at her desk with her head pillowed on an open book. Leah steps towards her and clears her throat softly.
Patchouli stirs in her sleep, shifting a bit and blinking herself awake.
“Oh, hello there,” she says softly, stretching her neck and sitting upright. “Welcome to the Voile Library. Are you looking for something, or just browsing?”

Leah shakes her head. “Looking for you, actually. Patchouli Knowledge, right?”
“That’s correct, keeper of the Great Voile Library at your service. What can I do for you?”
“Addison sent me, she said she wanted to use the favor you owed her to ask you to come with me and help with… Deposing the Winter Queen of the Fae, so to speak.”
“Addison Hines…” Patchouli folds her arms and sits back in her chair, head bowed a bit in thought. “It must be serious indeed, for her to actually call in this favor. What’s your name?”
“I’m Leah.”
“Well Leah, what’s your connection to Addison Hines? Explain the situation in full detail, if you’d be so kind.”

“We met about three decades ago, when I came into her club for drinks. I was sort of… drawn to it. And also sort of homeless. I visited there several times, eventually asking her if I could work there as a bartender. She seemed more than happy to let me. She let me stay with her above the club. Eventually, I told her my history. Fast forward to recently, she got into a fight with one of the guys who were supposed to be watching me, and killed him. Morgana showed up and goaded her into attacking her. In the resulting duel, Addi got injured pretty badly. She couldn’t come herself, so she wanted you to come to make sure I came back okay.”

“I see…” Patchouli half-trails off, lost in thought. A moment passes before she nods and gets to her feet. “Then we’ve no time to lose. I’ll join you on your mission, and get you back to her safely. You’ll be more than safe under my watch, a silly little faerie queen is no match for the mighty Patchouli Knowledge.” A light chuckle accompanies her declaration.
Leah smiles. “Grandfather said you’d say something like that.”

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Placeholder Title)   

Back to top Go down

(Placeholder Title)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Important Events and Noncanon-