Cipher Syndicate
Hello there! You've reached the (former) Cipher Syndicate!

We're not accepting new members anymore, unfortunately.
Cipher Syndicate

A merry band of roleplayers cavorting around in a land called Adonia

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Restoration of Love

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yikkin
Mister Doctor Professor Yikkario

PostSubject: A Restoration of Love   Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:09 pm

Ethalia Mortensen spends her morning doing nothing, as often she does. Some people would call this lazy, but Ethalia calls it necessary. Spending an entire night healing the worst of what came to the monastery, those who needed attention so severely that they couldn't wait minutes, not to mention hours for those who had a more customary schedule, would physically tire anyone. For Ethalia, though, each person she healed was both an agony to her and a relief. This, however, isn't what her mind drifts to this morning. Her mind drifts back to the week before, when one of her morning "nothing" sessions became very much a something...

My Bios

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."
Back to top Go down
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Restoration of Love   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:32 am

One of the two guards that patrols the monastery for "suspicious" activity knocks softly on the door. "Lady Ethalia, I apologize for disturbing you during your meditation, but a very peculiar woman was seen looking in your window."
"Really? Is she injured?"
"My lady, I don't think it's safe-"
"Nonsense, Ranulf." Ethalia admonishes him as she gets up off the bed. "Take me to her this instant."

Outside, Ethalia finds the other guard, Jason, holding a cloaked and hooded woman rather roughly. "Let go of me before I snap your arm," the woman suggests. Unfortunately, Jason just frowns at her. "Have it your way then."
There's a sickening snapping sound as she twists out his grip and drives a knee into his back.

"Might wanna heal your boyfriend," the woman suggests as she turns to go. Ethalia's already kneeling down, the glow of her holy healing magic surrounding her hands. That done in less than a minute, she rises, walks over to the other woman, and jerks her hood down.

She thought that she'd recognized the voice. Her throat feels tight as she stares at the woman.
Spoiler:

"V...Val?"

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Yikkin

PostSubject: Re: A Restoration of Love   Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:22 pm

A short time later, Ethalia and Valiana are sitting in a small dining room. "Val, are you hungry?" Ethalia asks, as much to break the silence as anything.
"Yeah. Got any steak?"
"I believe so."
"Make it rare."
"Are you certain that's how you want your food?"
"Yeah."
"Al...alright then."

After a short dinner, in which Val seems to enjoy the steak a fair bit more than she ought to, Ethalia rises. "We need to talk, Val."
"...somewhere we won't be overheard. Please..."

Back in Ethalia's room... "What happened?"
"I...I...I..." She swallows. "I'm a vampire..." Val finally manages to whisper. "...I killed Isabelle... after I got turned... it hurt so much... I went to find her... And I... attacked her. I don't know how I knew how... but... I think I ate her... She's...dead...dead...all my fault..." she keeps whispering, choking up more and more as she speaks, finally resting her face in her hands and flat out bawling.

Ethalia doesn't speak for a moment, simply getting up and sitting down on the bed next to her sister and petting her short hair gently. She whispers reassurances, all the while thinking, This is how she used to comfort me when I hurt myself as a child... gods... please help her...

My Bios

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Restoration of Love   

Back to top Go down

A Restoration of Love
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cipher Syndicate :: Important Events and Noncanon :: Flashbacks-
Jump to: